What CoC should I get next?

Jaydo12345

I just recently bought a coc sport because I want to strengthen my grip. I decided to follow what the website said when it said that people who lift weights should start with the sport. I pulled it out of the packaging expecting to close it maybe 5 to 10 times and closed it 40 times with no set. What gripper should I get then?

Depedning on how many you can buy I would recommend:

.5, #1 & #1.5.
.5, #1, #1.5, #2.
.5, #1, #1.5, #2, #2.5.
T, 0.5, #1, #1.5, #2, #2.5.
After that I think it's better if you buy rated grippers.

Or a trainer, #1, #2. I wouldn’t spend money on a #1.5 unless you’re having a hard time closing the #2 (longer than a few months if you already have an athletic base). Once you pass #2 you’ll progress faster making small jumps in grippers 

1 hour ago, Jaydo12345 said:

I just recently bought a coc sport because I want to strengthen my grip. I decided to follow what the website said when it said that people who lift weights should start with the sport. I pulled it out of the packaging expecting to close it maybe 5 to 10 times and closed it 40 times with no set. What gripper should I get then?

The sport can be a light gripper for a seasoned hand/strong guy. Things escalate pretty rapidly though during the climb so the package deal setting yourself up for a good few months atleast would be good like Hopefully suggested but sometimes starting to workout with a 1 for many can be a bit difficult your first couple sessions. You can also get a .5 and a 1.5 for your next grippers. The .5 may be challenging enough but allow you to hit sets of ten to fifteen while getting your hand prepped for grippers. And the 1.5 will definetly offer a challenge getting you prepped for max efforts and the stronger grips. Good luck. Cant really go wrong as long as you squeezing grippers that are challenging for you.

It's always good to have at least one gripper that you can do around 20-30 reps with. I presonally think that the point five gripper is often overlooked. I think it's a good level for most beginners.

• Like 1

You could also get a GHP4 instead of the #1.5. I think that is a better option, they are generally closer to the #2 and not so close to the #1 as the #1.5's are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

It's always good to have at least one gripper that you can do around 20-30 reps with. I presonally think that the point five gripper is often overlooked. I think it's a good level for most beginners.

The .5 gripper is the 135 of grippers. Enough for anyone to warmup, but a staple for all beginners to master.

A 1 would be good, skip the 1.5, it's very close to the 1. And never too soon to start getting rated grippers. Check out CPW pre-rated and their used section, some of those are rated (or you might just find a good deal used unrated).

Edit: right now there's a 70 ghp 3 and an 85 coc1.5, priced less than new unrated grippers. I'd grab both of those if I were you.

Edited by wobbler

One thing to keep in mind, muscles recover way faster than tendons. You can see muscle adaptations within 8 days of training but it takes tendons around 2 months to change. So even if your strength level goes beyond it quickly, you shouldn’t go past around a #2 for the first two months to give your tendons enough time to catch up. No one ever listens to that (including me) but it’ll save you from a lot of hand pain that might keep you from training 

7 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

One thing to keep in mind, muscles recover way faster than tendons. You can see muscle adaptations within 8 days of training but it takes tendons around 2 months to change. So even if your strength level goes beyond it quickly, you shouldn’t go past around a #2 for the first two months to give your tendons enough time to catch up. No one ever listens to that (including me) but it’ll save you from a lot of hand pain that might keep you from training 

Thats cool. That makes a lot of sense about the tendons. Took a good 2-3 months for the deep tendon pain by my metacarpals and finger pulleys to subside . No matter the strength of a beginner its definetly smart to lay off the bigger grippers early to avoid serious injury or definite severe tendon hand pain.