Vbar/anvil horn lift tutorial videos - Help!

JHenze646

Guys, I need your help. Does anybody have links to videos of helpful information regarding anvil, vbar, or any other vertical lifts?

How much help do you think you would need coaching wise for a vbar lift? It’s a straight forward deadlift. There are no secrets of the lift. 

12 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

How much help do you think you would need coaching wise for a vbar lift? It’s a straight forward deadlift. There are no secrets of the 

Very helpful Adam.

You can see Kody's hand position pretty good here.  I couldn't find much from Laine Snook.  Luke would be another good one to check out.

• Like 1

Check out Lucas Raymond 

He won reddits vbar competition with 40lbs over nr 2! 

Edited by Lennix
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Allen Heineck said:

Very helpful Adam

I’ve got 10 years of training videos on the lift on yt for free- he obviously looked hard before asking the interwebz a question 

if someone is claiming there’s a special technique they are wrong. A special grip they are wrong. Grab it and lift it 

365 @200 2” - 248 lbh - there’s nothing special but to grab and lift 

• Like 1

Your right hand appears to grab in a more overhand or even neutral position.   The left more supinated with considerably more rotation.  The lifts also show some off hand positioning, not so much a grab and lift.  Perhaps nothing special, but a few things worth trying. 

Thank you for the great responses guys. This actually has to do with the June Challenge on Reddit that Luke won.(I got 5th😒) I am aware of tons of lifting videos for these events but not a tutorial where someone breaks it down. I wanted to share some knowledge to help.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Thank you for the great responses guys. This actually has to do with the June Challenge on Reddit that Luke won.(I got 5th😒) I am aware of tons of lifting videos for these events but not a tutorial where someone breaks it down. I wanted to share some knowledge to help.

Thanks again.

I like to take a bit of an underhand grip to create some tension and get a little spin.  Other than that, I make sure my thumb is locked in good.  Those are really my only two queues. Other than that, it's pretty much what Adam said.  Squeeze hard and pick it up.  Lol.  I'm no ATG, but have done 291 on 2" and 225 on lbh. 

Vertical lifts seem more about putting the time in and getting the skin accustomed to them than any special technique.  I think remembering to make sure you get a good hold with your thumb is the only universal rule.  Everyone grips it differently.  For instance, Luke takes a neutral grip.

I used to be one of the best on the one inch vbar. When I did repping I just grabbed and lifted it. Pretty sure there a video somewhere on the GB (from 2005-2006) where I repped 330 lb with no 'setting' between reps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Thanks again.

Cheers! I lost second place to a rebuttal :) I watched your video and your holding like I did at the beginning of the month pulling 230. When I put my hand the other way around (palm away from body I pulled alot more) ended up with 282 to lockout. Gl in this month competition! 

• Like 1

I have tutorials on thegripauthority.com of Jug and Little Big Horn.  PM me, @JHenze646.  I'll hook you up.

• Like 1