Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

4 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Doesn't mean much? Wow. Which company are you leading now? Apple Inc? A hobbyist carpenter is better than a professional one? Boy stay on Kinney's subject. Don't beat around the bush. Show us your Coleman style close on a #3 after doing a MMS. That's within this subject.

Steve Jobs dropped out of college, so did Bill Gates. Successful managers and company CEOs are born, education is just an icing of the cake, if even needed. And I'm saying that as someone who's completed college with 4.0 GPA and I'm not able to make a living out of my profession, which I'm an expert at, because I'm not good at marketing and don't have a business personality. My brother-in-law owns multiple companies, and he's living in Dubai, he started his 1st business when he was 14, it was unstoppable. I know people who have completed the same college as I did, and know very little, they learned enough to pass the exams and are very successful financially, and most people would say they are good coaches, while they are straight up garbage. They are just really good at making what they do seem good, and making clueless people believe it.

Sorry for the off topic. 

I didn't read trough the whole tread, but I've read trough some stuff written here. When a man has a single suspicious feat or claim, that's alright. But when everything that someone claimed borders lunacy - that's a problem, and that man's probably a fraud.

About the Brazilian chick Gracyanne Barbosa, why even talk about the weights, her entire body is fake - lips, buttocks, breasts, face... I don't even believe that she was brought up.

10 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

When a man has a single suspicious feat or claim, that's alright. But when everything that someone claimed borders lunacy - that's a problem, and that man's probably a fraud.

This.

When everything a man claims to do, in multiple disciplines, is way way above what any other human can do, then you have to start doubting them at some point unless they have convincing proof.

Joe would have gotten away without any doubters if he would have just posted up a video of a normal close.  He instead it's an edited video of him toying with it like it's a trainer.  Then claims he did 440 x 60 Hatfield squats every day before breakfast, which would make him stronger than any squatter in the world.  Finally, he claims to two different Captains of Crush that he can toss an Inch dumbbell back and forth, which would make him the greatest thick handled dumbell guy of all time.

I know he later qualified how the squats were done (still would have killed a normal human) and also said he never did the Inches and didn't claim to.  Almost like someone told him that he was getting a little out of control with the claims and pushing credibility.  Of course he's calling Heath and the other gentleman liars.  I choose to believe Heath.

At some point, you just have to call Shenanigans and say, "prove it."  Something he was never willing to do even though he was given many chances at the time.

In my opinion, you really have to suspend all reason to believe that #4 close was real at this point. 

P.S. did anyone ever see him close the dumpster spring in person?  Or is his strongest close in front of someone still just a #2?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Steve Jobs dropped out of college, so did Bill Gates. Successful managers and company CEOs are born, education is just an icing of the cake, if even needed. And I'm saying that as someone who's completed college with 4.0 GPA and I'm not able to make a living out of my profession, which I'm an expert at, because I'm not good at marketing and don't have a business personality. My brother-in-law owns multiple companies, and he's living in Dubai, he started his 1st business when he was 14, it was unstoppable. I know people who have completed the same college as I did, and know very little, they learned enough to pass the exams and are very successful financially, and most people would say they are good coaches, while they are straight up garbage. They are just really good at making what they do seem good, and making clueless people believe it.

Sorry for the off topic. 

I didn't read trough the whole tread, but I've read trough some stuff written here. When a man has a single suspicious feat or claim, that's alright. But when everything that someone claimed borders lunacy - that's a problem, and that man's probably a fraud.

About the Brazilian chick Gracyanne Barbosa, why even talk about the weights, her entire body is fake - lips, buttocks, breasts, face... I don't even believe that she was brought up.

Yes drop out of good universities because their business were already good. You are talking about the likes of Jobs, Gates, Zuckerberg, et cetera and forgetting the millions homeless with no jobs because lack of education. It is really frightening there are guys out there pushing for no education. Yeah you told me that on Instagram your in law lives here in Dubai (was it you?). But then again education is the key for the general. Some seem they won't regret not going to university. But hey that's fine. Regretting needs age and wisdom which is clearly lacking here to the some.

As for you, where do you live? You can have 4.0 GPA but with no job in lets say Niger or Somalia. Education, true education will not send you to those countries, but you should go to a country who respects your education. Give a 2 year old gold and he won't be entertained. But give him a sweet and he will be super happy. Why you don't work with your brother in law here in Dubai? Dubai is good (except for its summer), we can train together, and enjoy the food here 😉

Finally, you said it. If someone claiming he is the strongest person in recorded history then hmmmm

47 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Bader- you have the best collection! I’m super jealous of the steel handled no.4

Lol who told you that. Its harder than a brick! Joe Kinney had those at first and toyed with it. Doubts upon doubts.

