WAL 504

ChimpGrip

So, we really are going to get Chaffee vs Larratt afterall? 

What does Devon need to do to win this? I know for one he’ll have to be able to stop Chaffee’s initial drive. 

And I do think Michael Todd will take Mask without much trouble. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

So, we really are going to get Chaffee vs Larratt afterall? 

What does Devon need to do to win this? I know for one he’ll have to be able to stop Chaffee’s initial drive. 

And I do think Michael Todd will take Mask without much trouble. 

I agree Todd will own Mask.  3-0.  Mask will hit like a freight train all three times.  Todd will stop it all three times and finish him off easier than he did with Dave.  I'm not sure anybody can beat the Monster right now.  Love it or hate it, that King's move, when done right, is hard to beat.

Devon better have a great gameplan.  I think Dave just has too much horsepower.  If Devon can hold on the first couple rounds and turn it into a war, he could outlast him 3-2, but my money is on Dave 3-0 or 3-1.

8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I agree Todd will own Mask.  3-0.  Mask will hit like a freight train all three times.  Todd will stop it all three times and finish him off easier than he did with Dave.  I'm not sure anybody can beat the Monster right now.  Love it or hate it, that King's move, when done right, is hard to beat.

Devon better have a great gameplan.  I think Dave just has too much horsepower.  If Devon can hold on the first couple rounds and turn it into a war, he could outlast him 3-2, but my money is on Dave 3-0 or 3-1.

I actually think Mask has a slight chance against Todd. I remember one round against Cadorette where Mask actually pressed through Cadorette. So Matt is probably sitting on more pressing strength than people realize. Also, Mask’s hand is stronger than Todd’s, he might be able to climb in the straps enough to be able to pin Todd just like how Devon did against Todd in his supermatch in 2011. However, one major factor is going to be Mask’s endurance. Does he have the strength endurance to not bleed out while he’s climbing Todd’s hand? I think that’ll determine who wins.

I think WAL pads and rules - Todd might be the best in the world.

WAF pads and WAF rules - Todd’s maybe not even top 10. 

Devon vs Chaffee is probably going to play out just like you described. Devon will do what he can to bleed Chaffee.

• Like 1

Todd just posted that he will not be pulling at 504.  Matt will have a different opponent.  No injury.  WAL, just didn't think the matchup was a good one.

He's going against Sylvain Perron now. Hopefully it'll be a good match up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chaffee over Larratt.  Too much horsepower.  Devon would have to bleed him.  King's move maybe?

Mask over Perron.  If Perron can keep it inside, then he could take it.

Blue over Guerra.   Ryan has been on a roll.

Reisek over Kleinsmith

Sheldon over Fisher.  My heart says old guy, but my brain says young guy.

Larrat over Chaffee. It will be close but Larr at will handle Chafees power (Chafee is strong but not Cyplinkov strong)

Person over Mask. Normally I would have this the other way but not sure if Masks personal problems will still be distracting him.

Blue over Guerra. I think Ryan can handle whatever Guerra throws at him strategy wise.

Sheldon over Fisher for the same reasons as Mr. Rinderle.

Don't know enough about the women to take a guess at the outcome.

• Like 1

Ok, I’m going to throw ALOT of wild guesses in my predictions😅.

Allen Fisher vs Jamie Sheldon - Jamie takes it 3-0. I think Allen have finally lost the fight against father time. He’s still amazingly strong. But not strong enough for Sheldon. I think Sheldon takes it, regardless where the match goes. Inside, outside, it won’t matter.

Ryan Bowen vs Alan Guerra - I’ve been a Ryan believer ever since I saw him take Justin Bishops hand in a supermatch last year. Sure he still lost, but just the fact that he was able to put a dent at all meant that he has serious power in his hand. And this year he’s going even stronger. I had him as the favorite to win the bottom 8, which he did. However, this time I think he’s bitten off more than he can chew. I think Alan will be too much for Ryan. Alan takes it 3-0 over poor Ryan (I hope I’m wrong though).

Malin Kleinsmith vs Fia Reisek - Fia is stronger, no doubt. Fia has won every single right hand match they’ve ever pulled. Fia has the experience with WAL-rules. Fia is the favorite for sure. However I think Malin is hungrier than ever. Malin wins 3-2 over Fia. Fia wins every time the match stops and Malin wins with a flash every time she gets the start on Fia.

Sylvain Perron vs Matt Mask - I know nothing about Sylvain. Therefore I think Mask will win😂.

Dave Chaffee vs Devon Larratt - I’m starting to think Chaffee is overrated. Sure, he won against Trubin. But then again, Trubin seems to struggle with everyone these days so maybe he was overrated aswell? I think Larratt wins 3-1. Chaffee wins the first round. Larratt wins every following round.

