Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

30 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I would say it’s in very poor taste of you to use his passing as an argument against my character.

Ken’s unfortunate passing does not change whether or not those plates were fake or not.

I had to google McCarthyism:

” The practice of making accusations without proper regard for evidence

Haha, my god! The irony is so thick, you could eat it with a spoon! 🤣

1) I didn't use Dr. Leistner's passing as an argument, you just did

2) Another accusation with zero evidence, except in this case it is regarding a strength veteran whose reputation was above reproach

3) Googling McCarthyism, eh? Try this instead and you can see your hero seven decades later:

Edited by Hubgeezer

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I almost forgot that Ronnie Coleman was the subject of this thread.... 🤦‍♂️

The whole thing’s a joke

29 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I posted the Dr. Ken video up because it was a 20 rep squat video and thought it would add some levity and his name had come up in the thread.  It was an outtake of his hour long workout video.  I'll be completely honest, I had no idea he was being serious.  I literally thought the workout video was a parody/comedy video he put up.  Are we sure it isn't?  He spends the whole video acting like he was spitting loogies and blowing snot all over his gym.  I assumed he was mocking meatheads and using fake weights and overacting during and after the sets to make his point.  Plus, the overlaid music.  Are you sure that's meant to be real @Hubgeezer?  The bar literally remains ramrod straight when he explodes out of the hole on those squats.  Not even a wobble.  One minute he gasps for air and the next he breathes normal.  I literally thought all these years he was just having fun.  Had no idea it was serious.  If this was real, then Ken was way stronger than I ever imagined.  Hell, way stronger than Marunde at his strongest.

I remember someone posting a 20 rep squat video of Ken on the Gripboard years ago (unless it was the Internet at large). He only went to 20, not 23. I think the weight was about the same. He actually seemed older than in this video. That one was not fake by any means, and I don't remember the swearing. And he got progressively shakier on each rep.

And, if this was a parody, I will edit out my comments before and after David's Joe McCarthy imitation  (Commie! Commie! I mean Fake Fake Fraud Fraud!)

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Okay, here is the Edit. Not a parody. IronMind Forum, Randall Strossen, 2012:

gridironincny.com/videos/flash/ken/ken.html
Erick -

Thanks a million for posting this link.

Ken called me up right after he had finished that set to tell me what he'd just done, but I'd never seen this video before: it made me want to go do a set of squats.

Go, Ken! imageproxy.php?img=&key=eaccad71ea3acba1

End Quote

Hbgzr

Edited by Hubgeezer

Just now, Hubgeezer said:

I remember someone posting a 20 rep squat video of Ken on the Gripboard years ago (unless it was the Internet at large. He only went to 20, not 23. I think the weight was about the same. He actually seemed older than in this video. That one was not fake by any means, and I don't remember the swearing. And he got progressively shakier on each rep.

And, if this was a parody, I will edit out my comments before and after David's Joe McCarthy imitation  (Commie! Commie! I mean Fake Fake Fraud Fraud!)

He literally spends the entire video walking around saying f@#%, acting like he's spitting and blowing snot on all of his equipment, and doing record weights on every exercise for an hour.  I thought it was a comedy video but I may be wrong.  Here is the whole thing.  

Mike, see my edited comments above your latest. Strossen spoke to KL about it. Not a joke. Somewhere else I saw the video referenced as "controversial"

25 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

The only times a post gets a lot of comments or views on this site is when a bickering match breaks out. Post a question as a newbie and it either gets ignored or you get told to do a search through the old posts, like that wasn’t the first thing you tried to begin with. And I could search the gripboard without becoming a member. I joined so that I could ask specific questions and get straight answers from some people who know more than I do. But those people either just sit back and watch without saying anything, bicker and argue like a bunch of old women going through the change, or stop getting on here altogether because of an injury or they just got tired of the bullshit. If it keeps up like this, then this site is going to die once Wannagrip decides he doesn’t want to fool with it anymore because you guys do way more to scare people away from grip than get them more involved 

19 years and still going strong.  This year's Kinney thread has been much milder than most.  It's a fun purge.  There are literally 10s of thousands of threads on here.  Very few are like this.

• Like 1

Just now, Hubgeezer said:

Mike, see my edited comments above your latest. Strossen spoke to KL about it. Not a joke. Somewhere else I saw the video referenced as "controversial"

Wow.  OK.  

