How many total can close the #3?

Shal9097

23 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Paul Knight’s “How to set a gripper” on YouTube would be a great start💪 

True, still the best gripper video on the internet in my opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I can assure you that those numbers are way too high.

If you take the strongest power lifters in the world, not even all of them could close the #3 (without any specific training). That's how hard it is. You really need to have freak genetics or you have to train your hands in some form, either with gym training or manual labor in order to have a chance at the #3.

100,000 men (out of a billion in prime age) is one in 10,000.  You don't think that one in 10,000 men in their prime can close an average 3 from MMS the first time they pick it up if we made all 1 billion try it?  I do.  I think it is probably more.  And for TNS 100 to 1000 would mean about one in a million to one in ten million.  I think my numbers are conservative actually.  I'd love for an MMS 3 close to be rarer because I've done it, and it IS hard, but not THAT hard.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

100,000 men (out of a billion in prime age) is one in 10,000.  You don't think that one in 10,000 men in their prime can close an average 3 from MMS the first time they pick it up if we made all 1 billion try it?  I do.  I think it is probably more.  And for TNS 100 to 1000 would mean about one in a million to one in ten million.  I think my numbers are conservative actually.  I'd love for an MMS 3 close to be rarer because I've done it, and it IS hard, but not THAT hard.

And hey, if it's less, cool.  But a one in a million shot at TNS and one in 10,000 at MMS seems reasonable to me -- put another way, would you be willing to bet $100 that if you lined up a random group of 10,000 men from age 20 to 55, not ONE of them could MMS a 3?  I would bet $100 that at least one would succeed.  And if you lined up a million, I'd bet that one would TNS it.  Happy to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Trust me, they are way lower. How long did it take you to close the #3? We're not talking about potential here. If we were, then I agree, then it would be millions even. Most people are not strong at all these days and most people don't train or even have a hard work where they work with their hands.

Find it humorous that many think it would be a small amount. 

So you are telling me out of approximately 3,776,294,273 males globally  that only 1-2k would crush a 3? Ludicrous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

And hey, if it's less, cool.  But a one in a million shot at TNS and one in 10,000 at MMS seems reasonable to me -- put another way, would you be willing to bet $100 that if you lined up a random group of 10,000 men from age 20 to 55, not ONE of them could MMS a 3?  I would bet $100 that at least one would succeed.  And if you lined up a million, I'd bet that one would TNS it.  Happy to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

If we lined up one million trained men, many would probably do it. If we lined up one million not trained people, which most are I don't think anyone would TNS a #3.

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

If we lined up one million trained men, many would probably do it. If we lined up one million not trained people, which most are I don't think anyone would TNS a #3.

How myopic of you. 

Just now, KapMan said:

Find it humorous that many think it would be a small amount. 

So you are telling me out of approximately 3,776,294,273 males globally  that only 1-2k would crush a 3? Ludicrous. 

All of those are not young men in their best years dude. There's children and old people as well.

And yes, based on the data we have here in the gripworl, where we don't even see TNS #3 that often (by different people) I would say nobody that doesn't workout in any way would have a chance. Maybe one in a million, perhaps not even that.

2 minutes ago, KapMan said:

How myopic of you. 

And how many reps are you doing TNS with the #3. You seem to know a lot about it. 

No that's what I thought, not even people who train grip can do it. Rarely wee see people post TNS closes with the #3 and when we do it's usually done by the same people. 

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

And how many reps are you doing TNS with the #3. You seem to know a lot a,bout it. 

No that's what I thought, not even people who train grip can do it. Rarely wee see people post TNS closes with the #3 and when we do it's usually done by the same people. 

Joe sullivan does tns with a three regularly. Ive done it 1 time. You act it its an impossibility, stop thinking small. Its not impossible. Most dont give a shit about tns thats why you dont see it often. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

All of those are not young men in their best years dude. There's children and old people as well.

And yes, based on the data we have here in the gripworl, where we don't even see TNS #3 that often (by different people) I would say nobody that doesn't workout in any way would have a chance. Maybe one in a million, perhaps not even that.

Of course not. Why does a man, have to be in some sort of physical prime to close a damn gripper? I dont get it. Explain. 

1 minute ago, KapMan said:

Joe sullivan does tns with a three regularly. Ive done it 1 time. You act it its an impossibility, stop thinking small. Its not impossible. Most dont give a shit about tns thats why you dont see it often. 

I have never said it's impossible, read again. I said I don't think anybody that is completely untrained will do it. Or not even one in a million, maybe one in 10 million(?).

I think it's funny that you thin hundreds of thousands would do it when I 500 lbs+ powerlifter (with DO grip) can't even do it consistantly.

1 minute ago, KapMan said:

Of course not. Why does a man, have to be in some sort of physical prime to close a damn gripper? I dont get it. Explain. 

You're ,really funny now. So how many 75-80 year old, or 5 year olds have you seen TNS a #3? Stop trolling please.

Well, one in a million to one in ten million men in their prime TNS closing a 3 with or without training would mean that about 100 to 1000 men worldwide can do it.  SO maybe we are not really disagreeing, but just viewing it from different perspectives.  Anyway, granted, TNS closing a 3 is hard.  Even one in a million is a pretty rare event.

I don't think anyone is trolling though.  This is an honest difference of estimation is all.  We all know it is hard.

Wish I could TNS a 3!  lol.  I've TNS'd a hard 2.5 and proud enough of that!

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Well, one in a million to one in ten million men in their prime TNS closing a 3 with or without training would mean that about 100 to 1000 men worldwide can do it.  SO maybe we are not really disagreeing, but just viewing it from different perspectives.  Anyway, granted, TNS closing a 3 is hard.  Even one in a million is a pretty rare event.

