Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

6 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

No he said his bone structure was permanently changed from heavy grippers 

so heavier than the 4?

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

Ya know, Mike...this is the first time I’ve really had some doubts.

no matter which angle I look at my no.4 I cannot get the dot to look as obvious as that. I think I’m nauseous...this one is the best I can get 

🤮

3CE81C54-A68D-4838-86D3-8A68D154C8B4.jpeg

Edited by slazbob

7 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Ya know, Mike...this is the first time I’ve really had some doubts.

no matter which angle I look at my no.4 I cannot get the dot to look as obvious as that. I think I’m nauseous...this one is the best I can get 

🤮

3CE81C54-A68D-4838-86D3-8A68D154C8B4.jpeg

Sorry bro.  Who knows?

Yeah...it’s a small hole. Nothing like the little dot I have. Even with shadow I cannot make it that obvious. I’ve heard the spring is almost impossible to take off an Iron Mind gripper without blackening the handle 

16 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Yeah...it’s a small hole. Nothing like the little dot I have. Even with shadow I cannot make it that obvious. I’ve heard the spring is almost impossible to take off an Iron Mind gripper without blackening the handle 

Maybe not if you go from the inside...

Good investigative work though.  Thanks!

all I know is no one has gotten close to doing that with a #4 since and lots of guys have trained hard for it. as someone who has closed a couple 4s, I would need to see it to believe it

Edited by Chez

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Maybe not if you go from the inside...

Good investigative work though.  Thanks!

I even used the zoom haha

How weak can he make a gripper from one side? The no.4 stamped handle looks normal. I wonder if Randall has noticed the hole...I’m going to look at the Milo cover to see if it’s in the picture 

10 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Just checked the Milo cover...looks just like mine. 😅 was worried. Must be a massive shadow. 

Or a different gripper...

I just watched it again.  If it is a shadow, It defies the laws of physics.  The angle of the gripper changes but the hole/shadow remains the same.  Weird huh?

Edited by Mike Rinderle

38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Or a different gripper...

I just watched it again.  If it is a shadow, It defies the laws of physics.  The angle of the gripper changes but the hole/shadow remains the same.  Weird huh?

There is no denying it...

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 6:42 AM, Alawadhi said:

Which I said before, show him a legit set. I guess a 3.5 would be closed easily.

Yes that too! The thumb help a TON.

Yeah I did the #2 after my MMG2 and boy I could not. And the MMG2 is harder than the hardest #3 (I guess, feels around 168 RGC to me based on the calibrated grippers I have) but yet I didn't do a #2 in Coleman style.

Haven’t you listened to Randall? Deep sets don’t build full range power😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

Haven’t you listened to Randall? Deep sets don’t build full range power😎

Ya, they never worked for me either.......🤥

• Haha 2

I don’t really care too much about the dot/hole. There’s no way of finding out whether it actually was a hole or not.

If I wanted to fake a gripper close, I for sure wouldn’t do it in a way that would leave any suspicious markings on the gripper.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chez said:

Ya, they never worked for me either.......🤥

Well, you close grippers that could be heard across the gym! So now I know you’re lying 🧐

2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I don’t really care too much about the dot/hole. There’s no way of finding out whether it actually was a hole or not.

If I wanted to fake a gripper close, I for sure wouldn’t do it in a way that would leave any suspicious markings on the gripper.

No, you would have edited all that stuff out like you did on all your horseshoe videos.  No wonder you finally won the war between Cletus and The Fish!  Cheater!  

9 hours ago, slazbob said:

Okay, picture of mine playing with editing/shadowing. And Joe’s. Looks similar, agreement?

758EA926-05B0-4BF3-B547-CB8ADACB9270.jpeg

CE0E7A7E-43C0-43DF-A5AA-4AA4BC33F609.png

Close enough for me to say that there is not conclusive proof to continue worrying about the hole conspiracy.  May be there.  May not.  Nobody will ever be able to say.  Especially after your very nice investigation with the 55" monitor!  Much appreciated. 

I wish he hadn't edited in all the grey scale effect.  That could be the issue for sure.  

15 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Close enough for me to say that there is not conclusive proof to continue worrying about the hole conspiracy.  May be there.  May not.  Nobody will ever be able to say.  Especially after your very nice investigation with the 55" monitor!  Much appreciated. 

I wish he hadn't edited in all the grey scale effect.  That could be the issue for sure.  

Yes, sir! Agree there isn’t really anything there to look further.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Instead of selling gripper videos, JK should have sold courses on how to learn to be proficient at language and become a tax genius in a few months between squat sessions.   He could have been a millionaire and upended our entire education system.

Definitely a missed opportunity.  

I agree

On 6/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

To the original topic, I think at my strongest on grippers about 9 years ago (180ish mms), I might have closed a 2.5 or a very, very easy #3 in the style Ronnie tried.  Maybe.  

I will train tonight. In few hours actually. Will try and #3 the normal way and Mr. Coleman's way. Let's see. Will video and post it.

On 6/27/2019 at 6:46 PM, Paul Savage said:

Alawadhi - Lolz me being Joe Kinney is not far fetched, it's impossible. I've competed in two national championships, two European championships, three world championships, plus a lot of other comps, and I have put a boat load of videos on YouTube and Instagram. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure people know what I look like, and I'm pretty sure it's not like Joe Kinney. I'd guess the person that told you that had one too many beers prior to or is a couple branches short of a tree. I'd be much more likely to be Batman.

