Are grippers harder in the left hand??

Boulderbrew

• Like 2

100%, regular grippers feel off in the left hand and take a different kind of force to close. Last 1 cm of the close is the biggest difference, with way more torsion required.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

100%, regular grippers feel off in the left hand and take a different kind of force to close. Last 1 cm of the close is the biggest difference, with way more torsion required.

I always thought so too

• Like 1

Nice demonstration. This is an interesting study. In the set position, the handle that the four fingers wrap around (while the opposing handle is sat in the palm), is farther away from the fingers in the left hand than the right hand with regular wound grippers.  When the hand is cupped to create a pocket for the handle to sit in the for the ideal set, the fingers almost have to reach over the handle pulling it inward diagonally to the other handle that is mounted in the palm to get to the closed position. The intermediate phalanges of the left hand are moving the handle diagonally to the other handle as opposed to a more straight path with the right hand. The ring and pinky fingers have to drive over the handle the most making the  mechanics of the close for the left hand less ideal than the right hand which compromises the line of close.    * Causing the handles to slightly cross over one another when closed increasing the range of motion.           

*just my observation, would like to hear more opinions

Edited by Viceversus
  • Like 2

Fake news, just flip the gripper over.  Everybody knows that.  😁

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

One interesting thing about this is if Gabriel Sum was right handed, he probably would have certified the #4 at his peak, seeing how close he was to a #4 ccs before 

Ja, that's what I've been saying for years.

10 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Unfortunately that's not allowed for certification.

3 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

Use a mirror. Problem solved. 😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Use a mirror. Problem solved. 😉

A mirror is a great training tool, it got me from the GHP 6 to the GHP 9 in a single session, highly recommended. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

A mirror is a great training tool, it got me from the GHP 6 to the GHP 9 in a single session, highly recommended. 

When I don't film my closes I use a mirror sometimes to see if the handes are shut or not. All these reps I've done with GHP grippers, never realized it was a GHP9 I could do 12 reps with :D 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I always thought so too

Makes sense, because I always just thought the disparity was that I too often work out one-hand things more on the right and neglect the left, but my left is further behind my right on grippers than on anything else.  So if I tried left turn grippers, maybe I'd close a higher RGC?  Using only right hand grippers, my best close lefty is more than 25 pounds less than righty.  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, Hopefully said:

One interesting thing about this is if Gabriel Sum was right handed, he probably would have certified the #4 at his peak, seeing how close he was to a #4 ccs before 

Don't take this the wrong way as im not at all saying Gabriel is not a beast, he's awesome, and I get what you are saying but the only video I can see on his channel he is several mm away from ccs and that's on a gripper that looks to say 85 on it? Maybe someone else can understand whats wrote on the handle but it's definitely below average and that's a million miles away in the grand scheme of things. The most I can find is also a 200lb deep set close on his channel and ive done 205lb paused from about 1.5" lefty and never been anywhere near even thinking about certing with it (nor has my left hand ever been stronger than my right on the Vulcan gripper where theres no skew, always 1 level back). The thing is the 4 is way more pounds than the 2 or the 3 so a mm is a lot more, its very different than on the other grippers, it can take years to get a few mm and of your much more likely to get a 210lb or 215lb monster when you try to cert so its very very very hard to do.

Interesting, Tanner! 

Is it allowed to cert with a left turn gripper?

Why isnt their a #4 yet?

52 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Interesting, Tanner! 

Is it allowed to cert with a left turn gripper?

Why isnt their a #4 yet?

No it isn't. Good question I think they should make all their models with left turn as well. I like them.