Sign in to follow this  
Alawadhi

Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Hubgeezer
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

And here we go again. I don't believe the one who posts in IM forum is Joe Kinney himself. He is involved yesss. But he DOES NOT post them. From many sources here and I hope Heath @Bearcat 74 can confirm, Joe had a very bad grammar and spelling back then in his 40's. There are hand written letters by him to confirm it. What made him write like a university English professor all of a sudden? The human brains is a gift from God. We should think.

Yep it weird. I don't believe Mike will lie. But that person who claims to be Joe Kinney is obviously a member here too. I once heard a tale (not kidding) that Joe Kinney is Paul Savage. Other's were saying he is timmy. Now that is far-fetched, but I understand where all of this comes from.

I was on the road yesterday afternoon, driving to a small town for a lengthy meeting with a client. I was thinking about this thread, and decided to call Joe Kinney to apologize for getting involved in this thread once his name was brought up. I didn’t put any thought in advance as to what I would say, I just wanted to apologize and move on.

i had never spoken to him before. I think originally, he may have PM’d me on the IM Forum years ago, we moved on to emails, later moved to texting. Ninety percent of our texts have been polite exchanges on personal stuff. My daughter has a baby, I text him. I see my grandkids on my birthday, I text. His texts tend to be more interesting than mine, as he is a more interesting guy than I.

Mr. Kinney had not read the thread at that point (5 pm Eastern Time) for new postings since Tuesday, so his reaction was to chuckle and wonder aloud “apologize for what”. I said “Oh it’s still going, new stuff on different pieces, talking about the Inch, Titan’s Telegraph, who is a liar, all kinds of stuff”. He was pretty relaxed, matter of fact, and told me there was no reason to apologize.We ended up speaking for 30 minutes plus.

He came off as someone very sure of who he was and very comfortable with who he was. He is an impressive fellow.

i mentioned to him a subject that had nothing to do with personal matters, nothing to do with strength. Years ago, I was reading on a shall I say Conservative website as to removing a tax lien from your property, and my goodness it was Joe Kinney from Tennessee, “our” Joe Kinney being discussed, and his story told by a third party as to how he successfully had one removed. I told him that I accidentally came across that, knew it was him, and still didn’t understand how he did it, even after it was explained on the website.

He then proceeded to clinically and matter of factly explain, in a concise manner, the steps he took, the agencies and people involved, the IRS, County Recorders, UCC filings, Secretary of State of Tennessee, etc. I understood what he said, and told him there was some luck involved. Some would be insulted by my saying that, but he humbly conceded that was the case.

I have sat through thousands of hours of lectures over the last 40 years in hundreds of continuing education classes by over 100 professionals on tax and business matters. Authors, professors, lawyers , CPAs, PhDs, consultants, etc. Can’t say I ever heard a complex matter explained in such an understandable manner in as few minutes as he did.

I spoke about the hand written note accompanying my purchase of his VHS Get a Grip video 18 or 19 years ago, which began with “Thanks fer yer order”. He freely conceded he was illiterate (his word, not mine, repeated a time or two) then, but no longer. How did he do that? I asked about Community College classes maybe? Nope, self study, books, etc.

Was this really Joe Kinney I was speaking to? Well, it was the same voice as on the videos, it was someone who immediately knew of the IRS matter I had read of, and it was someone who had insightful comments on the discussions on this thread. Less than an hour after we spoke, he sent, via text, a government issue ID regarding something we had discussed, i suspect just in case I had the Wigren Gene in me, which I have to some extent. The photo ID was of course our Joe Kinney.

What is the point to this post? It is in response to Alawahi’s being absolutely certain that whoever was posting on the IronMind Forum was not in fact Joe Kinney. It most certainly was, and I am certain that no one speaks for this man other than Joe Kinney.

Edited by Hubgeezer

Alawadhi
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I was on the road yesterday afternoon, driving to a small town for a lengthy meeting with a client. I was thinking about this thread, and decided to call Joe Kinney to apologize for getting involved in this thread once his name was brought up. I didn’t put any thought in advance as to what I would say, I just wanted to apologize and move on.

i had never spoken to him before. I think originally, he may have PM’d me on the IM Forum years ago, we moved on to emails, later moved to texting. Ninety percent of our texts have been polite exchanges on personal stuff. My daughter has a baby, I text him. I see my grandkids on my birthday, I text. His texts tend to be more interesting than mine, as he is a more interesting guy than I.

