Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

15 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Heath-

when Joe gave you the Monster did he tell you it’s something he used to close the no.4? I don’t think it was mentioned for a while after his time.

I can’t say for sure.  I know it’s a tool he said he used in training but I don’t know where he classified it as far as where it put him on closing the 4. 

There was no mention of the monster in his first training video. It was his second video where he brought it out and suddenly that was the tool he used to close the #4

I can tell you this. I have a extended handle Thor gripper the one with .406 spring dia . I’ve modified it to where I can cheat it shut with my grip below where you would normally grab a gripper and I can’t hold it completely shut , it opens back up to alittle over an inch after I release the cheat into my hand for the negative. After that can take a gripper around 200-213ish rgc and it feels considerably manageable to get few cheated reps in .

just saying the method that he explained in the video does work , where he talks about tricking your muscles . I’m not there yet on holding the Thor extended shut like he did on his dumpster spring gripper . If it is anything close to the Thor gripper or even stronger and he managed to shut it and keep it closed. there is a chance he did do to the coc4 on the video he made. Now on the squats he says the weight was 440lbs maybe it was who knows, but the weights were made of concrete and it tends to weigh less . Also he didn’t go as low as you would at a competition, if the picture is right that someone posted earlier in the thread.

Edited by Roger Roberson

48 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

There was no mention of the monster in his first training video. It was his second video where he brought it out and suddenly that was the tool he used to close the #4

He gave me a spring the day we met and talked about how he built the handles for it and used it in training.  I’m pretty sure he said it was a dumpster spring  

I’m not sure how that date of our meeting relates to the release of the video.  I actually didn’t know there was a 2nd video, or forgot there was one. 

19 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Yes drop out of good universities because their business were already good. You are talking about the likes of Jobs, Gates, Zuckerberg, et cetera and forgetting the millions homeless with no jobs because lack of education. It is really frightening there are guys out there pushing for no education. Yeah you told me that on Instagram your in law lives here in Dubai (was it you?). But then again education is the key for the general. Some seem they won't regret not going to university. But hey that's fine. Regretting needs age and wisdom which is clearly lacking here to the some.

As for you, where do you live? You can have 4.0 GPA but with no job in lets say Niger or Somalia. Education, true education will not send you to those countries, but you should go to a country who respects your education. Give a 2 year old gold and he won't be entertained. But give him a sweet and he will be super happy. Why you don't work with your brother in law here in Dubai? Dubai is good (except for its summer), we can train together, and enjoy the food here 😉

Finally, you said it. If someone claiming he is the strongest person in recorded history then hmmmm

You are right Bader, but we spoke here, on the Gripboard. I have to say, that unfortunately my country isn't that much better than the countries you mentioned, with no disrespect. It's a crab bucket, where only the most corrupt and worthless people succeed. And I'm actively working on changing my country of living, as sad as that is. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

You are right Bader, but we spoke here, on the Gripboard. I have to say, that unfortunately my country isn't that much better than the countries you mentioned, with no disrespect. It's a crab bucket, where only the most corrupt and worthless people succeed. And I'm actively working on changing my country of living, as sad as that is. 

You got this.  Pulling for you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat 74 said:

He gave me a spring the day we met and talked about how he built the handles for it and used it in training.  I’m pretty sure he said it was a dumpster spring  

I’m not sure how that date of our meeting relates to the release of the video.  I actually didn’t know there was a 2nd video, or forgot there was one. 

He put one out with John Wood a few years ago.  

3 hours ago, Bearcat 74 said:

I can’t say for sure.  I know it’s a tool he said he used in training but I don’t know where he classified it as far as where it put him on closing the 4. 

Okay, thanks

6 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

No I'm not, he doesn't even know where to position the gripper in his hand, has no idea of the proper technique working his fingers on etc He also doesn't have a clue how to train for grippers, his methods make you go backwards or get you injured. I on the other hand do know proper technique and I do know how to train grippers, why? Because i've actually closed the thing! I could maybe, MAYBE do what he did with a #2.5, an I've done 30 no set reps with it.

It didn't happen, I don't believe the gripper in his video is even = to a #2.

I don’t know why you have to compare yourself to Joe. You don’t have to deep set grippers to train with them...so his handle position is fine. You have stated many times that grippers bruise your hands so working with something like the Monster isn’t something you’d be able to do- therefore knowing without a doubt, that  Joe’s close was fake is not something you’d be familiar with. 

