Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

You're correct sir.  Your point is well taken.  In days of yore, people might have overlooked the one typo out of the thousands of words in this thread.  But your world and mine is now filled with grammar Nazis who, when they can't win an argument, point out flaws in grammar.  Not that you're one of them, but you did ignore the response that Heath was the one who said Joe told him on multiple occasions about the back and forth Inch. I'll go back and correct it for you since you're bothered by it. 

Your Namesake, Mikey

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You're correct sir.  Your point is well taken.  In days of yore, people might have overlooked the one typo out of the thousands of words in this thread.  But your world and mine is now filled with grammar Nazis who, when they can't win an argument, point out flaws in grammar.  Not that you're one of them, but you did ignore the response that Heath was the one who said Joe told him on multiple occasions about the back and forth Inch. I'll go back and correct it for you since you're bothered by it. 

Your Namesake, Mikey

Thanks fer yer comments.

Heath and the back and forth. Yes, I know exactly what he said. My problem was not at all with what Heath said, as he was very clear.  It was others (including you) taking what he said, and changing the word "pass"  to the word "toss", which is a huge difference for a feat involving the Inch.  I was very clear on what I was asking. But, more than once, there was a very strange attempt to make it appear that I was calling Heath a liar. Absolutely not. I would have let it go if you hadn't dug in yet again and repeated my alleged insult above. 

But I do thank you fer yer comments. 

13 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Thanks fer yer comments.

Heath and the back and forth. Yes, I know exactly what he said. My problem was not at all with what Heath said, as he was very clear.  It was others (including you) taking what he said, and changing the word "pass"  to the word "toss", which is a huge difference for a feat involving the Inch.  I was very clear on what I was asking. But, more than once, there was a very strange attempt to make it appear that I was calling Heath a liar. Absolutely not. I would have let it go if you hadn't dug in yet again and repeated my alleged insult above. 

But I do thank you fer yer comments. 

Lol.  OK Mike.  He didn't toss it or pass it back and forth.  Forget the semantics.  Why did he tell two CoCs that he did and later deny it?

Never mind.  Doesn't matter.  Yooooor not going to change yooooor mind, nor will eye.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Why did he tell two CoCs that he did and later deny it?

He denied it? Where  did he deny it? I don't think he did, but I have been wrong on this thread more than once. 

To me, the difference between a pass and a toss (in Gripworld, not Football) is at least the difference between a 5 mm choked gripper close and a no set close.

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

He denied it? Where  did he deny it? I don't think he did, but I have been wrong on this thread more than once. 

To me, the difference between a pass and a toss (in Gripworld, not Football) is at least the difference between a 5 mm choked gripper close and a no set close.

Screenshot_20190702-224826_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

My inbox is GETTING KILLED with this Joe Kinney madness......come on fellas! Have some mercy ...🤣🤣🤣

Stop following the thread and the notifications will stop.  

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Stop following the thread and the notifications will stop.  

How? You can do that? I thought once you were in, it was a lock... please advise. It’s no “blood in, blood out”?

Edited by Guest

I wonder who would win in a grip competition. Joe Kinney from 1998-1999 vs Silverback grip guy (what was his real name, Eucledies? Something like that?) from 2011-2012? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I wonder who would win in a grip competition. Joe Kinney from 1998-1999 vs Silverback grip guy (what was his real name, Eucledies? Something like that?) from 2011-2012? 

With Timmy as the referee...

Eucledies had the most entertaining grip videos ever made.  The ez curl bar in a towel and the towel crucifix were cinematic gold!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

How? You can do that? I thought once you were in, it was a lock... please advise. It’s no “blood in, blood out”?

Click on the following button and change your preferences. 

16 hours ago, slazbob said:

Yes, but volume and negatives were pretty standard after Joe

So was tendonitis.  😂🤣😂🤣 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Eucledies had the most entertaining grip videos ever made.  The ez curl bar in a towel and the towel crucifix were cinematic gold!

His videos were very entertaining but I was particularly impressed with his training vlogs. He went through his training and shared many training ideas with surprising detail! He seemed to be a very intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic person! Shame he never got to close the #4 under official settings. I still regard him as one of the greats, along with Kinney and the incredible boob-lady.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, David_wigren said:

He seemed to be a very intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic person! 

David, if you are going to quote me, please give me some credit, and I will always give you credit for “the incredible boob-lady”. 

Silverback? Not the words I would choose to describe him.

Mike R, thanks for the IronMind Forum JK thread quote.

Edited by Hubgeezer
David had a hyphen in boob-lady
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bencrush said:

@slazbobYou are not alone, my friend. 

As you no doubt remember from the IronMind forum, I was not a believer for quite a while.  Then after talking to you, JK himself, and some other guys I trust - I became a believer.  It sounds weird to write it like that.  But he (and your input) convinced me in the long run.  And the thing is there was no gain from either of you trying to convince me.  I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things.  And Joe was extremely kind to me, even after reading some of the not super friendly things I wrote about him.  He and I have corresponded a few times privately and the topic of #4 closes is hardly ever even touched on in our chats.  That's not what made me a believer, of course.  There isn't ONE thing that made me change my mind.  More like 100 little things that when put together gave me the impression that it was very likely he did what he said he did.  I don't argue it with guys because there is no incentive to change their mind.  I believe there are things he mentions or details in his private talks with people that would very likely sway some hardcore skeptics.  He doesn't even badmouth skeptics.  I believe he is a skeptic himself, and is an incredibly bright (intelligence) guy.  Not a guy who comes off like the clichéd hillbilly that some have referenced.  Not that I have anything against hillbillys either, lol. 