• Like 1

Do you know what's funny? In the recent video on my CoC #3 you can see both behind me. Yeah maybe you didn't know this about me, but you will find most grip thing around the world is with me here in Dubai 😎 I am a collector too. Yep even bought both if Joe Kinney monster and little minster gripper. There is almost no grip implement not within my reach. And if I don't have it, yet I want it, I wish and it comes 😎@Alawadhi

I  know you have a lot! 😁 ,  . I’ve seen your Christmas videos I like to call! of you opening boxes and boxes of grip stuff.  

So that mean your going to rate the Monster!? 

Edited by Roger Roberson

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Lol who told you that. Its harder than a brick! Joe Kinney had those at first and toyed with it. Doubts upon doubts.

I remember you showing it to Jedd in one of the videos from Dubai...I’m thinking it was Jedd...maybe Juha. You guys were in a car.

and Joe came after the steel handles. They were ‘92-‘93 ish

Edited by slazbob

9 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Do you know what's funny? In the recent video on my CoC #3 you can see both behind me. Yeah maybe you didn't know this about me, but you will find most grip thing around the world is with me here in Dubai 😎 I am a collector too. Yep even bought both if Joe Kinney monster and little minster gripper. There is almost no grip implement not within my reach. And if I don't have it, yet I want it, I wish and it comes 😎@Alawadhi

I  know you have a lot! 😁 ,  . I’ve seen your Christmas videos I like to call! of you opening boxes and boxes of grip stuff.  

So that mean your going to rate the Monster!? 

Lol. Will do. But that thing is like CoC #5 I am telling you.

7 hours ago, slazbob said:

I remember you showing it to Jedd in one of the videos from Dubai...I’m thinking it was Jedd...maybe Juha. You guys were in a car.

and Joe came after the steel handles. They were ‘92-‘93 ish

I showed to both Juha and Jedd. But the car one was Juha. Yeah Joe came later but I remember somewhere reading he closed the steel one first.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slazbob said:

The Kinney story will only make sense to you...(if you’re open to it) when you focus on the Monster Gripper. I’m here doing it and low on the handles and barely, if at all, get them to touch. I was probably around 210lbs. Here. This was also around the time of my easy no.3 close. And getting the 3.5 down very close. I only did negatives - with closes as warmups and to test my progress.

Joe told me I was a bit too far down the handles- and to stay away from the sharp end. Now, going up an inch or two made it impossible to touch the handles. 

Now, Joe got to where he could force it shut and pull it out of the wall and confirm it being shut. If/ or when he got to that point, the no.4 close you see on the video would have happened exactly that way. He would have melted it...as you recall- he did. 

So don’t focus on the no.4 close, try and figure out if he did the shut and hold of the Monster. Then it would all make sense to you....or some of you.

284E8512-A5AB-4A03-87B3-50BECBA58404.MOV

I don't think any thoughts of any other gripper are really needed here, just a touch of common sense is all it takes. He's essentially claimed he could certify a coc #5 under the rules, using awful technique. That would mean he could probably no set #4 for 15-20 reps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

You seem to be too emotionally invested in this subject for some reason to grasp what I'm trying to say. Completely missing the point. Whatever.

Peace :calm

56 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

I don't think any thoughts of any other gripper are really needed here, just a touch of common sense is all it takes. He's essentially claimed he could certify a coc #5 under the rules, using awful technique. That would mean he could probably no set #4 for 15-20 reps.

You’re wrong, Paul 🤫

31 minutes ago, slazbob said:

You’re wrong, Paul 🤫

Any gripper you can do an 8 second hold with ease, while grinding the handles; you can do multiple reps on.  Maybe not 15-20, but certainly at least 5.  Easy.

Of course, that means you would have to show the gripper actually open back up after a close.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Any gripper you can do an 8 second hold with ease, while grinding the handles; you can do multiple reps on.  Maybe not 15-20, but certainly at least 5.  Easy.

Of course, that means you would have to show the gripper actually open back up after a close.

Totally agree and am proof of this statement.

Curious. Who said Joe Kinney could “toss” an Inch Dumbbell?

Where did the word pop up? 

Video somewhere? Did Heath say he could “toss” the Inch? Did Joe tell him that?

Phone call to someone? Text? Randy Strossen? Timmy? Joe Roark?

I have been wrong before on this thread. I’d like to see where it first appeared.

For the record, i once hurled the Inch, i mean, hurled on the Inch.

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, Bearcat 74 said:

Jedd,

Joe told me on more than one occasion he could pass the Inch from hand to hand.  The day we met I bought an Inch DB from him.   He talked about it some and said he used to be able to pass it hand to hand.  Having fooled with an Inch some the idea of hand to hand back and forth would require excellent strength.  

