WSM Thor and Big Loz out with Achilles tears?

Mike Rinderle

Rumors flying that both guys blew out their Achilles in round 2 (farmers walk / yoke).

If confirmed, door is now wide open.

Nothing been confirmed with Thor, yet. But Fossdal and Loz are confirmed out with torn Achilles. From what I've seen it looked like Thor dropped the Farmers implement on his heel.

• Thanks 1

How could such a relatively unusual injury happen to several guys at once? Something wrong with the implement?

I tore my calf the one and only time I did a farmers walk in a contest.  Carrying heavy weight as fast as you can puts a big strain on the calf and achilles.

Plus, this was after they did the monster truck pull, which also puts a ton of strain in the same place.  Micro injuries in event one, compounded by super heavy weight on the same area in event two...

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hannes said:

Nothing been confirmed with Thor, yet. But Fossdal and Loz are confirmed out with torn Achilles. From what I've seen it looked like Thor dropped the Farmers implement on his heel.

Ouch!

Doesn't look like he dropped it on himself.  Looks like he started having trouble in his gate before he put them down.  Definitely hobbling at the end of the vid like it is an achilles or calf injury.  But who knows?  Hopefully they will release more info soon.  Either way, this opens the door for Shaw and Licis.

The injuries will keep on piling, since the today's strongmen are glorified powerlifters with a lot less endurance and mobility than the strongmen of the past. 

• Like 1

Good to hear! Btw didn’t Brian also suffer a planar facia a few years ago? 

2 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

The injuries will keep on piling, since the today's strongmen are glorified powerlifters with a lot less endurance and mobility than the strongmen of the past. 

Yes, boring events and a lot of equipment allowed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes, boring events and a lot of equipment allowed.

I actually stopped caring about strongman past Pudzian era. I like dynamic, real life challenges.

Licis running away with it.  Just Stones to go.  Thor and Shaw were pretty much eliminated after 1st event (loading medley) where they finished 7th and 8th respectively. 

Here's the scores after event 4.

000 0 0Screenshot_20190616-175603_YouTube.jpg

Licis is your 2019 WSM!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 7