Summer of Rows 2019 (Post your rows here)

Kluv#0

57 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Just use an Ez-curl bar, Tricep bar or Oly barbell and go heavy. Doing 50 reps is not going to do sheet for ya- trust me!

Truth! It will work for muscle endurance... but what in earth will you ever have to row for 50 reps. That will definitely bring down your strength. Anything over 8 reps in my experience becomes more endurance than muscle growth or strength. For my, 3 -6 reps is ideal for both strength and size. 

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

If it's only your fifth time doing the exercise I don't think you'll need heavier bells at the moment I think you can get stronger just by using that dumbbell. Go as high as 50 reps or even more...

Your correct I would since cns etc didnt know wtf I was doing. But I rather not go over 10 reps! 

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Just use an Ez-curl bar, Tricep bar or Oly barbell and go heavy. Doing 50 reps is not going to do sheet for ya- trust me!

I'll try the ez bar! Thanks for the tip :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Say whatever you want but I bet he can start lawnmowers all day while we're wasting time icing our shoulders

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Say whatever you want but I bet he can start lawnmowers all day while we're wasting time icing our shoulders

This is rowing thread - no icing of shoulders needed. Thanks for checking it out.

16 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Haha that was my initial thought, really looks like the same movement when the lawnmower is acting up. 

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

@Lennix

You'll go 100kg + in no time with a barbell 

It's so weird to do it when their so damn long, balance is hard!  I guess I'll try it.. Thanks! 

30 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Iam quite aware of high rep rows.

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

When on earth would you have to pull start a lawnmower engine 50x in a row😂😂😂.... I’ve been doing heavy rows all my life on and off and have never iced my shoulders once. In fact, I’d gamble to say that doing 50 reps a set might wear your shoulders out faster than lower reps with a heavy weight. I feel nothing in my shoulders when I row. So, what would you rather do? Pull start a lawn mower 50 times in a row? Which you’ll never have to do if your mower works.... OR .... row the inch dumbbell once? I think I know what the majority on this thread are gonna pick if they are honest. 😉

This video will get the thread back on track:)

19 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks again for the tip! Felt great, abit wobbly at first but started to get the hang of it 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Thanks again for the tip! Felt great, abit wobbly at first but started to get the hang of it 

Excellent set! Very impressive power you have already at a young age!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Excellent set! Very impressive power you have already at a young age!

Thank you! I've been into powerlifting for 3 years and grip for 1 year and a few months.

• Like 1

I have not done these in years(and it shows-A for effort, LOL) but Renegade rows, when done correctly, can be challenging for core, lats. Iam hoping somebody does one arm inverted rows, Love watching that kind of strength!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I have not done these in years(and it shows-A for effort, LOL) but Renegade rows, when done correctly, can be challenging for core, lats. Iam hoping somebody does one arm inverted rows, Love watching that kind of strength!

I'm up for a challenge, I reckon I'm good for a few reps. Mind you it's 2.15 am here and I have 700ml of vodka under my belt so I could having myself on.

• Like 1

8/4/19  Yates row 275 lb x 9 - No straps  A.M. BWT 223 lb

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

8/4/19  Yates row 275 lb x 9 - No straps  A.M. BWT 223 lb

Nice set!

• Thanks 1

Summer or Rows 2019 continue- RT(new version) 141 lb  x 9 standing rows

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Summer or Rows 2019 continue- RT(new version) 141 lb  x 9 standing rows

Kilt it!

• Thanks 1

Got my first full lifts with this today at 172.3 lbs, so I did some rows to celebrate.  The pins are taped so the plates won't rotate freely.  Only 4 with lefty.  Didn't film.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Got my first full lifts with this today at 172.3 lbs, so I did some rows to celebrate.  The pins are taped so the plates won't rotate freely.  Only 4 with lefty.  Didn't film.

Excellent set CEO!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rob McMurren said:

Havent seen any Blob50 (unless i missed them, but heres a single with each arm

Nice!

• Like 1