The 60 negatives is what he did for the no.3 ...he was testing things out. When he used the Monster he did 10 - 20. As a matter that comes to mind Juha got his no.4 close after using Kinney techniques; Loan had a Kinney type of Monster, etc. and a lot of people certified on the no.3 when KTA was hot. The principals work fast- that’s the allure of it...but you can’t do all that volume that Joe mentions in the video.

i believe the guy- nobody does here...and that’s fine. It’s an old story. And with all the sometimes sketchy things like the gripper not being shown opening; I feel he had no idea how a camcorder worked and was eyeballing his nephew and the camera looking for a done signal....finally having to tell him “that’s good.”

I don’t mind having friendly banter with you guys...you all need to be shown he did it and I need to be shown he didn’t. 

Edited by slazbob

3 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

It wasn’t suddenly...Iron Mind knew about it before he certified. He only had one ..maybe two. He probably didn’t want to mention it, or was advised not to. Some guys don’t share everything to there success. I’m sure his methods he shared was good enough for a no.3 close, so that’s what he shared. Just spittin thought’s don’t want to sound like an insider🤭

19 hours ago, slazbob said:

I don’t know why you have to compare yourself to Joe. You don’t have to deep set grippers to train with them...so his handle position is fine. You have stated many times that grippers bruise your hands so working with something like the Monster isn’t something you’d be able to do- therefore knowing without a doubt, that  Joe’s close was fake is not something you’d be familiar with. 

The 60 negatives is what he did for the no.3 ...he was testing things out. When he used the Monster he did 10 - 20. As a matter that comes to mind Juha got his no.4 close after using Kinney techniques; Loan had a Kinney type of Monster, etc. and a lot of people certified on the no.3 when KTA was hot. The principals work fast- that’s the allure of it...but you can’t do all that volume that Joe mentions in the video.

i believe the guy- nobody does here...and that’s fine. It’s an old story. And with all the sometimes sketchy things like the gripper not being shown opening; I feel he had no idea how a camcorder worked and was eyeballing his nephew and the camera looking for a done signal....finally having to tell him “that’s good.”

I don’t mind having friendly banter with you guys...you all need to be shown he did it and I need to be shown he didn’t. 

The reason people certified on the #3 when KTA was hot was because you could deep set the gripper.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

I was trying to be conservative.  Lol

More like 15 reps at least!

On 7/1/2019 at 5:57 PM, Bearcat 74 said:

I’ve always been a Joe Kinney supporter and I’ve stated what I was told or witnessed. 

If I was going to lie, which I’m not prone to do, I’d be telling lies about things I’ve done. 

Heath why are you lying to us? Lol JK. Heath is one of the best gripsters out there with integrity! He will never lie especially to these childish things. Some people who try to make Heath look like a liar are just embarrassing themselves.

21 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Kinney can you help with the tax thing too if you need a help. Leaving jokes aside, I wish you the best!

19 hours ago, slazbob said:

Paul compares himself not only because he can close stronger grippers than Joe Kinney, but because even his girlfriend has a better grip than Joe Kinney (seriously). I'll bet on Paul in ANYTHING grip over Joe Kinney any day. Paul reached very strong levels because he is training right and know how to close grippers. The people who are telling Paul otherwise can't close grippers as hard as what Paul can do. But hey, @Paul Savage aren't you Joe Kinney with a mask? :D

As for Juha, no Juha did his ways later on. He learned from Paul Knight way more than Kinney. And his secret to close the #4 was from Mr. Knight. Let's not forget guys, Juha had one of the strongest crush ever. He close his 212 rated #4 here. It was such an intensity. He even broke a tooth once closing a #4. Yes that's how serious closing a #4 is. Not holding it wrongly, going slow, grinding it, talking calmly, gripper move in a weird way, not showing the close, et cetera.

Edit: Not showing the open (not close)

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If Joe wanted to be the first #4 closer, why would he wait until he could close a CoC #6 before submitting his #4 vid?  It's things like these that would keep me up at night if I believed he really closed it like that. 

He had to be able to touch the handles with a normal close for well over a year before he could dominate one like that (no set, hand way up the gripper, gripper back as far in palm as it can go, no thumb used to hook forefinger, slow motion close, 8 second hold, ground the handles in a way that would take crazy strength on its own, and talked during the close like he was squeezing a marshmallow so we know he wasn't exerting himself).

