Sign in to follow this  
BigRedDoc

Hercules Hold at Giants Live today

BigRedDoc

I don't know how many of you guys are strongman fans, but today is Giants Live Wembley Stadium and the World Deadlift Championship, starting at 1PM EST. Two out of five of the events today will be grip oriented with farmers walk and the Hercules Hold. In April at Europe's Strongest Man, Mark Felix set the record with 1 minute and 22 seconds on the Hercules hold. He will be competing today along with Martins Licis, another athlete with world class grip. There will also be a legends showdown with 3 time World's Strongest Man Bill Kazmaier vs 4 time World's Strongest Man Magnus Ver Magnusson competing in the Hercules Hold. See the promo here:

If anyone is interested there will be a livestream on officialstrongman.com but it requires a subscription (roughly 10 US dollars a month, cancel whenever you want). Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up if you'd  be into that sort of thing.

• Like 2

king crusher

I heard mvm killed it for like 1min 45sec and kaz looked terrible and went like 18sec. Kaz is a bunch older though ain't he? And as the years go on a decade difference is huuuge.

I also heard they did not use as much weight as the young bucks and the handles were in a different spot.

BigRedDoc

They didn't announce that the weight was any different before the event and I was going nuts thinking Magnus just shattered Mark Felix's record. They waited until after to say it was 20kg less per hand for the legends.

Mike Rinderle
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, BigRedDoc said:

They didn't announce that the weight was any different before the event and I was going nuts thinking Magnus just shattered Mark Felix's record. They waited until after to say it was 20kg less per hand for the legends.

Honest to God, after watching that, I think Magnus would have still beat Felix with the extra 20 kg per hand.  If not, I bet he could with a couple months specific training.  He looked crazy strong on those.  He's only 3 years older than Felix.  I think Mark would take him in thick handled events due to hand size, but Magnus has amazing closed hand strength. 

• Like 1