6 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

1) I didn't use Dr. Leistner's passing as an argument, you just did

2) Another accusation with zero evidence, except in this case it is regarding a strength veteran whose reputation was above reproach

3) Googling McCarthyism, eh? Try this instead and you can see your hero seven decades later:

I didn’t mention anything about his passing until after you did. I treated his passing as completely irrelevant, by not bringing it up at all.

You don’t need evidence to criticize someone else's claim. That should be self evident. But apparently not. I’m not sure I’ll still be teaching at the university next year. But if I am you are free to take one of my courses. I think it’d do you good. Sure, the subject is introductory  analytical chemistry, but we do touch a little on scientific methodology. It’s never to late to learn something new.

That video does not represent me, the way I think or how I process information at all. You are completely missing my points due to your own scientific illiteracy. 

6 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

. I think it’d do you good. Sure, the subject is introductory  analytical chemistry, but we do touch a little on scientific methodology. It’s never to late to learn something new.

That video does not represent me, the way I think or how I process information at all. You are completely missing my points due to your own scientific illiteracy. 

Thank you for the comments. For you, I highly recommend this excellent book:

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-Matter-More-Than/dp/055338371X

Hmm, I actually never considered that the video might just be a parody. It would explain alot if it were.

4 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-Matter

4 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-Matter-More-Than/dp/055338371X

-More-Than/dp/055338371X

The title of the book made me cringe.

I think my emotional intelligence should be ok. I mean, I’m a dancer for crying out loud. With several national titles😂

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I think my emotional intelligence should be ok. I mean, I’m a dancer for crying out loud. With several national titles😂

No sarcasm intended here. That's great.

I did this with the no.3 just a month of playing with the Monster Gripper. I was close before that, but not near this close at all! Of course didn’t last and got tired of heavy training all the time. Probably better pacing and goal setting would have got the 3.5 to do this. Kinney doubters don’t give the Monster and Joe the credit...very powerful and fast way to do it...just need better planing than I, and most Kinney training dropouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

I did this with the no.3 just a month of playing with the Monster Gripper. I was close before that, but not near this close at all! Of course didn’t last and got tired of heavy training all the time. Probably better pacing and goal setting would have got the 3.5 to do this. Kinney doubters don’t give the Monster and Joe the credit...very powerful and fast way to do it...just need better planing than I, and most Kinney training dropouts.

2E715AAD-CC90-442E-9289-E2656AEF73E8.MOV

using his systems? same reps and sets?

What are some of your opinions on this girl? Squatting in different gyms, using different types of weights. Doing 455 lbs for reps with little to no strain at a bodyweight of maybe around 150 lbs? No belt, no wraps or chalk. Yeah sure, the spotter is helping her a bit but I still reckon her to be the strongest female lifter of all time. I mean what could potentially be her max. 550-650 lbs?  She also has 7.8 million followers so she’s inspired countless people to train and make gains. According to the logic presented in the thread, having inspired people makes it more likely that the weights are real.

If you don’t believe her, YOU have to provide evidence that the weights are fake! 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

What are some of your opinions on this girl? Squatting in different gyms, using different types of weights. Doing 455 lbs for reps with little to no strain at a bodyweight of maybe around 150 lbs? No belt, no wraps or chalk. Yeah sure, the spotter is helping her a bit but I still reckon her to be the strongest female lifter of all time. I mean what could potentially be her max. 550-650 lbs?  She also has 7.8 million followers so she’s inspired countless people to train and make gains. According to the logic presented in the thread, having inspired people makes it more likely that the weights are real.

If you don’t believe her, YOU have to provide evidence that the weights are fake! 

Weights are about as fake as the rest of her and I'm pretty sure she's not known for her "strength" :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Weights are about as fake as the rest of her and I'm pretty sure she's not known for her "strength" :D 

I’d say she’s pretty known for her strength. With 7.8 million followers I’d say she’s more known for her strength than all of us on the entire board combined. 

