Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

2 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I’m far from an expert on astrophysics. And yes, the theory of the big bang is perhaps not one of the most solid theories out there. But it did predict the background radiation levels many decades before it was discovered, with pretty good accuracy. It’s also been pretty good at explaining the rate at which the observable universe is expanding and probably a whole bunch of things that I don’t know about.

You are incorrect. Researchers have created matter and antimatter from nothing. It’s been proven with the work made in the large Hadron collider. Tiny particles of matter and antimatter pop in and out of existence all the time, everywhere.

I respect you Joe. It’s good to be skeptical. But you seem to be overly skeptical. Almost to the point where you seem to actually be choosing to believe in some statements over others to confirm your own bias. You seem quick to dismiss so many things when you don’t even have a layman’s understanding of it. 

Sorry Dave... they have not created something from nothing. Can you please show me this? They can’t make dirt from non dirt, water without water or wood without the existence of the materials no matter how hard they try. Cannot make it Dave. . You can’t get all the world that you see from nothing exploding. And until they can prove it... I’m calling BS.... that’s what they conveniently say... “oh you just don’t understand”.... yeaaaa then show and explain and prove!!!! And the ones that question what we are told are crazy? It’s actually crazy NOT to question these things... just don’t pay attention to what’s behind the curtain!! 🤡🤡 I want you to show me, Dave, how scientists say they made something from nothing.... not just what they tell you. Just like Kinney’s gripper close.... show me the video!!!! 🤡🤡🤡

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Rinderle

• David_wigren

• slazbob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That palm handle position looks like Ronnie's.  [goes and hides]  

It evolved and overcame.  

I believe so. The 3 was a toy for me at my peak. I’m rehabbing right now but I’ll try once I’m fully back. I remember showing guys grippers at the gym and picking up a 3 with no warm up and closing it

Posted Images

Climber028

He's right. Virtual particles are always popping into existence and vanishing, even around you right now. The net energy of a matter and anti matter particle is zero, so you go from zero to zero and back to zero again when they disappear. This is how we discovered black holes aren't eternal, this happens at the event horizon and we get hawking radiation. I'm not a scientist, but it's not a protected title in America so actually I am a scientist. 

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

He's right. Virtual particles are always popping into existence and vanishing, even around you right now. The net energy of a matter and anti matter particle is zero, so you go from zero to zero and back to zero again when they disappear. This is how we discovered black holes aren't eternal, this happens at the event horizon and we get hawking radiation. I'm not a scientist, but it's not a protected title in America so actually I am a scientist. 

Show me , Mike. Not just what they tell you!!! I want VIDEO! 🤣🤣🤡🤡

Mike Rinderle

As someone who won the State of Ohio Physics Championship as a junior in High School, and a gripster, I have to say that this may be the greatest thread in Gripboard history. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

As someone who won the State of Ohio Physics Championship as a junior in High School, and a gripster, I have to say that this may be the greatest thread in Gripboard history. 

This spun off from the theory of Kinney..... it was bound to happen..if some don’t believe that with a VIDEO.... yet believe half the stuff without anything but what they read in a book. Point proven. Had a good time. I’m out!

Mike Rinderle
Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

This spun off from the theory of Kinney..... it was bound to happen..if some don’t believe that with a VIDEO.... yet believe half the stuff without anything but what they read in a book. Point proven. Had a good time. I’m out!

Wait, don't go yet.  Look up Heisenberg's Uncertainty Theory and the Observer Theory.  Sometimes seeing isn't the best way to prove something.  You might just change the outcome by observing it.  At least on the quantum level.  😉

• Like 1
Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

Wait, don't go yet.  Look up Heisenberg's Uncertainty Theory and the Observer Theory.  Sometimes seeing isn't the best way to prove something.  You might just change the outcome by observing it.  At least on the quantum level.  😉

YEAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYYY!!!!! This is the most fun in the thread I’ve had in a while. I’m reminding myself of someone......

Mike Rinderle

What if Heisenberg's cat tried to close a #3 like Ronnie while in the box?  

Does the gripper turn to blue meth if you open the box to observe the close?

0 0 heisenberg-hybrid.jpg

Shoggoth

A theory is a group of linked ideas intended to explain something. A theory provides a framework for explaining observations. The explanations are based on assumptions. From the assumptions follows a number of possible hypotheses. They can be tested to provide support for, or challenge, the theory.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

A theory is a group of linked ideas intended to explain something. A theory provides a framework for explaining observations. The explanations are based on assumptions. From the assumptions follows a number of possible hypotheses. They can be tested to provide support for, or challenge, the theory.

