Plate-loadable Sledghammer Build

Adam Juncker

Dang that is awesome! As always your projects and video are top notch Adam!

This gives me an idea, maybe you considered it, maybe someone else will make one. But what if one of the handles pivoted with the lever. Essentially making a TTK style grip machine but in lever form. It would give you some incentive to squeeze those handles shut when you're levering over your face!

• Like 1

I had not thought of anything like that.  Although I did ponder some ways to get the handles to have a small ROM, I settled on them being fixed.  

On 6/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, Andrew Dube said:

Dang that is awesome! As always your projects and video are top notch Adam!

This gives me an idea, maybe you considered it, maybe someone else will make one. But what if one of the handles pivoted with the lever. Essentially making a TTK style grip machine but in lever form. It would give you some incentive to squeeze those handles shut when you're levering over your face!

Great piece and a fun video. Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

MAN THAT IS NICE

• Thanks 1

Very cool!

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all that checked it out.  It was a genuinely fun build and it is fun to use.  I use a prototype weekly that is made from steel, but the handles are not knurled.  

One thing I did not mention in the video is that the knurled handles are 4" long instead of 3.75" like a gripper.  I made 3 hammers, and I figured someone with large hands might want one, so I made them a little bigger.  

I did not explicitly mention this in the video, but I have 3 of these and only 1 is spoken for at this time.  

• 3 months later...