He had to have at least twice and probably three times the crush of the strongest man in the world without even trying.  I mean, all Magnuson could do was leg crush it and hold it together.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

As for Juha, no Juha did his ways later on. He learned from Paul Knight way more than Kinney. And his secret to close the #4 was from Mr. Knight. Let's not forget guys, Juha had one of the strongest crush ever. He close his 212 rated #4 here. It was such an intensity. He even broke a tooth once closing a #4. Yes that's how serious closing a #4 is. Not holding it wrongly, going slow, grinding it, talking calmly, gripper move in a weird way, not showing the close, et cetera.

^^^^^^ this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"How can we compete with the Couch thread?"

"Kinney!"

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

"How can we compete with the Couch thread?"

"Kinney!"

Its the classic exciting battle of reality vs fantasy.

In boring old reality we have to contend with pesky facts, relative comparison, and numbers. It’s so dull compared to the colorful myth and lore of hand training. 

Whatever the reqlity it’s still the best fishing story I’ve ever been told 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Its the classic exciting battle of reality vs fantasy.

In boring old reality we have to contend with pesky facts, relative comparison, and numbers. It’s so dull compared to the colorful myth and lore of hand training. 

Whatever the reqlity it’s still the best fishing story I’ve ever been told 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

Your EQ is low.  I recommend more squats to boost that.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
I put you're instead of your because I skipped that chapter in the Kinney self-help book.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

More like 15 reps at least!

Heath why are you lying to us? Lol JK. Heath is one of the best gripsters out there with integrity! He will never lie especially to these childish things. Some people who try to make Heath look like a liar are just embarrassing themselves.

Kinney can you help with the tax thing too if you need a help. Leaving jokes aside, I wish you the best!

Paul compares himself not only because he can close stronger grippers than Joe Kinney, but because even his girlfriend has a better grip than Joe Kinney (seriously). I'll bet on Paul in ANYTHING grip over Joe Kinney any day. Paul reached very strong levels because he is training right and know how to close grippers. The people who are telling Paul otherwise can't close grippers as hard as what Paul can do. But hey, @Paul Savage aren't you Joe Kinney with a mask? :D

Edit: Not showing the open (not close)

Pretty sure Juha has a road to the no.4 YouTube videos doing negatives in the power rack. ✌Scouts honor 

Edited by slazbob

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

The reason people certified on the #3 when KTA was hot was because you could deep set the gripper.

Yes, but volume and negatives were pretty standard after Joe

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:38 PM, slazbob said:

i believe the guy- nobody does here...and that’s fine. It’s an old story.

@slazbobYou are not alone, my friend. 

As you no doubt remember from the IronMind forum, I was not a believer for quite a while.  Then after talking to you, JK himself, and some other guys I trust - I became a believer.  It sounds weird to write it like that.  But he (and your input) convinced me in the long run.  And the thing is there was no gain from either of you trying to convince me.  I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things.  And Joe was extremely kind to me, even after reading some of the not super friendly things I wrote about him.  He and I have corresponded a few times privately and the topic of #4 closes is hardly ever even touched on in our chats.  That's not what made me a believer, of course.  There isn't ONE thing that made me change my mind.  More like 100 little things that when put together gave me the impression that it was very likely he did what he said he did.  I don't argue it with guys because there is no incentive to change their mind.  I believe there are things he mentions or details in his private talks with people that would very likely sway some hardcore skeptics.  He doesn't even badmouth skeptics.  I believe he is a skeptic himself, and is an incredibly bright (intelligence) guy.  Not a guy who comes off like the clichéd hillbilly that some have referenced.  Not that I have anything against hillbillys either, lol. 

Threads about JK have the "feel" of political talks with family and friends.  I rarely talk to my family about politics.  I never talk to acquaintances about politics.  Wonder why?  Many reasons, but there are religious (or lack of) reasons - I am an atheist.  Only one member of my family is not what I would consider "religious."  That member of my family, my brother Michael, is also gay.  And I think he would consider himself an atheist, also.  I guess he would be labeled a "gaytheist.":D  So I have never felt that he was eye to eye with most of our family.  I have been very gay friendly since I was a child.  This isn't saying that the family was ever "mean" to him.  But it has been "trying" for him his whole life.  One brother is a Trump supporter.  I am not.  Neither is Michael.  So, I for the most part avoid posting political Facebook "vote for Trump/against Trump"-style rants on Facebook.  This part of my post probably seems way out of place.  But I share it in good faith because I believe Joe Kinney threads could bring us all closer to that wonderful feeling when grip training was new.  When every gripper you saw - you wanted to smash it right away!  Or at least give it a shot.  And you wanted to share your knowledge of all things grip vs. arguing about who is a cheater or a faker or whatever it might be. 

