100 kg IM Little Bighorn

Mike Rinderle

More KK training today.  Actually got 3 singles with 220 today.  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Nice! Looked easy for you.

Been getting 220 off and on for awhile now.  It's a very finicky lift.  One day I struggle with 200, the next session it floats up.  Very humidity dependent I think.  I've yet to get 230 to do anything more than float an inch or so.  Hopefully by October.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Been getting 220 off and on for awhile now.  It's a very finicky lift.  One day I struggle with 200, the next session it floats up.  Very humidity dependent I think.  I've yet to get 230 to do anything more than float an inch or so.  Hopefully by October.

100% truth. I never get below 205 but once in the 220 category it gets as finicky as Morris the cat!

you will be a front runner for sure in the KK overall. You are great at shallow hub and LBH and solid on everything else!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

you will be a front runner for sure in the KK overall. You are great at shallow hub and LBH and solid on everything else!

Your being way too kind Tanner.  It is nice to not suck at the "light" lift this year though.  I think I have a decent shot at top 20 and top 3 masters.  You'll beat me on crusher by a country mile.

6 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I'm experiencing that hot and cold problem as well. About a month ago I hit 224 for one and the next session hit 222 for 4 singles and 200 felt like I could hold it forever. I haven't hit even 215 since. I'm convinced it's a cns issue like grippers for me. This morning, for instance, I was PR'ing with the Gold Bar, but had drop back to 185 before I could do holds with 200. I couldn't even break 200 off of the ground in the first effort. At this point I'm at a loss trying to realize some consistency.

DEFINITELY a more CNS related device. Must be primed more so than other devices IMO. It’s very inconsistent. Very frustrating to say the least.

54 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I'm experiencing that hot and cold problem as well. About a month ago I hit 224 for one and the next session hit 222 for 4 singles and 200 felt like I could hold it forever.

Jesus...I kinda suck at this lift. My PR is something like 218, maybe 220. It's not setting up to be  a great KK year for me. The flask is still my enemy too

3 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Jesus...I kinda suck at this lift. My PR is something like 218, maybe 220. It's not setting up to be  a great KK year for me. The flask is still my enemy too

218 is pretty damn good on a lift you don't spend a lot of time on.  Right now, that would put you 3rd in the world on the gripsport list.  I'm sure you'll pull over 230 with a little practice between now and October.  

I'm hoping for 110 - 115 on the flask (105.8 last year).  But I'm only pulling 170 - 185 right now on crusher, depending on the day.  That's going to kill me if I can't find a way to add 15-20 lbs.  Even then, I'll be hard pressed to be in the top 20 on that lift. My thickbar game is weak.  Lol

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

218 is pretty damn good on a lift you don't spend a lot of time on.  Right now, that would put you 3rd in the world on the gripsport list.  I'm sure you'll pull over 230 with a little practice between now and October.  

Maybe. Yeah I have probably tried it ten times, but still lots of guys will pull over 220 and Vbar has always been hard for me. 

Do you do timed holds? Those got my Crusher a lot stronger. I went from 198 to about 235 just doing 3 rounds of heavy singles followed by 3 sets of five 8 second holds. Twice a week  

i guess I deleted my old video of when 198 was an absolute max, but here you can see 203 is my clear limit. All I did to get stronger was the workout above ^^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Maybe. Yeah I have probably tried it ten times, but still lots of guys will pull over 220 and Vbar has always been hard for me. 

Do you do timed holds? Those got my Crusher a lot stronger. I went from 198 to about 235 just doing 3 rounds of heavy singles followed by 3 sets of five 8 second holds. Twice a week  

i guess I deleted my old video of when 198 was an absolute max, but here you can see 203 is my clear limit. All I did to get stronger was the workout above ^^^

I haven't.  But I now know what I'll be doing for the next 4 months!  Thanks Tanner!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I haven't.  But I now know what I'll be doing for the next 4 months!  Thanks Tanner!

No problem! BTW I start doing these holds with something like 70% 1RM. It’s not an exact science 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Grasping the cone at the top works best for me like Mike is doing in this video. Your hand might be too big for that to feel good though.

I am guessing the top lifts will be 240-250. I wrote something like that on Mike's YT and Jedd commented he believed it would be closer to 300!

Luke's already doing more than 250.

7 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Luke's vertical lifts have exploded in the last couple of years. His 240+ LBH lockout was amazing.

Yea, I could definitely see him getting to 270-280 with a crossbar. 

Luke's already doing more than 250.

Wow seriously? Even if I grasp it at the top, I just can’t  budge anything over 220. Guess I have some work to do 

19 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Wow seriously? Even if I grasp it at the top, I just can’t  budge anything over 220. Guess I have some work to do 

Luke's a mutant on the vertical lifts.  Only he and Laine are in that rarified air.  Tested my crusher today.  Starting point is a lil higher than I thought, but still need to add 15-20 lbs.  Liked the holds at 70%.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

Only he and Laine are in that rarified air.

At the Europa Adam lifted 240 about a foot off the ground. Add him to the list 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boulderbrew said:

Absolutely! 

1 hour ago, Boulderbrew said:

BTW @WestSlope has been sandbaggin!   😁

• Like 2

What is the secret to gripping this?  I did it for the first time ever today and got 116 pounds, but it felt heavy as hell.

2 minutes ago, 2sweetdadstrength said:

What is the secret to gripping this?  I did it for the first time ever today and got 116 pounds, but it felt heavy as hell.

You have to find your sweet spot. It is not the same for everyone. Some lift higher, som lower, on the implement. 

44 minutes ago, 2sweetdadstrength said:

Squeeze really hard. 😉

And make sure you get your thumb locked in before the lift.  Numbers will go up quick with some training.

18 minutes ago, 2sweetdadstrength said:

Wrap your fingers over the thumb?

No.  Just make sure you have a good grip with the thumb.  It's key.

You aren't allowed to wrap your fingers over the thumb like a hook grip.  It would take some massive hands to do that effectively anyway.

• Thanks 1