150x13 dumbbell row

king crusher

Just now, WestSlope said:

That needs to go into your intro. 😊

I do have that at the start of my IG intro, LMAO.

The Cardinal sin of dumbbell rows, what could really wreck it, is not cheating to lift the most weight, which has gone on forever, but cheating to lift strict. That threatens the fundamental aspect of dumbbell rows. Which is their spontaneity. If dumbbells are lifted strictly, they are no different from movies they’re scripted. 

~The Dude

There's a place for both strict and cheat.  For instance, take the Viet Kong...

Walter Sobchak 

Good lifting KC regardless of bodyweight. Strong. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Good lifting KC regardless of bodyweight. Strong. 

Damn skippy

• Like 1

Thanks all.

Mike is right, using a bit of body English on certain things is just another way to mix it up and all pros etc incorporate them into their training. Hell, look at Ronnie coleman,  dude had the worst form on most everything and no one came close to touching him in his prime.

The ones who truly talk about full range of motion and strict and slow etc are never the most impressive people in any gym I've ever been to.

There is a time and place for strict and slow and there is real benefit to a bit of swing etc. I personally use it all, as I have been at this game for almost 24yrs with no time off really to speak of. Gotta mix it up.

And yeah, the dumbbell is only 48lbs less than I am ha.

There is also truth to what someone else mentioned. Using a really heavy weight makes a slightly lighter(but still heavy) weight seem really light.

I use that a lot when going for higher reps for moderate weight. I'll go really heavy then back way off and it seems like a feather. If i would have grabbed say the 110's after i could have done really slow strict paused reps with it.

Here is the last warm up before the 150 for reps.

Did 140 for just 5 reps but you can see they are slower and more controlled before the close to all out top set. 

Edited by king crusher

16 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Are we going to start discussing Kinney and scientific theory soon?

I promise I won’t talk about duck genitalia this time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1