Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

Just now, David_wigren said:

Joe said he doesn’t believe in a common ancestor. He wants to see a video of a dog becoming a cat before he’ll believe in evolution.

I think the platypus forgot to charge the camera. 

Just now, Shoggoth said:

I think the platypus forgot to charge the camera. 

Jason. If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys!? Big bang can’t explain that!

2 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

In science there is no indisputable fact. That’s what makes science good and fanaticism so dangerous. 

No? Are you sure about that? Or are you part of the clueless demographic that @David_wigren has classified? Absolutely there is science fact!! If it’s testable, measurable and observable!! Water boils at 212 degrees. Does that ever change? No!  That’s a fact.

5 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Nowhere does evolution say we came from monkeys. That’s religious bibble-babble intended to rouse folks and make them hold signs rather than to understand what’s intended. 

Monkeys is a loose term, Steven. They say we evolved from primitive ape like creatures. Sorry pal, don’t believe that for a second. There is also no missing link ever found. So that’s faith!

5 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Joe, were you raised religious or did you become religious as an adult? Were your parents religious?

I got saved by the blood of Jesus at 31 after reading the Bible from coverto cover . I was an atheist/agnostic like you. Until I actually looked into all that was being told that did not add up. So, no, I was not raised religious. I am not religious. I believe in God as the creator. Nothing religious about it. Religious is a loose term used for those that follow rituals of man. I am far from religious. I am saved by my faith in Jesus alone. Nothing else.

Air pressure changes it. Specific weight of that water. Also, someday, it may change with some unknown (as of yet) variable and it will be modified. The boiling point is not a hard fact. It’s a theory. And now you should understand the power of scientific theory to create replicatable results. Neat eh!

• Like 1

One thing is bothering me.  Nobody said the universe is 5 billion years old.

Best estimate at this time (based on speed of light and how far the most powerful telescopes can "see") is 13.8 billion years, give or take 20 million or so.  

The age of our solar system is roughly 4.6 billion years, which is an estimate based on isotope decay in meteorites and rocks.

I think somewhere in all this awesomeness, those two got confused.

Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

No? Are you sure about that? Or are you part of the clueless demographic that @David_wigren has classified? Absolutely there is science fact!! If it’s testable, measurable and observable!! Water boils at 212 degrees. Does that ever change? No!  That’s a fact.

Monkeys is a loose term, Steven. They say we evolved from primitive ape like creatures. Sorry pal, don’t believe that for a second. There is also no missing link ever found. So that’s faith!

Um... yeah it does 😂. The tempature at which water boils is largely dependent on the pressure. Water can boil at a large variety of temperatures. 

Also, humans are still classified as apes. We didn’t evolve from apes. We are apes.

8 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Joe said he doesn’t believe in a common ancestor. He wants to see a video of a dog becoming a cat before he’ll believe in evolution.

Your DNA also shows you share a lot in common with mold and a sunflower! Are those also your common ancestor? I’m going with common designer.

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

One thing is bothering me.  Nobody said the universe is 5 billion years old.

Best estimate at this time (based on speed of light and how far the most powerful telescopes can "see") is 13.8 billion years, give or take 20 million or so.  

The age of our solar system is roughly 4.6 billion years, which is an estimate based on isotope decay in meteorites and rocks.

I think somewhere in all this awesomeness, those two got confused.

Carry on.

I noticed that too. But there are so many crazy statements being thrown around I didn’t bother to say anything.

2 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

There is also no missing link ever found. So that’s faith!

Are you positive?

0 0 .jpg.e6cefa4a32ea7dddf2737d732e46e244.jpg

Your DNA also shows you share a lot in common with mold and a sunflower! Are those also your common ancestor? I’m going with common designer.

Correct. By measuring the random change in DNA over time, you can even track at roughly which time we diverted from our common ancestor.

• Like 1

I noticed that too. But there are so many crazy statements being thrown around I didn’t bother to say anything.

Not the universe, but the earth itself is said to be 5 billion years old. 

When in fact it’s only 12 thousand years?

Correct. By measuring the random change in DNA over time, you can even track at roughly which time we diverted from our common ancestor.

Oh my God man!!! Haha Believe what you like Wiggy, I’m going with a common designer with God the creator. That’s a lot of things your derived from there, buddy! A flower, mold and an ape? Like MAGIC!  But, we shall all see soon when we die. Good luck with that!

1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

When in fact it’s only 12 thousand years?

I’m saying no one knows!! Who said 12 thousand? I’m the only one here saying I don’t know for sure. But there are an awful lot of confident folks here saying they do. 🤣

Edited by Guest

Oh my God man!!! Haha Believe what you like Wiggy, I’m going with a common designer with God the creator. That’s a lot of things your derived from there, buddy! A flower, mold and an ape? Like MAGIC!  But, we shall all see soon when we die. Good luck with that!

Why is that idea funny? And if it happens to be funny, why would that make it less true?

What would happen if you had the slightest of doubts Joe? If you accepted this is a possibility? We’ve allowed for the ability for evidence to prove or disprove it. The second noble truth rings true to me and a lot of suffering by you. 

3 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

9B46B7A7-66C9-4294-B4A1-D7C4ECA9EA2F.jpeg

Yup, because that’s believable. Give them an undetermined amount of time and like MAGIC, we went from a one celled organism to what we are now..... haha I don’t buy it. I don’t care if you do, but that chart right there takes some FAITH to believe!  Not counting the caption of course! Hahahahaha 

1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

Why is that idea funny? And if it happens to be funny, why would that make it less true?

Because you have to make up your mind of what we came from!!! We came from flowers? Mold? Apes? All those things? AND MORE!  Sorry man, that’s ludicrous. Totally. DNA similarities can mean that it’s because all living creature are made of the same elements and materials. Just like the coding in a computer. There is no way to can prove that is true or not.  Faith man!! It all stems back to faith!!!

Yup, because that’s believable. Give them an undetermined amount of time and like MAGIC, we went from a one celled organism to what we are now..... haha I don’t buy it. I don’t care if you do, but that chart right there takes some FAITH to believe!  Not counting the caption of course! Hahahahaha 

Why could you have micro evolution and not macro evolution? Is there some magical barrier that says “ok stop right there doggie! You’ve now made all the changes you’re allowed to make!”

Just now, David_wigren said:

Why could you have micro evolution and not macro evolution? Is there some magical barrier that says “ok stop right there doggie! You’ve now made all the changes you’re allowed to make!”

Show me the evidence of one creature transitioning to another. Not an artists conception or a theory! Should have thousands of examples by now. We don’t have any. A reptile is still a reptile, a bird is still a bird, a fish is still a fish and a monkey is still a monkey. Adaptive changes, most certainly!!! But one creature to another ? No evidence!!!

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

Because you have to make up your mind of what we came from!!! We came from flowers? Mold? Apes? All those things? AND MORE!  Sorry man, that’s ludicrous. Totally. DNA similarities can mean that it’s because all living creature are made of the same elements and materials. Just like the coding in a computer. There is no way to can prove that is true or not.  Faith man!! It all stems back to faith!!!

We didn’t come from flowers. We share a common ancestor. DNA isn’t just coding for genetic material. I don’t think you have a very good grasp on this stuff. 

What makes your religion best anyways? It’s only because of where you were born. You could’ve just as easily been a Hindu, Morman, Shintoist, etc. if you were seeking in another culture. 

13 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Not just the earth, or entire solar system.