Maybe so. I don't think it's that rare tho because most people are not strong. As I said, if we're talking about trained individuals, then the number would be higher. I still don't think it would be as high as you think. It's much harder than most think.

Quite often people pass by this forum, they are going to cert the #3 or close the #4. Most of them pass and we don't see them again and there's a good reason for that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wish I could TNS a 3!  lol.  I've TNS'd a hard 2.5 and proud enough of that!

You should be because it's very good to be able to TNS a hard #2.5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

You're ,really funny now. So how many 75-80 year old, or 5 year olds have you seen TNS a #3? Stop trolling please.

No one is trolling. You are acting like a #3 gripper requires peak physical and mental conditioning like some special forces operator. That out of millions of men 100 can close it. And 1 out of100 can tns. In a game of millions those are small numbers. But you do you bro. 

Everyday I hop on the internet and watch folk with little to no training in grip walk up and do shit that guys like jedd took years to master. I find it unlikely that grippers are any different.

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I have never said it's impossible, read again. I said I don't think anybody that is completely untrained will do it. Or not even one in a million, maybe one in 10 million(?).

I think it's funny that you thin hundreds of thousands would do it when I 500 lbs+ powerlifter (with DO grip) can't even do it consistantly.

What does DO deadlifting have to do with grippers? I lift well DOH too and fail to see how that movement translates to a better gripper crush. 

32 minutes ago, KapMan said:

No one is trolling. You are acting like a #3 gripper requires peak physical and mental conditioning like some special forces operator. That out of millions of men 100 can close it. And 1 out of100 can tns. In a game of millions those are small numbers. But you do you bro. 

Everyday I hop on the internet and watch folk with little to no training in grip walk up and do shit that guys like jedd took years to master. I find it unlikely that grippers are any different.

What does DO deadlifting have to do with grippers? I lift well DOH too and fail to see how that movement translates to a better gripper crush. 

I'm telling you that, while there's around 3.5 billion males on earth, not all of them can be taken into consideration because of their age. How is that difficult to understand?

DOHDL has a lot to do with grip strength. If you're strong in that exercise you will normally have much better success with grippers on your first try, than someone who does not lift DOH at all.

22 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I'm telling you that, while there's around 3.5 billion males on earth, not all of them can be taken into consideration because of their age. How is that difficult to understand?

DOHDL has a lot to do with grip strength. If you're strong in that exercise you will normally have much better success with grippers on your first try, than someone who does not lift DOH at all.

No one said ALL 3 billion of them. Damn. But your numbers are comically small. And you don't need to be in some sort of physical prime. Again, you do you, Mr 500 DL but cant tns consistently so let me project that weakness on everyone else.  Theres enough proof on this board and elsewhere that shows you dont need to be WSM or someone with 40 years of gym experience  to close a 3 or lift an inch. 

Im not buying what you are selling.  

Before I get moderated again, I’m dipping out. 

54 minutes ago, KapMan said:

No one said ALL 3 billion of them. Damn. But your numbers are comically small. And you don't need to be in some sort of physical prime. Again, you do you, Mr 500 DL but cant tns consistently so let me project that weakness on everyone else.  Theres enough proof on this board and elsewhere that shows you dont need to be WSM or someone with 40 years of gym experience  to close a 3 or lift an inch. 

Im not buying what you are selling.  

Before I get moderated again, I’m dipping out. 

Yes dip out man but don't call people narrow minded in that case.

You simply don't want to look at facts. Numbers mean nothing. With that reasoning, China and India would be best at exactly everything. And guess what, they're not.

At the very least, everyone can agree that if you can close a #3, your crush is stronger than 99% or more of the population 

21 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

At the very least, everyone can agree that if you can close a #3, your crush is stronger than 99% or more of the population 

Lol yes, way stronger. 1% is a large number when we're talking about large numbers of people like there is on the planet. If you can close the #2 then you probably already have a stronger crush grip than 1% of the population.

There's many different challenges that not many people can ever achieve, not even if they try. I would say that there's definitely millions of people who could potentially close the #3 gripper, if everyone was trying to do so. Because it's not a super technical thing like doing a 9-dart finish or doing a maximum break in Snooker, or doing 10 strikes in a row in Bowling etc.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes dip out man but don't call people narrow minded in that case.

You simply don't want to look at facts. Numbers mean nothing. With that reasoning, China and India would be best at exactly everything. And guess what, they're not.

Ill take your bait.

Numbers mean nothing? This whole post is a hypothetical question looking for numbers. Maybe you need to reread the OP. Because what I read was how many in the world can close the #3. Not china, not Russia, not India. THE WORLD. There is roughly over 3.5 billion MALES on the planet. There we can probably break that down further into separate age brackets but that could take all day.  You assume that millions of people are weak as shit with their hands or just in general, also illogical.

Theres enough anecdotal evidence as well as video proof that more and more people that didnt even know gripsport was a thing roll up and hit a elite feat. Guys who simply work, not exercise. Lifting inches, blobs, and crushing grippers. Thats not taking into account the millions of men and women possibly moving huge weights unseen. But think small. Because out of 7 billion people, only a few hundred can possibly do something worth a damn.

I can’t for the life of me comprehend how out of MILLIONS of people you believe only a few hundred can crush a 3. Thats like saying out of a million military aged males only a few hundred can do a few pullups. Grippers are one the most accessible grip implements and most likely the first thing people touch. Theres a huge chance that out of those Millions a good portion of those are already familiar with the grippers, used them or plan on using them.