The theory of the Big Bang and macro evolution cannot be observed, tested or measured. Total pseudo Science. No matter what they tell you.... they have no clue. They conveniently say it happened billions of years ago and over billions of years. Takes faith to believe it. They weren’t there, cannot test it, measure it see it happening. Sounds very religious. Science theory that is unproven and believed is very much among the category of religious. Just as the one that believes God is the source of all things, they believe a mindless series of events that came from nothing caused all you see. One is right and one is wrong we will all find out soon enough . Oops!!! I said the God word!!! Threads going Down!!! 

Shoggoth

You don’t think it’s been tested, measured, or observed? It’s required to be to be a scientific theory. What you’re thinking of is a hypothesis. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

You don’t think it’s been tested, measured, or observed? It’s required to be to be a scientific theory. What you’re thinking of is a hypothesis. 

No, it has not. You cannot test, measure or observe something that supposedly happened billions of years ago and Over the course of billions. So, no, it has not and can not be measured, tested or observed! No one was there for it when it happened and it does not supposedly happen in enough time for us to see it in action or happen. Sounds pretty. Religious in nature to me, Jason. Takes a ton of faith to believe the unobservable. Show me how it’s been tested, measured and observed? Don’t say fossils, all a fossil proves is that something lived and it died. It tells you absolutely nothing other than that. How is the Big Bang and macro evolution observable, testable and measurable? Especially when there is absolutely no missing link or transition of a species ever found! This should be interesting. I’ve got my popcorn ready . 🍿 

Edited by Guest
Adding to post
Shoggoth

So you’re restricting the use of available evidence? Are telescopes allowed?

• Like 1
Mikael Siversson
13 hours ago, David_wigren said:

The fact that something falls is explained by the theory of gravity. So, it’s still just a theory. Scientific theories are basically a body of work which have been formed to explain a large set of many different facts. Which then lets us be able to predict other research. For instance, the theory of gravity explains that things with mass are attracted to each other. This knowledge lets us predict that if you throw something in the air, it will not only fall, but actually accelerate with a speed of 9.82 meters per seconds (at least until the air resistance is equal to the acceleration).

I’m not going to go any deeper than this. It’s true that science is often abused for political and religious arguments. It’s not uncommon to see people say something like “because the fact A is true, it means that B and C is false”. And that’s simply not how science works. Sure, like I said, science can be used to ”predict” things. But they are still just predictions, they could still be wrong. And when they are, it means that the theory was not completely accurate and needs to be changed in order to explain any new findings that the old theory wasn’t able to predict. A good example of this is the atomic model which have changed several times over the past few hundred years as new things have been discovered. Funny fact is that the atomic model that is taught in school is actually an oversimplification of an old model, it’s actually known with 100 % certainty that it is incorrect. But the model is sufficient enough to explain most things, and the newest atomic model is too complicated for new students to learn. So they get taught the easier incorrect version 😂

BTW, I’m no scientist. In Sweden “scientist” is a protected title which basically requires you to be at least post-doc. Which I’m not. But I do work with scientific research.

I am a scientist and I approve this post😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

You mean available thoughts of how they think it may have happened? Not proof. Slice it and call it what you want, Jason!  They know jack about how we got here and what happened before we did. Scientists are not all knowing.  Just because they have a title and write things in a book, does not make them right.... and they have NO WAY of proving it. That burns some people up, I know, but it is what it is. Some things will never be known. Makes them feel extra special thinking they do, though. Tell me, how does a telescope tell us how nothing exploded into something? And where that nothing  came from that turned into EVERYTHING? Ahhhh the mysteries of the universe ! Gotta love it!  🍿 

Alawadhi
13 hours ago, David_wigren said:

The fact that something falls is explained by the theory of gravity. So, it’s still just a theory.

Here we go again. Now to a science topic. All because of Ronnie Coleman haha Poor Ronnie has nothing to do with this. So David, no sir! It's the law of Gravity. Not theory of gravity. Newton's law of universal gravitation.

13 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Water is not wet when it is a solid (ice) or gas (steam)

I couldn't resist.  😈

Ice and gas is wet too. But all is H2O. The known matters to most people are Solid, Liquid, and Gas. That was a theory. They've found out more now. Things change. When I was young in school they taught us Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma. Now there are Solid, Liquid, Gas, Plasma, Degenerate Matter, Quark-Gloun Plasma and Bose-Einstein condensates. There can be more which I forgot to say. of course, without a doubt, others will also be found in the future.