Threads about JK have the "feel" of political talks with family and friends.  I rarely talk to my family about politics.  I never talk to acquaintances about politics.  Wonder why?  Many reasons, but there are religious (or lack of) reasons - I am an atheist.  Only one member of my family is not what I would consider "religious."  That member of my family, my brother Michael, is also gay.  And I think he would consider himself an atheist, also.  I guess he would be labeled a "gaytheist.":D  So I have never felt that he was eye to eye with most of our family.  I have been very gay friendly since I was a child.  This isn't saying that the family was ever "mean" to him.  But it has been "trying" for him his whole life.  One brother is a Trump supporter.  I am not.  Neither is Michael.  So, I for the most part avoid posting political Facebook "vote for Trump/against Trump"-style rants on Facebook.  This part of my post probably seems way out of place.  But I share it in good faith because I believe Joe Kinney threads could bring us all closer to that wonderful feeling when grip training was new.  When every gripper you saw - you wanted to smash it right away!  Or at least give it a shot.  And you wanted to share your knowledge of all things grip vs. arguing about who is a cheater or a faker or whatever it might be. 

A lot of guys (and some gals!) on the Gripboard are friends and some of you are family to me.  Not blood.  But still family.  And I avoid topics like this usually because I don't want to create hurt feelings or a divide that tarnishes an otherwise smooth relationship.  I added my thoughts because it felt to me like @slazbob felt a bit alone.  And maybe "ganged up" on, although I don't think he has thin skin about any of this. 

Ben, we agree to disagree. But you are always a friend and a family!!! I still remember the awesome bending days we had.

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

Bader saying Joe was weaker than Paul’s gal was a little silly, but all and all...this has been a decent Kinney thread. Ahem—Coleman thread.

Yeah? Wanna bet she is not stronger than even you? :calmYep, she'd kick Joe Kinney butt in total body strength (yes including squats) AND grip. At least she closed a #2.5 and got a filled #3 to 1/8". Still waiting since day first on your Ronnie Coleman set attempt on a  #3. It seems only I did it.

• Like 2

The whole Joe Kinney thing could have been settled if you’re the guy in charge by climbing on a plane and swinging by Bean Station, TN to see it in person.   Flying to Turkasrobia and Uzbeckasville is no problem but not TN to see the only dude to do the impossible, or not.

I know others offered to swing by, and I don’t know why Joe didn’t meet up with them, but I would have wanted to see it myself.

I had an offer to cert one time and after my first correspondence with the guy to witness/judge I decided I would just not even take the attempt as to meet up with them.   I wasn’t trying to hide anything, there’s quite a few people that have seen me do well and fail, it happens.  Maybe Joe got the same vibe from whoever he spoke with.  

I feel bad for Joe because he followed the guidelines laid out by IronMind and here we are 20yrs later wondering if it was real. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

LOLOLOLOL

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Maaaaan hahahahaha

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

His videos were very entertaining but I was particularly impressed with his training vlogs. He went through his training and shared many training ideas with surprising detail! He seemed to be a very intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic person! Shame he never got to close the #4 under official settings. I still regard him as one of the greats, along with Kinney and the incredible boob-lady.

LOL!!! Nice guy so he is legit.:trout

48 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I've seen some posts by this Euclides guy over at the IM forum, what's the deal with him? Fraud similar to Gazza? Doesn't seem to exist any videos anymore. 

Yes and no. He was very strong. He enter a grip comp and won it. There weren't the top guys there but managed to win it. But dude was/is weird. He comes and goes. Like a bigfoot. Something not quite right. He faked few closes before. But hey at least he competed once and proved himself strong.

I here (hear?) this Khan has challenged Joe to a squat competition. 

And with that... I'm out.

But only because I couldn't find the vid of the old Russian guy in the old time strongman singlet squatting 1500 lbs.

Until next year my friends!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 4

Khan ain’t got nothing on this guy. Dude can bend coins against his eyes. He’s rocking the strength of 30000 men. Doesn’t even shake hands with people because he could accidentally hurt them! 

• Haha 3

@Mike Rinderle why didn't you post my 695 KG C&J on the axle? I deserve that recognition 😎 After all, you can't really prove me wrong. @David_wigren You forgot he didn't sleep once in his life and has $eX at least 15 times a day to stay healthy. Eats raw meat and drinks butter. Besides those two, we have Sri Chinmoy who can wrist curl with 256LBS and one hand press 7000KG.

• Haha 2

I bet you guy’s are shirtless with potato chips crumbs on your chests...laughing while you type! 

Edited by slazbob
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Khan ain’t got nothing on this guy. Dude can bend coins against his eyes. He’s rocking the strength of 30000 men. Doesn’t even shake hands with people because he could accidentally hurt them! 

Wow. What a grip on that guy

• Haha 1

It's conversations like these that remind me why I just can't quit the gripboard.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I bet you guy are shirtless with potato chips crumbs on your chests...laughing while you type! 

Not me.  I'm nekid.

0 0 0 14zq6q.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bigfott.jpg.e6cefa4a32ea7dddf2737d732e46e244.jpg

• Haha 3