COC #4 creditcardset

Geralt

1 hour ago, Griparn said:

Great close! Is he coached by you Paul Savage? By judging of what the instagram post says.

Not even close, David is coached by Savage

3 hours ago, Griparn said:

Great close! Is he coached by you Paul Savage? By judging of what the instagram post says.

Nah, his technique would be different if he was, could do that like butter. Don't know why he # me but some good work, obviously can't see the insert on that one but very strong guy. First I've seen of him.

2 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

That looks to be an original model of the #4 when they were first produced... From the 90s

Yeah he says it's an old one when they used to be easier in the description. Still an 'easy' #4 close is not easy to do haha

Edit - seen in comments its only 187lb rgc so more like a hard #3.5 than an easy #4 really, think that's the lowest rating I've heard of. Still good stuff.

Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

That looks to be an original model of the #4 when they were first produced... From the 90s

They still made that style til 2004 I believe.  Mine is like that and I bought it in 2004 new. Same with my 1,2,3.

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

They still made that style til 2004 I believe.  Mine is like that and I bought it in 2004 new. Same with my 1,2,3.

in 2004 they were double stamped for sure. 

The guy is STRONG!!! 

Come on guys.  Ironmind grippers don't vary.  Every #4 ever manufatured has the exact same rating.  Jeesh.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, king crusher said:

Do your grippers have plain ( no stamping) handle rings? and the somewhat darker more drab aluminum with  a single 4?. Compare the handle bevels too. The ones in the 90s had the narrowest of bevel cuts.  Compare the spring coloration... this gripper has the flat medium gray color  of the 90s grippers. `Oh well, maybe somebody can just ask the guy how old it is 😊 ...One more thing about the 90s grippers ..they had 3 inch inside the handle spread. 

Edited by Rick Browne

5 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Yeah he says it's an old one when they used to be easier in the description. Still an 'easy' #4 close is not easy to do haha

Edit - seen in comments its only 187lb rgc so more like a hard #3.5 than an easy #4 really, think that's the lowest rating I've heard of. Still good stuff.

Yea I thought that was crazy low, I believe Jedd has a 189 and it was one of the lowest most people have seen. 

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Come on guys.  Ironmind grippers don't vary.  Every #4 ever manufatured has the exact same rating.  Jeesh.  ;)

Cmon brah it’s only a 30-40 lb variance 🤔🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

Do your grippers have plain ( no stamping) handle rings? and the somewhat darker more drab aluminum with  a single 4?. Compare the handle bevels too. The ones in the 90s had the narrowest of bevel cuts.  Compare the spring coloration... this gripper has the flat medium gray color  of the 90s grippers. `Oh well, maybe somebody can just ask the guy how old it is 😊 ...One more thing about the 90s grippers ..they had 3 inch inside the handle spread. 

Yeah sorry that is a single stamp. I thought it was a double stamp. Yeah that is a 90's gripper for sure. I had to watch the video again 

4 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Yea I thought that was crazy low, I believe Jedd has a 189 and it was one of the lowest most people have seen. 

Jedds is 199 and I have closed it. I have vid closing it. 

• Like 1

This #4 Single Stamp 1995 year, 190 lbs RGC. Later i will post a video with this measurement

Edited by Ivan Tikhonov
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Chez said:

Jedds is 199 and I have closed it. I have vid closing it. 

Yea, I was pretty sure it was 199.

2 hours ago, Ivan Tikhonov said:

This #4 Single Stamp 1995 year, 190 lbs RGC. Later i will post a video with this measurement

Incredible close!

Is this the best CCS close as of yet in terms of RGC rating? The man is honest too on his rating. @Rick Browne This is very early #4. But it's the aluminum handle CoC #4 single stamped. Started in 1995.The first #4's were produced throughout 1993-1994 and were made of stainless steel handles and double stamp. I have both.

25 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Is this the best CCS close as of yet in terms of RGC rating? The man is honest too on his rating. @Rick Browne This is very early #4. But it's the aluminum handle CoC #4 single stamped. Started in 1995.The first #4's were produced throughout 1993-1994 and were made of stainless steel handles and double stamp. I have both.

Haha it has only been two CCS closes of a #4 documented on video. I don't think Nathan Holle have RGC'ed any of his grippers(?)