How many total can close the #3?

Shal9097

Just wondering some rough estimates on how many people in the world can close the IronMind #3 at any given time. Not number of people that have closed it, but number that can close it right now 

Edited by Shal9097

Worldwide, If the close had to happen today.. I will guesstimate based on 150 rated COC #3-  MMS 2,000 Total , 20 MM 1,500 Total ,  CCS 50-100  There are many strong dudes that don't want any social interactions but can put on a show.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Worldwide, If the close had to happen today.. I will guesstimate based on 150 rated COC #3-  MMS 2,000 Total , 20 MM 1,500 Total ,  CCS 50-100  There are many strong dudes that don't want any social interactions but can put on a show.  

Interesting numbers, what do you get these from? :D

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Well while we wait for him to respond, what’s your estimate?

7 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

Well while we wait for him to respond, what’s your estimate?

Don't have an estimate. Personally I feel we are left in the dark, we live in a little bubble (the grip community) and I think there's lots of people out there who can close the #3. Way more than we might think.

• Like 1

Thousands for sure. 

• Like 1

Hundreds right now, I would say close to 10,000 if the attempt was proceeded by a 5 minute lesson on setting technique from any of the expert gripsters. 

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just a guesstimate:)

Out of 69 billion people?

at least 10350000000

Edited by KapMan

Conservatively...more than the total number of 3.5 closers, but less than the total number of 2.5 closers....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

Just wondering some rough estimates on how many people in the world can close the IronMind #3 at any given time. Not number of people that have closed it, but number that can close it right now 

• Like 1

My guess is like @Kluv#0 almost. I say maybe 2000 worldwide. My friend Sam is very strong dude who works as scaffolder and hits the gym. Dude could lift the inch for reps, each hand on his first try. Reps the blob and lift two FAT 45's the first time. Can rep the apollon axle and yes closed a #3 after showing him. Dude got 100+ KG on the baseline dyno first time too. So my assumption is around 2000 people are like him worldwide based on how many people I see like him. 

• Like 3

MMS/Deep set: 5000
20 mm block: 3333
CCS: 100+
TNS: 50-100
RCS: 0

There's over 7 billion people on the planet of which around half are males. Even if you exclude people who live in poverty and are in starvation, there's still billions of people left, at least over a billion grown men in their strongest years, so these numbers are very small indeed. You need to train to achieve it, very few people can do it without any training. I only know one guy that could potentially do it if I would give him instructions on how to set the gripper and he's naturally strong. He lifts heavy objects at his work.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

MMS/Deep set: 5000
20 mm block: 3333
CCS: 100+
TNS: 50-100
RCS: 0

There's over 7 billion people on the planet of which around half are males. Even if you exclude people who live in poverty and are in starvation, there's still billions of people left, at least over a billion grown men in their strongest years, so these numbers are very small indeed. You need to train to achieve it, very few people can do it without any training. I only know one guy that could potentially do it if I would give him instructions on how to set the gripper and he's naturally strong. He lifts heavy objects at his work.

Feels great to be 1 out of the 50 to 100 estimate for TNS of the number 3. I’ll take it! 👌

16 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Feels great to be 1 out of the 50 to 100 estimate for TNS of the number 3. I’ll take it! 👌

Congrats :D

It might be even less at the level you're at, since you're able to do that to any #3.

5 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Congrats :D

It might be even less at the level you're at, since you're able to do that to any #3.

Thanks, Dude! 

I agree that there are far less who can TNS than who can MMS a 3 -- of course -- but I think it is hard to answer this question because it is not a feat everyone tries to do.  I'm just a random small guy who is sort of strong for his size and tried real hard for a year or so and I can MMS a 3.  Look at how many MM0s we have on the grip board (Wannagrip can tell us the exact number if he wants, but it is probably a couple hundred).  It's like every third or fourth guy.  Not everyone even on the grip board is gunning to do that, so it probably could be a lot more if everyone wanted it.  So is the question how many people could (MMS, CCS, TNS) a 3 right now if put on the spot?  Or just how many are capable?

