150x13 dumbbell row

king crusher

Weighed in at 198lbs for these.

Have not touched a db over 130 for literally about a decade. 

Hit 10 with my left before grip started to give. Grip didnt give on right. 

No chalk at all, had a couple more for sure with chalk. Maybe next time.

• Like 5

Keep the DB level makes it much harder.  Do a side camera view next time and you can tell the tilt is very evident. Having said that pretty good. The below pic is a side view of your own DB form- keep it level and hand itilt.jpg.2bdcdfe6dbb8f1830708018f4c2a23f8.jpgn middle for more benefit. Not hating just trying to help ya.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Keep the DB level makes it much harder.  Do a side camera view next time and you can tell the tilt is very evident. Having said that pretty good. The below pic is a side view of your own DB form- keep it level and hand itilt.jpg.2bdcdfe6dbb8f1830708018f4c2a23f8.jpgn middle for more benefit. Not hating just trying to help ya.

I saw that screenshot and thought wait that looks like me lol. Yeah I keep it level until I cant keep it level anymore. If I had chalk on I would have kept it level a lot longer. 

Level or not it still is hitting the lats,  my intended target. Grip is surely my second reason though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah for hitting the lats tilting it may even be a better choice 

Yeah it's a bit more natural to have a but of tilt when bringing it up to the body to really hit the lat. Of course as the grip fails by tilting it so your hand wedges against the db it helps you get more work in. 

I rarely go to this particular gym because its further away but it's the only one with dbs to 150. So maybe I'll bring some chalk in next time. They kinda frown upon chalk at commercial style gyms so ill try for a single set haha

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah for hitting the lats tilting it may even be a better choice 

If you got evidence to support this id like to see it. 

38 minutes ago, KapMan said:

If you got evidence to support this id like to see it. 

Well, it would hit the lats differently.  So better may not be the best word to describe it. Think of the natural plane backwards at that angle and its definitely back at an angle. Because while in that position your back is also not straight,  it has some degree of angle, the same angle the db is typically in when doing a kneeling row on a bench. 

Edited by king crusher

11 hours ago, Hopefully said:

No. And I said it may be, considering it is much easier as have been said. So you can use more weight/do more reps. The lats are still pulling the same weight. For myself my forearm gives out before my lats, so making it easier for them may be beneficial.

Still, I do keep it level. 

👍🏻

Edited by KapMan

Jeebus guys.  It was a nice set of rows.  Perfect, no.  But damn impressive for his bodyweight.   

Btw, I have yet to do a heavy set of 10 with perfect form on any exercise and I've been around the sun almost 52 times.  Doubt I ever will.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Jeebus guys.  It was a nice set of rows.  Perfect, no.  But damn impressive for his bodyweight.   

Btw, I have yet to do a heavy set of 10 with perfect form on any exercise and I've been around the sun almost 52 times.  Doubt I ever will.

Nobody said it wasn’t nice set of rows. I was giving him some tips. Glad you think of body weight, lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Then lower the weight..

14 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Then lower the weight..

OK bro.  

27 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nobody said it wasn’t nice set of rows. I was giving him some tips. Glad you think of body weight, lol

Had to.  That dumbbell weighs almost as much as he does.  Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Had to.  That dumbbell weighs almost as much as he does.  Lol

He is very strong!

• Like 1

Just now, Hopefully said:

There's absolutely no value in doing an exercise very heavy sometimes with a little compromise in form 

Really? Nobody in history has used cheat reps to overload and get stronger?  You find very few form nazis at the elite levels of strongman, powerlifting, arm wrestling, bodybuilding.  Probably because 99% use cheat reps at some point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah Mike, I agree. I wasn't serious. It was a reaction to KapMan. 

Oooooh.  Forgive my rant.  Carry on.  Lol.

Sorry bout dat

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

This thread needs more rowing vids. I need to include one type of row or another in my bench cycle. I'm thinking seal rows ala @Kluv#0 with cmu blocks. Post up some seal rows @king crusher. I dare ya.

I'm super curious to see a vid from @Hopefully too. You seem like you must be a pretty strong dude.

Real strength doesn't start til you hit 50.  FACT!

6 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

According to strength standard elite level in db row for my bodyweight would be a single with 200, I don't think I can do that. 

Then cheat?  Its what all the elite dudes do at some point amirite? Dont doubt yourself..

Edited by KapMan

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

Learn to cheat 200 a little and 170 will be butter strict. 

Thank you Confucius.

I’m gonna meme that. Excellent quote. 

40 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

This thread needs more rowing vids. I need to include one type of row or another in my bench cycle. I'm thinking seal rows ala @Kluv#0 with cmu blocks. Post up some seal rows @king crusher. I dare ya.

I'm super curious to see a vid from @Hopefully too. You seem like you must be a pretty strong dude.

I only Keypinch

• Like 1

Are we going to start discussing Kinney and scientific theory soon?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shoggoth said:

Are we going to start discussing Kinney and scientific theory soon?

Religion first 

• Haha 1