12 hours ago, David_wigren said:

You are incorrect. Researchers have created matter and antimatter from nothing. It’s been proven with the work made in the large Hadron collider. Tiny particles of matter and antimatter pop in and out of existence all the time, everywhere.

They might. But the LHC is the world largest machine which produced things from nothing as per their claim. So you should have something to create the nothing. But it's way small in size. Like particle size.

11 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

100% truth. Explanation doesn't mean it's a fact. It can be challenged and it should to be a fact. 

Ronnie Coleman true set attempt, any takers?.........

Mikael Siversson

Some of my staff work on projects related to the origin of the solar system (collaborating with the Fireball Network at Curtin University). One way of doing it is by looking at meteorites as they preserve all sorts of things and data from a time shortly after the birth of our solar system. We have a whole network of digital cameras on the Nullarbor Plain tracking incoming meteors (and then we go out and collect them, provided it was not cloudy, lol). Almost all meteorites date back from a narrow time interval about 4.56 billion years ago. We also have meteorites that came all the way from Mars (with microscopic gas inclusions with a signature matching the atmosphere on Mars). 

Edited by Mikael Siversson
Mike Rinderle
9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You cannot test, measure or observe something that supposedly happened billions of years ago and Over the course of billions. So, no, it has not and can not be measured, tested or observed! No one was there for it when it happened

I'm pretty sure, by the way I feel this morning, I must have been around for it.  

9 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

You mean available thoughts of how they think it may have happened? Not proof. Slice it and call it what you want, Jason!  They know jack about how we got here and what happened before we did. Scientists are not all knowing.  Just because they have a title and write things in a book, does not make them right.... and they have NO WAY of proving it. That burns some people up, I know, but it is what it is. Some things will never be known. Makes them feel extra special thinking they do, though. Tell me, how does a telescope tell us how nothing exploded into something? And where that nothing  came from that turned into EVERYTHING? Ahhhh the mysteries of the universe ! Gotta love it!  🍿 

Alawadhi
12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Of course Joseph. Not anyone who rents an apartment, or a villa and do experiments can call his or her hypothesis a fact. Not even universities can do that. Only when the idea (explained and "proved") was challenged by many well known and not well known universities, research facilities, research centers, rented villa's, garage and apartments of so called scientist, et cetera and couldn't disprove the theory then it can be a fact or a law. For example, The moon that I see in Dubai is the SAME moon you see in New York.  That is a fact. All the world can go and challenge me and I would still win.

17 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Of course Joseph. Not anyone who rents an apartment, or a villa and do experiments can call his or her hypothesis a fact. Not even universities can do that. Only when the idea (explained and "proved") was challenged by many well known and not well known universities, research facilities, research centers, rented villa's, garage and apartments of so called scientist, et cetera and couldn't disprove the theory then it can be a fact or a law. For example, The moon that I see in Dubai is the SAME moon you see in New York.  That is a fact. All the world can go and challenge me and I would still win.

Totally! To say there’s no truth or fact is a laugh. Truth is not relative! I can say I am Oprah Winfrey!! Is it true? nope!!! No matter how much I believe it... I am not... There is an absolute truth. In this current, modern  world, people are awfully delusional that “my truth” or my “version” is the truth or that the truth is not absolute...... you are so right Bader!  

Edited by Guest
37 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Some of my staff work on projects related to the origin of the solar system (collaborating with the Fireball Network at Curtin University). One way of doing it is by looking at meteorites as they preserve all sorts of things and data from a time shortly after the birth of our solar system. We have a whole network of digital cameras on the Nullarbor Plain tracking incoming meteors (and then we go out and collect them, provided it was not cloudy, lol). Almost all meteorites date back from a narrow time interval about 4.56 billion years ago. We also have meteorites that came all the way from Mars (with microscopic gas inclusions with a signature matching the atmosphere on Mars). 

Oh yea? 4.5 billion years ago? They know this how? They weren’t there! Please don’t say carbon dating!!!  That is NOT ACCURATE!!  They have found things that carbon on one part of the fossil says it’s this amount of years and another part says something totally different and not for even close to the other !!!   They have NO WAY of truly knowing that!!! This is fun to watch people try and explain the unexplainable... with all their fancy book learnings and technology! 🤡🤡🤡

Edited by Guest
35 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm pretty sure, by the way I feel this morning, I must have been around for it.  

Rindo, you are the best, man!