MY COMPLETELY UNINFORMED ESTIMATES, given as ranges:

Right now:

MMS: 100,000-1,000,000; CCS: 1,000-10,000; TNS: 100-1000

Could potentially with training:

MMS: 1,000,000-10,000,000; CCS: 100,000-1,000,000; TNS: 10,000-100,000

IN other words, of the approximately 1 billion adult males in their prime, those are my best guesses as to (on top) how many could do MMS/CCS/TNS right this second if asked, and on bottom, how many are capable of each feat if everyone made it a prime goal.  Of course everyone won't do that, so the top estimate is the more practical one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I agree that there are far less who can TNS than who can MMS a 3 -- of course -- but I think it is hard to answer this question because it is not a feat everyone tries to do.  I'm just a random small guy who is sort of strong for his size and tried real hard for a year or so and I can MMS a 3.  Look at how many MM0s we have on the grip board (Wannagrip can tell us the exact number if he wants, but it is probably a couple hundred).  It's like every third or fourth guy.  Not everyone even on the grip board is gunning to do that, so it probably could be a lot more if everyone wanted it.  So is the question how many people could (MMS, CCS, TNS) a 3 right now if put on the spot?  Or just how many are capable?

Right now:

IN other words, of the approximately 1 billion adult males in their prime, those are my best guesses as to (on top) how many could do MMS/CCS/TNS right this second if asked, and on bottom, how many are capable of each feat if everyone made it a prime goal.  Of course everyone won't do that, so the top estimate is the more practical one.

I can assure you that those numbers are way too high.

If you take the strongest power lifters in the world, not even all of them could close the #3 (without any specific training). That's how hard it is. You really need to have freak genetics or you have to train your hands in some form, either with gym training or manual labor in order to have a chance at the #3.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Right now:

That’s just the thing, Vin! If one is not trying to do a feat, that significantly lowers those that can do it. Just like a 500 pound bench press. How about an inch lift? Or a strict 20 pound sledge?  Are there many that potentially can? Sure! But they must train for it. Most won’t because it is hard or not as glamorous as a six pack to the general public. That’s what makes this stuff great!

For some reason, people (most) do not train to full close a gripper...  yet the general public would expect you to full close a gripper if you present them with one. I can tell you that every layman that sees these gripper closes with the pre close “set” automatically says CHEATER.!!! This is because they really don’t know.... but the same people that can close it with a set, cannot without that set... so, to the general public it appears as a cheat code. This is the method behind why I originally and continue to close grippers in the full close no set or TNS style. I do not  care if it makes me close less in a competition just because I choose  not pre set bigger grippers. In my eyes, if I can’t pick it up and smash it with one hand, then I cannot close that gripper, but that’s just me. There is nothing more satisfying than taking big grippers in front of the layman or otherwise and smashing them shut in this fashion. But, to each their own. We will probably never see the potential of who can and can’t do this because 99.9% of people who will always use a set. 

I've seen people who can deadlift close to 300 kg but they can barely close COC#2 with a set (not really a good set but nevertheless a set) and the guy I know that I mentioned could smash it with a loud click with no set, having never tried a gripper before. So it totally depends on genetics and how you use your hands in your daily life.

By the way this thread is not about potential it's about how many can do it right now, trained or untrained.

15 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I've seen people who can deadlift close to 300 kg but they can barely close COC#2 with a set (not really a good set but nevertheless a set) and the guy I know that I mentioned could smash it with a loud click with no set, having never tried a gripper before. So it totally depends on genetics and how you use your hands in your daily life.

By the way this thread is not about potential it's about how many can do it right now, trained or untrained.

Exactly 

44 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I've seen people who can deadlift 345 KG mixed grip no straps BS and can't close a #2.

Ok, I'll say between 7,000 to 15,000 worldwide (if they were all given a 10 minute lesson from Jedd or Lucas). This is just based on the billionish adult males in their prime info. Likeliest candidates in the U.S. (to me) would be college and professional football linemen and hardcore powerlifters.

1 hour ago, Blackjaw said:

Ok, I'll say between 7,000 to 15,000 worldwide (if they were all given a 10 minute lesson from Jedd or Lucas). This is just based on the billionish adult males in their prime info. Likeliest candidates in the U.S. (to me) would be college and professional football linemen and hardcore powerlifters.

Paul Knight’s “How to set a gripper” on YouTube would be a great start, too💪 

Edited by Kluv#0
added a word
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

I've seen people who can deadlift 345 KG mixed grip no straps BS and can't close a #2.

Doesn't surprise me. I think you need to have a very good DL with DO in order to have the strength to close even a #2 with no training. I saw a video with Cailer Woolam just recently where he pulled some heavy weights DO and he could not close the #3. I don't know if he tried directly after he did the DO lifting or not but still, I think it says a lot of how difficult grippers are.