I messed with it some and eventually sold it to Sean Dockery when he passed through one summer.  I showed him what I payed for it and if Doc was interested he could have it for the same price.  I think it was $250, but it has been a long time.  

@Hubgeezer, Heath said it in this thread.  See above. 

There is also another post in this thread of him making the same claim to another certified COC named Strativarius.  I will go back and find it.  He made the claims... unless, of course you think Heath is a liar.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

stratavarious_connection   

• Certified Captain of Crush
  •  
  •  
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Alawadhi,

Joe Kinney told me quite some time ago that he could pass the Inch from hand to hand. I didn't see him do it personally, therefore I'll let you decide as to whether or not he did do it.

@Hubgeezer, here ya go Mike.  That's two certified CoCs saying that Joe told him he could do this.  Heath said Joe told him this on multiple occasions.  Either Joe lied or they did.  My money would be on Grey Scale Joe as being the fibber, but what do i know??? 

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Either you believe in Santa Claus or you don't.  At this point, if you're a grown man and still believe, there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.  You have looked at all the facts, understand that for Santa to really deliver all those presents that the laws of physics would have to be suspended, and have made a conscious decision to go with your heart and say, "I believe!" That's cool.  I can't "prove" that Santa doesn't exist.

Somebody in the thread said that people with a higher EQ than IQ are more happy.  I was happier when I was 5 and believed in Santa and the Easter bunny, so I guess this is a true statement.  If it makes you happy to believe that Joe Kinney was the greatest strength athlete of our (or any) generation, then more power to you.  Who am I to shatter that.  I'm certainly not going to tell my 3 yo that Santa is a myth.

I certainly suspend rationality when agreeing with my wife on various subjects that suspend reality.  A happy wife equals a happy life.  :D  Amazing how that woman is always right......

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve always been a Joe Kinney supporter and I’ve stated what I was told or witnessed. 

If I was going to lie, which I’m not prone to do, I’d be telling lies about things I’ve done. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

I’ve always been a Joe Kinney supporter and I’ve stated what I was told or witnessed. 

If I was going to lie, which I’m not prone to do, I’d be telling lies about things I’ve done. 

I get it. How big was that large mouth?  I know I've stretched the length on a couple browns I've netted.  Lol.

I believe everything you've posted Heath.  Like you said; why would a Kinney supporter make stuff up.  

Are you still doing any grip?  I know I'd rather be hunting and fishing over squeezing grippers any day of the week.  

• Like 1

I still train some.  I use 3” Iron Bull handles on pretty much everything except squats and OHP. I’ve not trained grippers in several years. I still some some wrist stuff, hammer levers and what not.  

I resigned from coaching in January so now I have more time to hunt and fish. 

I’m a has been all the way around now, lol. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, slazbob said:

You’re wrong, Paul 🤫

No I'm not, he doesn't even know where to position the gripper in his hand, has no idea of the proper technique working his fingers on etc He also doesn't have a clue how to train for grippers, his methods make you go backwards or get you injured. I on the other hand do know proper technique and I do know how to train grippers, why? Because i've actually closed the thing! I could maybe, MAYBE do what he did with a #2.5, an I've done 30 no set reps with it.

It didn't happen, I don't believe the gripper in his video is even = to a #2.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You would be able to do way more than 5, try it, slow close with the gripper too far back in your hands, all fingers on the gripper from the off and grind the heck out of the handles at the end whilst talking. I've probably even underestimated it as I'm sure I can't do that with a #3.

Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

I still train some.  I use 3” Iron Bull handles on pretty much everything except squats and OHP. I’ve not trained grippers in several years. I still some some wrist stuff, hammer levers and what not.  

I resigned from coaching in January so now I have more time to hunt and fish. 

I’m a has been all the way around now, lol. 

Anybody who spends their time hunting and fishing is a genius, not a has been!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

You would be able to do way more than 5, try it, slow close with the gripper too far back in your hands, all fingers on the gripper from the off and grind the heck out of the handles at the end whilst talking. I've probably even underestimated it as I'm sure I can't do that with a #3.

I was trying to be conservative.  Lol

5 no set reps of a #4 would still be so far above what any human has accomplished, that it strains the bounds of credibility way past the breaking point.  Either he was 3 times stronger than any human ever, or it didn't happen.  I can't prove he wasn't, but I have my doubts.  Lol

2 hours ago, Bearcat 74 said:

Heath-

when Joe gave you the Monster did he tell you it’s something he used to close the no.4? I don’t think it was mentioned for a while after his time.