A lot of guys (and some gals!) on the Gripboard are friends and some of you are family to me.  Not blood.  But still family.  And I avoid topics like this usually because I don't want to create hurt feelings or a divide that tarnishes an otherwise smooth relationship.  I added my thoughts because it felt to me like @slazbob felt a bit alone.  And maybe "ganged up" on, although I don't think he has thin skin about any of this. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, bencrush said:

As you no doubt remember from the IronMind forum, I was not a believer for quite a while.  Then after talking to you, JK himself, and some other guys I trust - I became a believer.  It sounds weird to write it like that.  But he (and your input) convinced me in the long run.  And the thing is there was no gain from either of you trying to convince me.  I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things.  And Joe was extremely kind to me, even after reading some of the not super friendly things I wrote about him.  He and I have corresponded a few times privately and the topic of #4 closes is hardly ever even touched on in our chats.  That's not what made me a believer, of course.  There isn't ONE thing that made me change my mind.  More like 100 little things that when put together gave me the impression that it was very likely he did what he said he did.  I don't argue it with guys because there is no incentive to change their mind.  I believe there are things he mentions or details in his private talks with people that would very likely sway some hardcore skeptics.  He doesn't even badmouth skeptics.  I believe he is a skeptic himself, and is an incredibly bright (intelligence) guy.  Not a guy who comes off like the clichéd hillbilly that some have referenced.  Not that I have anything against hillbillys either, lol. 

Threads about JK have the "feel" of political talks with family and friends.  I rarely talk to my family about politics.  I never talk to acquaintances about politics.  Wonder why?  Many reasons, but there are religious (or lack of) reasons - I am an atheist.  Only one member of my family is not what I would consider "religious."  That member of my family, my brother Michael, is also gay.  And I think he would consider himself an atheist, also.  I guess he would be labeled a "gaytheist.":D  So I have never felt that he was eye to eye with most of our family.  I have been very gay friendly since I was a child.  This isn't saying that the family was ever "mean" to him.  But it has been "trying" for him his whole life.  One brother is a Trump supporter.  I am not.  Neither is Michael.  So, I for the most part avoid posting political Facebook "vote for Trump/against Trump"-style rants on Facebook.  This part of my post probably seems way out of place.  But I share it in good faith because I believe Joe Kinney threads could bring us all closer to that wonderful feeling when grip training was new.  When every gripper you saw - you wanted to smash it right away!  Or at least give it a shot.  And you wanted to share your knowledge of all things grip vs. arguing about who is a cheater or a faker or whatever it might be. 

A lot of guys (and some gals!) on the Gripboard are friends and some of you are family to me.  Not blood.  But still family.  And I avoid topics like this usually because I don't want to create hurt feelings or a divide that tarnishes an otherwise smooth relationship.  I added my thoughts because it felt to me like @slazbob felt a bit alone.  And maybe "ganged up" on, although I don't think he has thin skin about any of this. 

You heathen!  🤣 

Great getting your view Ben.  At some point we passed in the night going opposite directions on this topic.  But I imagine we agree on most stuff.  Even if we didn't, I guarantee I'd still call you a friend.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Ben

i doubt any of the grown folk get their undies too tight over any of this

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Thank you, Ben! I appreciate your kind words, brother. 

Nothing would change for me if most on here came to the dark side and believed Joe’s story...I certainly would want them to have that hope that you can achieve that type of crush. It’s all been civil and I certainly respect their feelings. 

Bader saying Joe was weaker than Paul’s gal was a little silly, but all and all...this has been a decent Kinney thread. Ahem—Coleman thread.

a guy that plans a hoax isn’t going to build all that equipment, send progress reports/pictures- that, even tho in the newer video he said he didn’t use it, his pictures of his no.4 closes had chalked hands. for months...go through the trouble of building a squat bar...and a concrete platform...make concrete weights

There is pictures of him closing the no.3 with two fingers with no strain on his face...guess he had a fake no.3 as well? 😄 also busting cans with his hands- Magnus used his chest! I personally haven’t seen anyone do it Joe’s way ...someone show me please!

they’ll say it was all planned to fake it and sell videos ...if that’s the case he’s nuts and a genius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bencrush said:

Ben, that is very nice that you are able to put your opinion 100% our there, and then some. Thank you for the post. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You're EQ is low.  I recommend more squats to boost that.

Your grammar is not correct. I recommend English tutoring from Joe Kinney. 

• Haha 2