Summer of Rows 2019 (Post your rows here)

Kluv#0

Summer of rows festival- Feel free to post any and all rowing vids. I promise I wont give tips:)  Iam a big fan of them! I kicked it off couple weeks back and King crusher did great with his vid. Having said all that- Eric Roussin is the best 1 arm rower I have seen in my lifetime with Oly handle, IM axle and He even can strict row Inch replica!!! Anyone who thinks rows doesn't help bigtime PM me and I will send you some back pics from when I was 47 until today 52!

Edited by Kluv#0
add
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, king crusher said:

That would be a kickass grip workout on the axle. Nice work!

Gracias K.C. , I really like various rows and what they can do for an individual.  Figured it would be fun and productive to have a thread devoted to rows as (IMO) they are a perfect compliment to grip working the back and hands,etc. 

Meadows/Pendlay rows mix- Volume needed as it might help someone just starting grip or even a seasoned vet. Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

This thread seems like fun. I'll post up on Sunday with whatever I can manage with axle bar rows for a set of 5-8.

Don't threaten me with a good time. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Strong lifting my dude. That axle row is no joke. 

Thanks buddy. A friend suggested I change title to "Summer of rows" that sounds better 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks buddy. A friend suggested I change title to "Summer of rows" that sounds better 

Sounds like a country song. By the way. Check your instagram messages. 

• Haha 1

If I remember I will try to do some rows for this on Saturday workout in with my other thickbar and DL work.

- Aaron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

This thread seems like fun. I'll post up on Sunday with whatever I can manage with axle bar rows for a set of 5-8.

36 minutes ago, acorn said:

If I remember I will try to do some rows for this on Saturday workout in with my other thickbar and DL work.

- Aaron

Thanks men for showing interest. I look forward to seeing your videos. Have a great Friday and enjoyable weekend

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Summer of rows festival- Feel free to post any and all rowing vids. I promise I wont give tips:)  Iam a big fan of them! I kicked it off couple weeks back and King crusher did great with his vid. Having said all that- Eric Roussin is the best 1 arm rower I have seen in my lifetime with Oly handle, IM axle and He even can strict row Inch replica!!! Anyone who thinks rows doesn't help bigtime PM me and I will send you some back pics from when I was 47 until today 52!

Thanks for the mention! But I’m sure there are many better rowers out there — especially using an Olympic size handle.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Thanks for the mention! But I’m sure there are many better rowers out there — especially using an Olympic size handle.

You are probably correct as I forgot about these guys.

cyborg.png.78e651a0e1af65bbd8818cbdc81f6c0e.png

• Haha 2

I’m in 🦞🦞🦞

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

I’m in 🦞🦞🦞

Sounds great Adam!

29 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I suppose this is frowned upon but here's a set from todays workout. ~161 with straps. Oly handle.Without them my grip gives out at the end of the 5th rep. Sorry for it being turned the wrong way lol

That is very impressive! I have read your log so I know you are very strong but that was excellent. As far as being frowned upon.. I wear PJ bottoms quite often in my vids:)

• Like 2

Here is one from almost exactly 3yrs ago. I was about 230ish here.

130x12 all reps briefly paused at the top. During this time I could do over 25 reps with the 130's when done with no pause and a quicker tempo.

According to my notes in the vid I did these after deadlifts and high rows. Already pre exhausted. 

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 2

Awesome rows. Seriously. 

Im gonna have to drop in on a gym that has big DBs. My gym only goes to 100. I attempted some 2 3/8 rows but I really felt they sucked ass, only the best for the ladies amirite?. Especially after poking fun at people yesterday😬  

Theres a saying from Feudal Japan that goes “Do not go to a sword fight with a pool noodle” 

Need to find a sword. Pronto. 

• Like 1

I'm in.  I'm not as good as I once was, but I may just be as good once as I ever was.  We shall see.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm in.  I'm not as good as I once was, but I may just be as good once as I ever was.  We shall see.

See @Kluv#0 Country Song

Summer Roowwwsss, I’m not as good as I once was, Summer Roowwwwsss, But I may just be as good once as I ever wasssss. Summmmeerrr rOOwwss

Nashville watch out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This was a couple years ago.  I don't have any dumbbells in the shed of pain.  I'll see what I can do this weekend. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This was a couple years ago.  I don't have any dumbbells in the shed of pain.  I'll see what I can do this weekend. 

I remember seeing this- started calling you CEO of Rows, inc after that. Underrated part of that set is endurance aspect- Difficult.

• Like 1

On Wednesday did this set left hand 181 x 9 . Big mo but sheet its left hand:) I will do a heavy set with Right next week which will be better

• Like 4

Got inspired! Had nothing heavier to row with then my 25kg plates xD 

• Like 3

I really hate rows, all the variations, even though I'm pretty good at them. I'll do them today, just for this occasion :D

• Like 1

Haven't had a chance to embarrass myself yet, so I'll continue to live in the past:

2 yrs ago: one arm  2" V-bar rows: 150, 175, 200

• Like 1