COC #4 creditcardset

Geralt

48 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Is this the best CCS close as of yet in terms of RGC rating? The man is honest too on his rating. @Rick Browne This is very early #4. But it's the aluminum handle CoC #4 single stamped. Started in 1995.The first #4's were produced throughout 1993-1994 and were made of stainless steel handles and double stamp. I have both.

Are the stainless steel handled ones pinned? If so, they were probably made by Tetting. I do not know when Tetting quit making grippers for Ironmind though. I recall Tetting telling me he quit making grippers when he and Ironmind differed on the way they were made. I do not remember if Tetting told me the year. Maybe it was when Ironmind changed from the pinned handles to the glued handles.???  I bought a 4 in '96 and it has aluminum handles

7 hours ago, Chez said:

Jedds is 199 and I have closed it. I have vid closing it. 

Hey I got 2 digits right that's not bad

50 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Haha it has only been two CCS closes of a #4 documented on video. I don't think Nathan Holle have RGC'ed any of his grippers(?)

Yeah.

14 minutes ago, Rick Browne said:

Are the stainless steel handled ones pinned? If so, they were probably made by Tetting. I do not know when Tetting quit making grippers for Ironmind though. I recall Tetting telling me he quit making grippers when he and Ironmind differed on the way they were made. I do not remember if Tetting told me the year. Maybe it was when Ironmind changed from the pinned handles to the glued handles.???  I bought a 4 in '96 and it has aluminum handles

Nope. And no it wasn't by Warren. Warren made the Black handles one and some of the silver crushes but that's it. IronMind started their own set later own. They look like the normal early 2000's double stamp grippers, but way heavier because than it being stainless steel. You can see it here.

16 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Yeah.

Nope. And no it wasn't by Warren. Warren made the Black handles one and some of the silver crushes but that's it. IronMind started their own set later own. They look like the normal early 2000's double stamp grippers, but way heavier because than it being stainless steel. You can see it here.

Good stuff right there...It looks to have the 3 inch inside handle width too... I believe the Gripboard and our critique of Ironminds grippers through topics and posts caused them to reduce the inside handle width to 2 3/4. (My opinion based on what I remember about the topic of handle width) We were fair but hard on gripper critique back in the day :)

8 hours ago, Ivan Tikhonov said:

This #4 Single Stamp 1995 year, 190 lbs RGC. Later i will post a video with this measurement

Oh sorry bud, just you said 85kg in comments on insta, that's 187.3lb

5 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Great Work

18 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Come on guys.  Ironmind grippers don't vary.  Every #4 ever manufatured has the exact same rating.  Jeesh.  ;)

Exactly! They are all 365 lbs. They only vary by maybe an lb or two, similar to an uncalibrated barbell.