Mr. Kinney had not read the thread at that point (5 pm Eastern Time) for new postings since Tuesday, so his reaction was to chuckle and wonder aloud “apologize for what”. I said “Oh it’s still going, new stuff on different pieces, talking about the Inch, Titan’s Telegraph, who is a liar, all kinds of stuff”. He was pretty relaxed, matter of fact, and told me there was no reason to apologize.We ended up speaking for 30 minutes plus.

He came off as someone very sure of who he was and very comfortable with who he was. He is an impressive fellow.

i mentioned to him a subject that had nothing to do with personal matters, nothing to do with strength. Years ago, I was reading on a shall I say Conservative website as to removing a tax lien from your property, and my goodness it was Joe Kinney from Tennessee, “our” Joe Kinney being discussed, and his story told by a third party as to how he successfully had one removed. I told him that I accidentally came across that, knew it was him, and still didn’t understand how he did it, even after it was explained on the website.

He then proceeded to clinically and matter of factly explain, in a concise manner, the steps he took, the agencies and people involved, the IRS, County Recorders, UCC filings, Secretary of State of Tennessee, etc. I understood what he said, and told him there was some luck involved. Some would be insulted by my saying that, but he humbly conceded that was the case.

I have sat through thousands of hours of lectures over the last 40 years in hundreds of continuing education classes by over 100 professionals on tax and business matters. Authors, professors, lawyers , CPAs, PhDs, consultants, etc. Can’t say I ever heard a complex matter explained in such an understandable manner in as few minutes as he did.

I spoke about the hand written note accompanying my purchase of his VHS Get a Grip video 18 or 19 years ago, which began with “Thanks fer yer order”. He freely conceded he was illiterate (his word, not mine, repeated a time or two) then, but no longer. How did he do that? I asked about Community College classes maybe? Nope, self study, books, etc.

Was this really Joe Kinney I was speaking to? Well, it was the same voice as on the videos, it was someone who immediately knew of the IRS matter I had read of, and it was someone who had insightful comments on the discussions on this thread. Less than an hour after we spoke, he sent, via text, a government issue ID regarding something we had discussed, i suspect just in case I had the Wigren Gene in me, which I have to some extent. The photo ID was of course our Joe Kinney.

What is the point to this post? It is in response to Alawahi’s being absolutely certain that whoever was posting on the IronMind Forum was not in fact Joe Kinney. It most certainly was, and I am certain that no one speaks for this man other than Joe Kinney.

Whaaat?! :s Someone who at in his 40's couldn't spell as good as a person who write's English as a third (not even second) language could self educate himself better than a university professor in his late 50's in matter of few month? Good story Mike on Mr. Kinney being a secret CIA undercover agent for the IRS. But how can this prove him doing what no one else could? TTK? #4? Squats? Still though, Joe only closed a #2 in front of a reliable witness. The Wigren Gene is a bless it seems.

Edit: On a side note, is it true that Bigfoot once took a picture of Joe Kinney?

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Haha 1

Mike Rinderle

There was a certain "world class" bender who's typed posts were so "raw" you could barely understand half of them.  He was seemingly uneducated by his prose.

When he was found to be a fraud, he suddenly started posting in perfect, PHD level english.  It was the fastest self-education I've ever seen. It was literally some Flowers for Algernon level stuff.

Maybe he and Joe studied the same books?   There's no way the illiterate rube stuff could have been an act.  Instead of selling gripper videos, JK should have sold courses on how to learn to be proficient at language and become a tax genius in a few months between squat sessions.   He could have been a millionaire and upended our entire education system.

Definitely a missed opportunity.  

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle

To the original topic, I think at my strongest on grippers about 9 years ago (180ish mms), I might have closed a 2.5 or a very, very easy #3 in the style Ronnie tried.  Maybe.  

• Like 2

Paul Savage

Alawadhi - Lolz me being Joe Kinney is not far fetched, it's impossible. I've competed in two national championships, two European championships, three world championships, plus a lot of other comps, and I have put a boat load of videos on YouTube and Instagram. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure people know what I look like, and I'm pretty sure it's not like Joe Kinney. I'd guess the person that told you that had one too many beers prior to or is a couple branches short of a tree. I'd be much more likely to be Batman.

Mike Rinderle
11 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

I'd be much more likely to be Batman.

Impossible!

000.png

• Haha 2

Mike Rinderle

My Word is Bond!!!!  Prove I'm not!

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle

• Like 1

Paul Savage
18 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Impossible!

000.png

Hahaha

Roger Roberson

C74423BF-C5FB-4D92-9556-7349BD944A7F.gif

David_wigren

I’ve met Paul Savage when he was in Norway a few years back so I know he’s not Joe Kinney. He could still be Batman though. I’m not sure, we didn’t talk that much.

