Sledge feat - 8lb front 12lb side same time

Kluv#0

Front sledge is 8lb stamped (9.4) 30 1/2" handle and side is 12lb stamped(13.4) 32 5/8" handle length only.

• Like 2

Stamped weight is always going to be less than the full weight with the handle. The main concern is the stamped weight. I never thought about weighing the whole hammer until I saw you doing it. Also, I just recently found out from Dennis Rogers, that handle length includes the entire handle . Slim the hammer mans handle length was 31 inches including the handle through the head. I always thought it was from the exposed handle only. So, your handles are closer to 35-36 inches according to the way Slim measured for his feats. Don’t know if that makes it word or gospel, as there appears to be no standards written. Nice job 👍

32 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Stamped weight is always going to be less than the full weight with the handle. The main concern is the stamped weight. I never thought about weighing the whole hammer until I saw you doing it. Also, I just recently found out from Dennis Rogers, that handle length includes the entire handle . Slim the hammer mans handle length was 31 inches including the handle through the head. I always thought it was from the exposed handle only. So, your handles are closer to 35-36 inches according to the way Slim measured for his feats. Don’t know if that makes it word or gospel, as there appears to be no standards written. Nice job 👍

Thanks Joe, I usually don't weigh the sledges unless I put my lift(s) out on front street. Yeah, measuring the entire sledge for total length is a "horse of a different color" - Iam sure you would demolish 31 inch handles for feats. I got the side sledge idea from you as I know you have done 16lb stamped before, snap city for 99.9%. I always maintain sledgehammers play no favorites other than the mentally toughest!

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Joe, I usually don't weigh the sledges unless I put my lift(s) out on front street. Yeah, measuring the entire sledge for total length is a "horse of a different color" - Iam sure you would demolish 31 inch handles for feats. I got the side sledge idea from you as I know you have done 16lb stamped before, snap city for 99.9%. I always maintain sledgehammers play no favorites other than the mentally toughest!

Yea man... for sure!

7 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Front sledge is 8lb stamped (9.4) 30 1/2" handle and side is 12lb stamped(13.4) 32 5/8" handle length only.

As someone who hasnt trained sledges but has had their fair share of swinging a couple this really is an awesome display of wrist/hand strength. Even messing around choking a 12 from 18 inches out will crumble most wrists. Real cool. 

• Thanks 1