20+ deep set reps with GHP 9 by Qianchen Yang

Anemptybox

Dude is very strong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Dude is very strong.

Indeed he is, that's an understatement :D

This is one of the most impressive feats of crush grip strength I’ve ever seen. Absolutely phenomenal.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2019 at 9:42 PM, Balal said:

This is one of the most impressive feats of crush grip strength I’ve ever seen. Absolutely phenomenal.

I agree, phenomenal strength. It doesn't seem to impress the gripboard much tho. Only 5 likes for the post, but that how it is. I bet it would get more love if he lifted the blob or some obscure block weight :D

On 6/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, Balal said:

Agree. He makes it look so easy you'd swear the gripper was fake!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Agree. He makes it look so easy you'd swear the gripper was fake!

Simply the fact that his skin can tolerate holding that gripper for so long is amazing. It really must hurt. Even Magnus Samuelsson once said he thinks closing #4's hurts :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Simply the fact that his skin can tolerate holding that gripper for so long is amazing. It really must hurt. Even Magnus Samuelsson once said he thinks closing #4's hurts :D

Magnus is 6’6” and 300 pounds. This guy looks tiny and is crushing that thing!

Edited by Shal9097
  • Like 1

Absolutely amazing. Id like to see him do a regular set with only the off hand and see how he handles these massive grippers with a 1.5-2 inch set. Looks good for 190-200 rgc. An anomaly nevertheless.

Edited by Viceversus

7 minutes ago, Viceversus said:

Absolutely amazing. Id like to see him do a regular set with only the off hand and see how he handles these massive grippers with a 1.5-2 inch set. Looks good for 190-200 rgc. An anomaly nevertheless.

He has done the ghp 8 for 5 reps which is the highest on an 8 in the GHP challenge 

• Like 1

Wtf! Well that finishes off the discussion whether or not being big helps for grip strength once and for all...😎

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, Fist of Fury said:

For sure.  

8 hours ago, db2000 said:

He has done the ghp 8 for 5 reps which is the highest on an 8 in the GHP challenge 

Tolstyh close 5 reps, Ushenko close 7 reps. Officially. But this benchmark remove, because closes 9 Level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, Fist of Fury said:

I agree, phenomenal strength. It doesn't seem to impress the gripboard much tho. Only 5 likes for the post, but that how it is. I bet it would get more love if he lifted the blob or some obscure block weight :D

Up to 10 likes now.  That's actually pretty darn good for a GB post.  I think the record is 29 or so.  This was posted on a Friday afternoon and people probably had stuff going on over the weekend.

That being said, the market wants what the market wants.  One lesson the world would be better off understanding is that you can't dictate what people enjoy, desire, or feel they need.  Although many failed governments throughout history have tried.  I know I've posted up things that I thought would get a lot of interest only to get crickets.  Then you post some random thing up as an afterthought and it blows up.  It's like reality TV.  I can't imagine why anybody would want to watch that crap.  Yet tens of millions of people love it (including my wife unfortunately).lol

Most of the big contests with big crowds have gotten rid of traditional gripper closes as an event.  They're boring, very hard to see clearly from a spectators point of view, and most people in the crowd can't really relate to how hard a gripper is to close.  Arnolds, Armlifting, many NAGS comps have gone to the Silver Bullet if they have grippers at all.  While not a true measure of crush strength, it is much more exciting to watch and is easier to see what is going on.  As for block weights and axles and the like, the average fan can at least relate to the fact that the athlete is attempting to lift something that is very big and heavy.  Most, if not all, of the people that get excited by gripper closes are the people who are really into grippers.  Even on a site tailored to grip like this one, apparently that's not a huge number of people. 

When I first started grip about 10 years ago, I only did grippers.  They were fun for about a year then got really boring and tedious.  You naturally branch out and try other things and most find those are a lot more fun and interesting than repeatedly closing a hand gripper.  At least that was my experience and the same with most of the people I have competed with. 

The feat above is really amazing.  I gave it a like.  I do wish the young fellow would cut his nails thogh.  But that's just a pet peeve of mine.  HAHA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I do wish the young fellow would cut his nails thogh.  But that's just a pet peeve of mine.  HAHA

I was quite triggered by this myself haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Up to 10 likes now.  That's actually pretty darn good for a GB post.  I think the record is 29 or so.  This was posted on a Friday afternoon and people probably had stuff going on over the weekend.

That being said, the market wants what the market wants.  One lesson the world would be better off understanding is that you can't dictate what people enjoy, desire, or feel they need.  Although many failed governments throughout history have tried.  I know I've posted up things that I thought would get a lot of interest only to get crickets.  Then you post some random thing up as an afterthought and it blows up.  It's like reality TV.  I can't imagine why anybody would want to watch that crap.  Yet tens of millions of people love it (including my wife unfortunately).lol

Most of the big contests with big crowds have gotten rid of traditional gripper closes as an event.  They're boring, very hard to see clearly from a spectators point of view, and most people in the crowd can't really relate to how hard a gripper is to close.  Arnolds, Armlifting, many NAGS comps have gone to the Silver Bullet if they have grippers at all.  While not a true measure of crush strength, it is much more exciting to watch and is easier to see what is going on.  As for block weights and axles and the like, the average fan can at least relate to the fact that the athlete is attempting to lift something that is very big and heavy.  Most, if not all, of the people that get excited by gripper closes are the people who are really into grippers.  Even on a site tailored to grip like this one, apparently that's not a huge number of people. 

When I first started grip about 10 years ago, I only did grippers.  They were fun for about a year then got really boring and tedious.  You naturally branch out and try other things and most find those are a lot more fun and interesting than repeatedly closing a hand gripper.  At least that was my experience and the same with most of the people I have competed with. 

The feat above is really amazing.  I gave it a like.  I do wish the young fellow would cut his nails thogh.  But that's just a pet peeve of mine.  HAHA

I agree that grippers are tedious and gets boring. One of the reasons to give even more respect to people who stick with it for a long time.

Nails could be shorter but should never be cut too short when doing grip, that can be painful when you squeeze things.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

Holy hell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Find it really weird how he's able to set it down to almost closed with what looks to be zero effort. Not a clue how that's happening haha

I'm the anti gripper guy as is well known but that's some impressive gripper work.  What's his best MMS or block set close - I'm just curious as those are closed with both hands to start with- which is what turned me off of grippers way back.  

Edited by climber511

Best crush around in my opinion.  He has a variety of videos with different gripper sets and film angles ( all with ridiculously hard grippers).  There is honestly nothing to nitpick here, it is legit.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 4:27 AM, climber511 said:

I'm the anti gripper guy as is well known but that's some impressive gripper work.  What's his best MMS or block set close - I'm just curious as those are closed with both hands to start with- which is what turned me off of grippers way back.  

Little late but he just missed a GHP 9 with a block set 

and for CCS he has done a GHP 8

Both were several months ago though so who knows for sure where he is now.  When he released those videos he was doing 8 mini reps on a CoC 4 and his most recent video of a similar feat has 21 mini reps.