I’m not sure she has done any competitions or actually trained with anyone who could objectively verify those plates to be authentic. But that doesn’t matter. Her training partner will of course verify them as real plates. And that’s all the evidence needed, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

The only times a post gets a lot of comments or views on this site is when a bickering match breaks out. Post a question as a newbie and it either gets ignored or you get told to do a search through the old posts, like that wasn’t the first thing you tried to begin with. And I could search the gripboard without becoming a member. I joined so that I could ask specific questions and get straight answers from some people who know more than I do. But those people either just sit back and watch without saying anything, bicker and argue like a bunch of old women going through the change, or stop getting on here altogether because of an injury or they just got tired of the bullshit. If it keeps up like this, then this site is going to die once Wannagrip decides he doesn’t want to fool with it anymore because you guys do way more to scare people away from grip than get them more involved 

Message ppl directly versus posting questions...it is generally faster that way. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

I totally agree with you. This board does not have much activity unless people want to argue about things. Many questions, go unanswered for new people, and probably turns a lot of them off sometimes. But, this is the case when people discuss some things that may be controversial with “ what’s ifs,” who cans” questions. I wish more people would post what they are doing, accomplishing, feats, even if they don’t think they are notable. It’s nice to see what others are doing and to feed off others for motivation. But, such is life .

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Your post here, in many ways, causes one to dig deeply into how we make decisions in our lives on a daily basis. When one has some degree of knowledge on a subject, and something seemingly ridiculous occurs, we immediately reject it as fake, and then move on with our lives. Or, in this case, my own reaction is to want to reach for my telephone and call my formerly Elite Powerlifter son (665 or 670 DL at 220lbs. a few years ago) to see what he knows about her - - or what “Smelly” of Bigger Stronger Faster thinks of her (my kid is one degree of separation from him). I would probably hear she was a fraud, then move on. Life is too short to spend on silly matters. We usually rely on our own expertise in how we go about our lives, and when something is beyond our own expertise, we either study it further, or seek someone who has some perceived level of expertise. But we usually value our personal time, so we don’t waste much energy on dumb things.

And, when it is not a dumb thing, and everyone moves on...

39 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Your post here, in many ways, causes one to dig deeply into how we make decisions in our lives on a daily basis. When one has some degree of knowledge on a subject, and something seemingly ridiculous occurs, we immediately reject it as fake, and then move on with our lives. Or, in this case, my own reaction is to want to reach for my telephone and call my formerly Elite Powerlifter son (665 or 670 DL at 220lbs. a few years ago) to see what he knows about her - - or what “Smelly” of Bigger Stronger Faster thinks of her (my kid is one degree of separation from him). I would probably hear she was a fraud, then move on. Life is too short to spend on silly matters. We usually rely on our own expertise in how we go about our lives, and when something is beyond our own expertise, we either study it further, or seek someone who has some perceived level of expertise. But we usually value our personal time, so we don’t waste much energy on dumb things.

And, when it is not a dumb thing, and everyone moves on...

Why would you call your son? How would your son or “Smelly” know if she is a fraud or not? They don’t have any evidence of her being a fraud. Why would you choose to believe them over her and her training partners? If you want to be consistent to your own chosen logic you have to take her word and accept her lifts as true. 

What would it take for you to believe her? A few personal texts? A phone conversation where she seems nice? 

The IPF open records are

72K is 584#

84K is 606#

84+ is 701# done at 130K bw

The girl in the video (no idea of her BW) appears to be doing 480# at times for very easy reps totally raw.  It's hard to imagine someone that strong with no interest in competing.  I can't imagine that many fake plates of different types being available ???  That's all the brain power I can use on this without thinking about her "lungs" - sorry.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, climber511 said:

The IPF open records are

72K is 584#

84K is 606#

The girl in the video (no idea of her BW) appears to be doing 480# at times for very easy reps totally raw.  It's hard to imagine someone that strong with no interest in competing.  I can't imagine that many fake plates of different types being available ???  That's all the brain power I can use on this without thinking about her "lungs" - sorry.

I didn't even notice she was holding a barbell until you brought it up.  

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, climber511 said:

The IPF open records are

72K is 584#

84K is 606#

I think those are equipped records, right?

There are many other videos of her squatting. The heaviest I’ve seen is a set of 495 lbs for 10 reps, using plates that actually look more realistic than the ones in the clip I posted. 

Personally. I would say she’s obviously using fake plates. If she wants her lifts to be taken serious she needs to go to a powerlifting or strongman competition or in the very least meet up and train with some serious lifters. But according to the logic that have been presented by some of the guys in this thread, it’s not up to her to prove to us that the weights are real, it’s up to us to prove that they are fake. And if we can’t prove that they are fake, we have to accept it as truth.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 1