Sign in to follow this  
Alawadhi

Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Shal9097 said:

I mean I don’t claim Joe was juicing. He made his own juice 😉

Kool aid flavor?

• Haha 1

Kluv#0
2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Kool aid flavor?

Epic!!

• Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
44 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

My #4 close didn’t have any holes on the bottom of the handles. That’s how you know it is legit!

AB76BB00-F85F-4036-B332-BE6D4828BA6B.png

You win the innerwebs. 

Mike Rinderle
40 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Here’s mine from the same year, it’s a dot that probably stood out in the lowlight of the shed

6F79A266-24AB-4A9A-8EEF-638B85335D53.jpeg

0C5C515F-10D8-4A49-AFDA-817907AA11DB.jpeg

Could be for sure but they look about 10X bigger in the video.  I guess that could be due to the extremely low light and the grey scale editing.  I am no video genius, that's for sure.

Mike Rinderle
27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Kool aid flavor?

Tropicana!

0 a 9db0bd151a652bbb345a411cb17c1ca60191c4b6ae39.jpg

slazbob
19 hours ago, db2000 said:

using his systems? same reps and sets?

No, not really....I did in the beginning, just like a lot of guys. I’d do 60 negatives.

Joe told me he was doing around 10 or 15 with the Monster. I really believe when he was working with the no.3 he would cheat it shut for all the reps he mentioned. Same with the grip machine, Secret weapon. He mentioned in the video that for those who just have the spring loaded grippers this was the workout he did before he started making his own equipment. So, lost in translation:  he didn’t mention the Monster so he had to tell you what he was doing when he first started. Add to that he dropped the volume using the Monster ...and he didn’t mention it, so he couldn’t tell us less volume. and a lot of guys got burned out doing that volume. Pure speculation on my part but it fits in my head 🤓

and from what I can recall about the gripper being stolen from his truck...it was after he’d sent the pictures so Randall sent him a new one, and that’s the one in the video.

slazbob
17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Could be for sure but they look about 10X bigger in the video.  I guess that could be due to the extremely low light and the grey scale editing.  I am no video genius, that's for sure.

So does the gripper and his hand...just one of them old camcorders 

Chez
6 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

No he said his bone structure was permanently changed from heavy grippers 

so heavier than the 4?

slazbob
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

Ya know, Mike...this is the first time I’ve really had some doubts.

no matter which angle I look at my no.4 I cannot get the dot to look as obvious as that. I think I’m nauseous...this one is the best I can get 

🤮

3CE81C54-A68D-4838-86D3-8A68D154C8B4.jpeg

Edited by slazbob

Mike Rinderle
7 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Ya know, Mike...this is the first time I’ve really had some doubts.

no matter which angle I look at my no.4 I cannot get the dot to look as obvious as that. I think I’m nauseous...this one is the best I can get 

🤮

3CE81C54-A68D-4838-86D3-8A68D154C8B4.jpeg

Sorry bro.  Who knows?

slazbob

I’ll watch it on the 55” and see

slazbob

Yeah...it’s a small hole. Nothing like the little dot I have. Even with shadow I cannot make it that obvious. I’ve heard the spring is almost impossible to take off an Iron Mind gripper without blackening the handle 

Mike Rinderle
16 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Yeah...it’s a small hole. Nothing like the little dot I have. Even with shadow I cannot make it that obvious. I’ve heard the spring is almost impossible to take off an Iron Mind gripper without blackening the handle 

Maybe not if you go from the inside...

Good investigative work though.  Thanks!

Chez
Posted (edited)

all I know is no one has gotten close to doing that with a #4 since and lots of guys have trained hard for it. as someone who has closed a couple 4s, I would need to see it to believe it

Edited by Chez

slazbob
8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Maybe not if you go from the inside...

Good investigative work though.  Thanks!

I even used the zoom haha

slazbob

How weak can he make a gripper from one side? The no.4 stamped handle looks normal. I wonder if Randall has noticed the hole...I’m going to look at the Milo cover to see if it’s in the picture 

slazbob

Just checked the Milo cover...looks just like mine. 😅 was worried. Must be a massive shadow. 

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Just checked the Milo cover...looks just like mine. 😅 was worried. Must be a massive shadow. 

Or a different gripper...

I just watched it again.  If it is a shadow, It defies the laws of physics.  The angle of the gripper changes but the hole/shadow remains the same.  Weird huh?

Edited by Mike Rinderle

slazbob
38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Or a different gripper...

I just watched it again.  If it is a shadow, It defies the laws of physics.  The angle of the gripper changes but the hole/shadow remains the same.  Weird huh?

There is no denying it...

• Like 1

slazbob

Okay, picture of mine playing with editing/shadowing. And Joe’s. Looks similar, agreement?

758EA926-05B0-4BF3-B547-CB8ADACB9270.jpeg

CE0E7A7E-43C0-43DF-A5AA-4AA4BC33F609.png

slazbob
On 6/16/2019 at 6:42 AM, Alawadhi said:

Which I said before, show him a legit set. I guess a 3.5 would be closed easily.

Yes that too! The thumb help a TON.

Yeah I did the #2 after my MMG2 and boy I could not. And the MMG2 is harder than the hardest #3 (I guess, feels around 168 RGC to me based on the calibrated grippers I have) but yet I didn't do a #2 in Coleman style.

Haven’t you listened to Randall? Deep sets don’t build full range power😎

• Haha 1

Chez
1 hour ago, slazbob said:

Haven’t you listened to Randall? Deep sets don’t build full range power😎

Ya, they never worked for me either.......🤥

• Haha 2

David_wigren

I don’t really care too much about the dot/hole. There’s no way of finding out whether it actually was a hole or not.

If I wanted to fake a gripper close, I for sure wouldn’t do it in a way that would leave any suspicious markings on the gripper.

• Like 1

slazbob
7 hours ago, Chez said:

Ya, they never worked for me either.......🤥

Well, you close grippers that could be heard across the gym! So now I know you’re lying 🧐

Mike Rinderle
2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I don’t really care too much about the dot/hole. There’s no way of finding out whether it actually was a hole or not.

If I wanted to fake a gripper close, I for sure wouldn’t do it in a way that would leave any suspicious markings on the gripper.

No, you would have edited all that stuff out like you did on all your horseshoe videos.  No wonder you finally won the war between Cletus and The Fish!  Cheater!