• Haha 3

David_wigren
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I know Ken is respected by many in the powerlifting community. I know he is/was an ackomplished athlete and influencer. However, I’m almost completely certain that the plates used in this video are fake. The way the whole stack of plates rotate from just him resting his hand on them toward the end of the video. Real weights just don’t move and behave like that. That’s supposedly 180 lbs on the end of that bar that is accelerated instantly from a dead stop, just by resting him resting his arm on it. I don’t buy it. 

• Like 3

David_wigren

This is how I expect 405 lbs squats to look like - Heavy, with the bar bending and with the weight clearly effecting the sway and movement of the lifters body. 

• Like 3

Roger Roberson

Maybe it was all the Black Coffee he drank!

i know I love mine ... ALL day long 

4CA0B3C4-E931-4FA2-A912-711A79D64B0A.jpeg

Mike Rinderle
2 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Maybe it was all the Black Coffee he drank!

i know I love mine ... ALL day long 

4CA0B3C4-E931-4FA2-A912-711A79D64B0A.jpeg

Not working for me.  I drink at least a pot a day the way I like my women and I'm still weak as a kitten. 

• Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
45 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

This is how I expect 405 lbs squats to look like - Heavy, with the bar bending and with the weight clearly effecting the sway and movement of the lifters body. 

Marunde was a badass.  Crazy he had so much trouble with that compared to Dr. Ken.  

• Like 2

Roger Roberson
7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Not working for me.  I drink at least a pot a day the way I like my women and I'm still weak as a kitten. 

Was just kidding 😁

Joseph Sullivan
12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

HOT AND BLAAAACKKKKKK! 

• Like 1

Shal9097

One thing about that Ironmind thread I found with Joe answering questions. He answered or at least addressed every single question he got asked on there. And it wasn’t just all in one night. That thread was open for weeks and he didn’t miss a single question. Maybe he was a fake. But I know a lot of high level gripper guys whose programs incorporate a lot of the techniques Joe talks about. And I also know that there are a whole lot of questions and posts on Gripboard that get a lot of views without anyone bothering to respond

• Like 1

Hubgeezer
2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I know Ken is respected by many in the powerlifting community. I know he is/was an ackomplished athlete and influencer. However, I’m almost completely certain that the plates used in this video are fake. The way the whole stack of plates rotate from just him resting his hand on them toward the end of the video. Real weights just don’t move and behave like that. That’s supposedly 180 lbs on the end of that bar that is accelerated instantly from a dead stop, just by resting him resting his arm on it. I don’t buy it. 

Yeah, Ken Leistner used fake plates, had them posted on the Internet for many years before he passed away. Right. Beyond belief David Wigren would say something like that. Gripboard McCarthyism at its best.

Hopefully

Funny how people think it'd be difficult to become a better writer. If that's something you want to become better at there's endless material everywhere to learn from. If you put some time and effort in I'd say there's few things in general you couldn't achieve at least a respectable level in. The way he choose to word a few posts was perhaps a little unecessary given the context, but then again if self expression through writing had become important for him it's understandable. 

• Like 1

Shal9097

He preached negatives and beyond the range grippers. How many people on here got to where they could close a #3 using negatives and filed grippers? 

David_wigren
1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

Yeah, Ken Leistner used fake plates, had them posted on the Internet for many years before he passed away. Right. Beyond belief David Wigren would say something like that. Gripboard McCarthyism at its best.

I would say it’s in very poor taste of you to use his passing as an argument against my character.

Ken’s unfortunate passing does not change whether or not those plates were fake or not.

I had to google McCarthyism:

” The practice of making accusations without proper regard for evidence

Haha, my god! The irony is so thick, you could eat it with a spoon! 🤣

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
54 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Funny how people think it'd be difficult to become a better writer. If that's something you want to become better at there's endless material everywhere to learn from. If you put some time and effort in I'd say there's few things in general you couldn't achieve at least a respectable level in. The way he choose to word a few posts was perhaps a little unecessary given the context, but then again if self expression through writing had become important for him it's understandable. 

And became an expert in the ins and outs of tax law.  Most people have to go to school for years for that and still have trouble navigating through it all.  That's a major accomplishment. 

• Haha 1

David_wigren
3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Marunde was a badass.  Crazy he had so much trouble with that compared to Dr. Ken.  

2nd strongest in the world at the time. (Or maybe 3rd or 4th if you take into consideration that strongman was split into two competing federations at the time). Regardless, he was a very strong dude!

• Like 1