Oly DB Row(weak hand) 161.3lb x 13

Kluv#0

Working hard on bringing up my left hand in all areas of grip. Try doing this with Oly DB handle with off-hand, no straps, no hook grip, no gloves, knee on bench and weigh plates at end. I could care less what you can do on thicker handle as this is about Oly DB handle:) BWT 226lb. I know Eric R. and Joe can do this with off-hand not sure who else.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Working hard on bringing up my left hand in all areas of grip. Try doing this with Oly DB handle with off-hand, no straps, no hook grip, no gloves, knee on bench and weigh plates at end. I could care less what you can do on thicker handle as this is about Oly DB handle:) BWT 226lb. I know Eric R. and Joe can do this with off-hand not sure who else.

Nice job. This will definitely bring up the off hand. Extra sets of these!!

Thanks Joe!  My pull-up festival has helped on these. 

33 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I'm about 5 reps off I think. Most I've done at that weight is 7 or 8 reps.

That is very good for off-hand. Many get caught up in various implements but I like sledgework, suitcase DL, DB rows, pullups, BWT hangs,etc as the foundation of grip strength.

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is very good for off-hand. Many get caught up in various implements but I like sledgework, suitcase DL, DB rows, pullups, BWT hangs,etc as the foundation of grip strength.

Funny thing is, with grip I don't really have an "off-hand". For this lift however, it's more about back strength for me and in that case my left side is weaker.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Funny thing is, with grip I don't really have an "off-hand". For this lift however, it's more about back strength for me and in that case my left side is weaker.

No off-hand in grip -That is nice quality to have. My left is so far behind my right in every lift except sledge work. Broken it 2x plus many dislocations of finger/thumbs due to youth craziness. On the DB rows, I position the handle middle of fingers which works them just as much as my back, if not more.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No off-hand in grip -That is nice quality to have. My left is so far behind my right in every lift except sledge work. Broken it 2x plus many dislocations of finger/thumbs due to youth craziness. On the DB rows, I position the handle middle of fingers which works them just as much as my back, if not more.

I actually wish I was better with only one hand and really bad with the other. Now I'm mediocre at best with both instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viceversus said:

Impressive. Solid form on those rows.

Thank you, I have always been strong with my right(dominant) but my left is slowly getting respectable on these rows- I still do 2-1 ratio sets to offset. One of the unexpected results of my June pullup challenge, my rows(which I had only worked 2-3 all month and lightly prior 3 months) were stronger.

FAKE. Michael Thomas doesn't have a weak hand.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

FAKE. Michael Thomas doesn't have a weak hand.

Yeah buddy👍 🙏