Sign in to follow this  
Alawadhi

Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Hopefully
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I am flattered you guys are stalking me as much as you are. 

EQ David, EQ. 

While IQ has been found to be an important variable when it comes to perceived life 'success', tilting more towards the EQ side definitely leads to more happiness in life. 

I agree. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

David_wigren

In a room full of people.

Nobody: ...

Joe Kinney: I can burst beer cans with my hands!

Joe Kinney: ... you could hear the pop echoing over the hills!

Joe Kinney: ...

• Haha 2

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

Serious question:  did Ironmind ever sell grippers that had a hole in the bottom of each handle where the numbers would have been stamped?

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Mike Rinderle

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

Shal9097

I’ve never seen one like that in the older pictures. Never noticed that hole in the video either but it’s there when you watch it

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle

0:50 - 1:02 during the 12 second hold and grind to see they are there no matter how he moves the gripper.  

I've asked a couple people who know about these things and I'm told IM didn't typically ship grippers with holes tapped in the bottom.  Whether this was a special gripper with holes that they sent Joe, I don't know. 

The reason I posted this, is because another member who is a nice guy and didn't want to get on anybody's bad side sent me this message (since I'm not encumbered by these things since I'm universally hated here's the message):

Hey Mike, i was looking through the J.K. #4 video and noticed two holes on the bottom of the handles at the 52 sec mark of the video clip. What do you make those out to be? A.) Grippers back then came with holes on the handles. B.) He just wanted to tap holes in his favorite gripper. C.) An access point made by drilling a holes to the spring to pour some kind of liquid acetone or acid to soften the epoxy to then heat the handles and pull and punch said spring out? To then treat the "fat" spring by heat to damage its integrity and place said spring back in handles prepping it for an easy close that wont even put no visible pressure upon thumbpad during close. Or the 4s came with holes back then? Theres no hole? Honestly a fun mystery.

Im not sure about this but logically he wouldnt even need to take the spring out if he just drilled up the legs of the spring with a 1/16-1/8 bit. Hallowing the springs would do enough to damage the spring and alter the integrity. Possibly making the gripper be able to perform multiple closes.

End quote.

I don't know what to make of it.  The holes seem to be there.  Maybe when he added grey scale to the video it created the holes. ( what country gent puts greyscale in his training vids?)  If they are there, which seems to be the case, maybe he just liked to drill holes in stuff.

As for the no deformation of the thumb pad, there was no deformation of anything.  Man had hands of titanium!

Of course, maybe the holes aren't there at all.  The Russians could have possibly hacked the video with a bot that throws things in the grip community into turmoil.  😂🤣😂🤣

Mike Rinderle

@Bearcat 74 did the #4 Joe showed you have holes in it?

• Like 1

king crusher

Good ole Kinney fun, Good stuff. Poor guy

• Like 2

Hopefully

Isn't it just the stamped number 4 that looks like a hole because of bad resolution and shadows? 

Mike Rinderle
7 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Isn't it just the stamped number 4 that looks like a hole because of bad resolution and shadows? 

Could be.  

Mike Rinderle

I just marvel at his patience.  I mean the guy could obviously close the #4 for a looooong time before he was able to do a no set close with an 8 second hold, while grinding the grippers.  Man I would have been worried I might get hurt and never close one again or someone might submit a close before me.  I would have sent a vid the first time I touched those handles.  But not ol Joe.  He waited until he could do things no human before or since has gotten within 80 miles of.  That's bawls right there.

• Haha 2

Mike Rinderle
19 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Good ole Kinney fun, Good stuff. Poor guy

How much money did Poor ol Joe "the tax man" Kinney make off of that close.  I'm sure he made a lot more than I made off Hammering Horseshoes and I did alright.

• Haha 1

Cannon
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

That palm handle position looks like Ronnie's. 

[goes and hides]

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Mike Rinderle
12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That palm handle position looks like Ronnie's. 

[goes and hides]

Joe literally Ronnie Coleman'd that #4 and ground the handles for several seconds.

I blame you for all this Matt.  Bwahaha

• Haha 1

Bearcat 74
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

@Bearcat 74 did the #4 Joe showed you have holes in it?

None that I saw.  

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed but I think I would have noticed holes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
2 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

None that I saw.  

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed but I think I would have noticed holes.  

Thanks Heath.  Thought so.  Lol

Shal9097

1450852D-A470-42C5-AC52-6D2ED6572EFA.png

• Haha 1

Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Shal9097 said:

1450852D-A470-42C5-AC52-6D2ED6572EFA.png

LIGHT ROIDS  BAAAAYY BAAAAYYY! 

David_wigren
Posted (edited)

My #4 close didn’t have any holes on the bottom of the handles. That’s how you know it is legit!

AB76BB00-F85F-4036-B332-BE6D4828BA6B.png

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Shal9097

The “INB4 steroids” thing was at the bottom of the picture and I did not realize it was there when I posted it. Not claiming roids. I just google image searched Ronnie Coleman 

AdamTGlass
1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

My #4 close didn’t ha e any holes on the bottom of the handles. That’s how you know it is legit!

AB76BB00-F85F-4036-B332-BE6D4828BA6B.png

You’re gonna poke an eye out playing like that 

• Haha 1

AdamTGlass
1 minute ago, Shal9097 said:

The “INB4 steroids” thing was at the bottom of the picture and I did not realize it was there when I posted it. Not claiming roids. I just google image searched Ronnie Coleman 

S Word 

795DAF17-DEEC-4415-AA3B-1A1FE4C16B60.png

• Haha 2

slazbob

Here’s mine from the same year, it’s a dot that probably stood out in the lowlight of the shed

6F79A266-24AB-4A9A-8EEF-638B85335D53.jpeg

0C5C515F-10D8-4A49-AFDA-817907AA11DB.jpeg

• Like 6

Joseph Sullivan
19 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

You don’t have to claim them... we all know what’s what 

Shal9097
Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

You don’t have to claim them... we all know what’s what 

I mean I don’t claim Joe was juicing. He made his own juice 😉