20+ deep set reps with GHP 9 by Qianchen Yang

Anemptybox

9 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

It is only one example, but this guy makes one question the popular opinion that training the body overall would speed up grip strength progression. Although of course it could be that he'd be even stronger if he did. 

In my experience I think the less overall lifting you do, the better it is for strength on grippers at least. 

I agree with this. CNS needs to be fresh for grippers. However I do think people that are strong overall has a higher potential in everything grip related.

14 hours ago, Hopefully said:

It is only one example, but this guy makes one question the popular opinion that training the body overall would speed up grip strength progression. Although of course it could be that he'd be even stronger if he did. 

In my experience I think the less overall lifting you do, the better it is for strength on grippers at least. 

I'm not sure about the overall body training speeding up grip strength, but I don't feel comfortable using this guy to prove anything.  He is so far above what one would normally expect I'd barely call him human.  Guy is like 18 and already has a CCS of a GHP 8 and almost has a block set of a GHP 9.  It is admittedly a lighter 9 but still absolutely freakish level of strength.  Wonder if and when he'll be able to cert on the 4.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, Anemptybox said:

The end sounds like.....something other than grippers is going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

He is much stronger than me, and I agree, he is extremely strong. But he has trained for like 6-7 years now exclusively on grippers, mainly using deeper sets and managed to stay injury free. I don't think his level is that crazy to be honest, those click reps he does, although very impressive, isn't that hard to do once you get the hang of it. Especially with those super deep sets. If he started his sets from mms width and then attempted to do click reps he wouldn’t do nearly as many. 

With that said I will probably never accomplish anything close to what he does. 

It isn't just the click reps.  He has a CCS on a GHP 8 and is pretty close to a MMS on the GHP 9.  Also yeah 6-7 years of training is a long time but given his age most people would not be able to obtain that level of strength.  If he was in his mid to late 20s and had been training 6-7 years and had these feats they'd be pretty good but nothing to swoon over.  Being 18 and having these levels of feats is astronomical.  I mean physical age is a factor which is a reason there are so few people who manage to certify on CoC as teens.

This may have already been answered in another thread.  Has this kid done any of the IM certs?

On 8/26/2019 at 3:44 PM, Twirdman said:

It isn't just the click reps.  He has a CCS on a GHP 8 and is pretty close to a MMS on the GHP 9.  Also yeah 6-7 years of training is a long time but given his age most people would not be able to obtain that level of strength.  If he was in his mid to late 20s and had been training 6-7 years and had these feats they'd be pretty good but nothing to swoon over.  Being 18 and having these levels of feats is astronomical.  I mean physical age is a factor which is a reason there are so few people who manage to certify on CoC as teens.

This needed to be said.

13 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This may have already been answered in another thread.  Has this kid done any of the IM certs?

If not then a #3 will be a walk in a park. Heck even a #3.5. I wonder if he hasn't already why didn't he. @Joseph Sullivan Do you know if he did?

5 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

This needed to be said.

If not then a #3 will be a walk in a park. Heck even a #3.5. I wonder if he hasn't already why didn't he. @Joseph Sullivan Do you know if he did?

I have never heard of him and no I don’t think he has... but you and I both know that really thin guys from a certain part of the globe seem to have a propensity for being  hand gripper MONSTERS, almost a “genetic propensity”...... ☺️

38 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I have never heard of him and no I don’t think he has... but you and I both know that really thin guys from a certain part of the globe seem to have a propensity for being  hand gripper MONSTERS, almost a “genetic propensity”...... ☺️

Yep.

22 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

He hasn't certed with IM and afaik he can't ccs a gripper around 185-190 therefore he hasn't done it yet. He answeres that question in Korean in one of his videos. 

What about a #3?

20 hours ago, Hopefully said:

He hasn't certed with IM and afaik he can't ccs a gripper around 185-190 therefore he hasn't done it yet. He answeres that question in Korean in one of his videos. 

My Korean is rusty. 

• Haha 1