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Dave Chaffee vs Devon Larratt - I’m starting to think Chaffee is overrated. Sure, he won against Trubin. But then again, Trubin seems to struggle with everyone these days so maybe he was overrated aswell? I think Larratt wins 3-1. Chaffee wins the first round. Larratt wins every following round.

I agree, I think Dave wins match number one simply due to his initial hit and greater power. Devon will bleed him in the next three rounds. Higher table IQ goes to Devon. The only gottcha might be that Devon''s defense does not seem to be as strong catching those first hits anymore. In his WAL 505 predictions video Devon admits that he was fresh when he lost to Danny Tesch in Australia. Danny is much smaller than Devon...they just eased into the match and Danny seemed stronger. That being said, Devon looked better against Michael Todd than Dave did. Should be a fun one!

13 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I agree, I think Dave wins match number one simply due to his initial hit and greater power. Devon will bleed him in the next three rounds. Higher table IQ goes to Devon. The only gottcha might be that Devon''s defense does not seem to be as strong catching those first hits anymore. In his WAL 505 predictions video Devon admits that he was fresh when he lost to Danny Tesch in Australia. Danny is much smaller than Devon...they just eased into the match and Danny seemed stronger. That being said, Devon looked better against Michael Todd than Dave did. Should be a fun one!

Yeah, Devon seems to have lost his defensive ”lock” since the surgery. His arm seems to have more give in it. Maybe the elbow isn’t as structurally sound anymore?

I’m bot sure I believe Devin when he says that. Fresh against fresh, Danny Tesch shouldn’t be a problem for Devon. Not in a serious match at least.

Sheldon beat Fisher 3-0

Blue beat Guerra 3-1

Kleinsmith neat Reisek 3-0

Mask beat Perron 3-0

Devin beat Chaffee via Kings Move War 3-1  (weird match)  The last two with the double King's moves was not for purists.

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Sheldon beat Fisher 3-0

Blue beat Guerra 3-1

Kleinsmith neat Reisek 3-0

Mask beat Perron 3-0

Devin beat Chaffee via Kings Move War 3-1  (weird match)  The last two with the double King's moves was not for purists.

Devon will be tough to beat with both 270 bw and the King’s Move in his pocket.

26 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Devon will be tough to beat with both 270 bw and the King’s Move in his pocket.

He's definitely not as strong as he was in his prime when he weighed less, but that KM seems to be the great equalizer.

Him vs. Todd for the hammer later this year could be a match where nobody sees the top of the table.  Might last an hour with nobody actually getting a pin.  He who fouls out of three rounds first loses.  Just not arm wrestling and not very fun to watch.

• Like 1

I don’t really know anything about arm wrasslin’ but I like watching it, except for the kings move. 

• Like 1

This is not armwrestling any more...... this is mas wrestlimg....  

Sorry this is rubbish....

• Like 3

Now that 2 of WALs biggest draws are defaulting to the kings move it's not going away any time soon. The only way they would do anything to ban it is if they start losing money/audience.

Blue moderating Devon and Michael Todd discussing the king's move and WAL.  

Just watched the 'Clearing the air' video. Basically Devon says you have a bias or prejudice if you don't like the King's Move and Todd says I ' Deserve to use the Kings Move' for all I have put my body through. Still doesn't change my mind about it, but interesting to hear them try and 'rationalize' it. I guess the bottom line is that it is legal and we either need to live with it or not pay to see it (ie when Larrat or Todd are on a WAL card don't pay to watch).

• Like 2

I think two changes would solve it.  Move the pad away from the back of the table by 1.5" and strictly call elbow fouls and shoulder going below table.

Solved.  You could still do the King's move but it would be in a more traditional armwrestling position.  Nobody hanging out under the table playing tug of war with a straight arm.  It would also be less effective, so fewer people would use it.

People keep calling for rule changes but don't understand that every change has unforseen consequences, that's how we got here in the first place. Table design is the only factor to tweak because whatever made up rule you want to make for kings move will be impossible to judge accurately or lead to another abuse of a rule. Just because "you know it when you see it" doesnt mean you can strictly define a situation. If you can't have a strict definition then you can't have a good rule set. 

18 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

People keep calling for rule changes but don't understand that every change has unforseen consequences, that's how we got here in the first place. Table design is the only factor to tweak because whatever made up rule you want to make for kings move will be impossible to judge accurately or lead to another abuse of a rule. Just because "you know it when you see it" doesnt mean you can strictly define a situation. If you can't have a strict definition then you can't have a good rule set. 

No rule change needed.  Just strictly call the rules now.  It's a foul if your elbow comes off the pad and it's a foul if your shoulder goes below table.  No warning.  Foul.

Move the pad in 1.5" would be the only change.

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

No rule change needed.  Just strictly call the rules now.  It's a foul if your elbow comes off the pad and it's a foul if your shoulder goes below table.  No warning.  Foul.

Move the pad in 1.5" would be the only change.

Totally agreed, tho the exact pad movements are up for debate they should definitely be changed in some way.