Coc #4 CCS attempt & #3 reps

Paul Savage

Had a few people asking me where I'm at on the #4 CCS these days but truth is I haven't (hadn't now) done grippers in forever, had too much else on but I guess this is where I'm at. Not the best attempt, didn't have it in the right place but again it's been a while. #3 reps went a bit better.

• Like 11

Really an amazing effort. Great technique with a lot of horsepower. 

18 hours ago, Viceversus said:

Really an amazing effort. Great technique with a lot of horsepower. 

Thank you but technique wasn't the best. Went better on #3 but I'm out of practice at the moment.

10 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Thank you but technique wasn't the best. Went better on #3 but I'm out of practice at the moment.

You definetly put on a great performance. Looks like you can get back to near peak within a reletively short period which is a great sign if you want to have another go. If anything you can have a good time climbing the MM ladder. You of course have nothing to prove but it would be cool to see your name amongst the top of some of these lists because its well deserved and  your a monster at crushing grippers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viceversus said:

You definetly put on a great performance. Looks like you can get back to near peak within a reletively short period which is a great sign if you want to have another go. If anything you can have a good time climbing the MM ladder. You of course have nothing to prove but it would be cool to see your name amongst the top of some of these lists because its well deserved and  your a monster at crushing grippers.

Thanks, yeah I've been doing a lot of grip intensive manual labour, and also a fair bit of double overhand deadlifts in the gym so it makes sense to have a good starting point back. Just feel a bit weak in the sweep which is probably due to tendon damage in the arms (have tennis elbow in both arms due to the manual labour), I need to start icing them regularly.

I don't have any interest in the mash monster certs personally but will try and see if I can put a plan together for another crack at the #4 CCS. I'm a bit limited on what I can do with the tendon issues though.

• Like 1

Very strong stuff, Paul!

Great attempt, Paul.  Only a matter of time.👍

On 6/28/2019 at 8:51 PM, Balal said:

Great attempt, Paul.  Only a matter of time.👍

Thanks, I've done a lot better but yeah I've been thinking it's only a matter of time for like 10 years now or something silly haha it's definitely close to the genetic limit for me.

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

Thanks, I've done a lot better but yeah I've been thinking it's only a matter of time for like 10 years now or something silly haha it's definitely close to the genetic limit for me.

Add in 60 rep squats every day for a year.  That'll get you there for sure.

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Add in 60 rep squats every day for a year.  That'll get you there for sure.

Hahaha maybe add in some super heavy wrist rolls and 50 extreme grip machine negatives a night until my palms turn completely black and my tendons snap too?? :)

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Hahaha maybe add in some super heavy wrist rolls and 50 extreme grip machine negatives a night until my palms turn completely black and my tendons snap too?? :)

Hey, it can't hurt!  😂😂😂