A mask perhaps? :shifty

On 6/27/2019 at 10:05 PM, David_wigren said:

I know Ken is respected by many in the powerlifting community. I know he is/was an ackomplished athlete and influencer. However, I’m almost completely certain that the plates used in this video are fake. The way the whole stack of plates rotate from just him resting his hand on them toward the end of the video. Real weights just don’t move and behave like that. That’s supposedly 180 lbs on the end of that bar that is accelerated instantly from a dead stop, just by resting him resting his arm on it. I don’t buy it. 

I agree

Look at my video which I took it maybe a month or so back in China sent to my friend @Joseph Sullivan. @Hubgeezer do you believe I C&K 692 KG on an axle? Or perhaps 200LBS dumbbells clean and press in each hand?

On 6/27/2019 at 10:08 PM, David_wigren said:

This is how I expect 405 lbs squats to look like - Heavy, with the bar bending and with the weight clearly effecting the sway and movement of the lifters body . 

Yep

On 6/28/2019 at 2:07 AM, Shal9097 said:

He preached negatives and beyond the range grippers. How many people on here got to where they could close a #3 using negatives and filed grippers? 

99% got injured badly by using his methods. The insane negatives will just ruin your hands. Hmmm isn't your location same as where the Woods are from or where from?

On 6/28/2019 at 2:46 AM, Shal9097 said:

The only times a post gets a lot of comments or views on this site is when a bickering match breaks out. Post a question as a newbie and it either gets ignored or you get told to do a search through the old posts, like that wasn’t the first thing you tried to begin with. And I could search the gripboard without becoming a member. I joined so that I could ask specific questions and get straight answers from some people who know more than I do. But those people either just sit back and watch without saying anything, bicker and argue like a bunch of old women going through the change, or stop getting on here altogether because of an injury or they just got tired of the bullshit. If it keeps up like this, then this site is going to die once Wannagrip decides he doesn’t want to fool with it anymore because you guys do way more to scare people away from grip than get them more involved 

Nope this site is here for 2 decades. And those people who you assume just sit back sponsor the board, sponsor grip in general, compete, help others, produces grip materials to help others like books, e-books, and DVD's. Oh yeah pump money into the sport. What have you done which surpass it?

On 6/28/2019 at 6:37 AM, slazbob said:

I did this with the no.3 just a month of playing with the Monster Gripper. I was close before that, but not near this close at all! Of course didn’t last and got tired of heavy training all the time. Probably better pacing and goal setting would have got the 3.5 to do this. Kinney doubters don’t give the Monster and Joe the credit...very powerful and fast way to do it...just need better planing than I, and most Kinney training dropouts.

2E715AAD-CC90-442E-9289-E2656AEF73E8.MOV

Good close! But that's newbie gains buddy. Careful don't end up hurting yourself assuming you follow JK real training. Yes many people who were close on the #4 got injured.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:08 AM, Hopefully said:

Absolutely. Far from impossible though. 

I mean, haven't you met educated people who relatively suck at what they do? Education, in my personal opinion, doesn't mean much at all and it doesn't necessarily reflect ones competence. There are much more important factors. 

Oh my God!!! So not being educated will make you sit in the White House? Or becoming your country next Minister of Finance? Perhaps a university professor at the very least? Let the like's of Harvard University shut down because education in your opinion has no much value. Oh yeah Harvard is older the United States just FYI.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:54 PM, David_wigren said:

What are some of your opinions on this girl?

My opinion is that the spotters are super happy. :turn

On 6/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, David_wigren said:

I’d say she’s pretty known for her strength. With 7.8 million followers I’d say she’s more known for her strength than all of us on the entire board combined. 

I’m not sure she has done any competitions or actually trained with anyone who could objectively verify those plates to be authentic. But that doesn’t matter. Her training partner will of course verify them as real plates. And that’s all the evidence needed, right?

This!

On 6/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, Hubgeezer said:

Your post here, in many ways, causes one to dig deeply into how we make decisions in our lives on a daily basis. When one has some degree of knowledge on a subject, and something seemingly ridiculous occurs, we immediately reject it as fake, and then move on with our lives. Or, in this case, my own reaction is to want to reach for my telephone and call my formerly Elite Powerlifter son (665 or 670 DL at 220lbs. a few years ago) to see what he knows about her - - or what “Smelly” of Bigger Stronger Faster thinks of her (my kid is one degree of separation from him). I would probably hear she was a fraud, then move on. Life is too short to spend on silly matters. We usually rely on our own expertise in how we go about our lives, and when something is beyond our own expertise, we either study it further, or seek someone who has some perceived level of expertise. But we usually value our personal time, so we don’t waste much energy on dumb things.

And, when it is not a dumb thing, and everyone moves on...

I am a good guy. Word is bond. I am strong. Look here

On 6/28/2019 at 4:43 PM, David_wigren said:

Why would you call your son? How would your son or “Smelly” know if she is a fraud or not? They don’t have any evidence of her being a fraud. Why would you choose to believe them over her and her training partners? If you want to be consistent to your own chosen logic you have to take her word and accept her lifts as true. 

What would it take for you to believe her? A few personal texts? A phone conversation where she seems nice? 

Maybe he believe's those lift I've done? But I still haven't texted anyone yet.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Why would you believe 1 and doubt the other?  I haven't texted with her, but she seems like a very nice girl.  I understand that she is also fond of saying, "word is bond."

Word is bond!

On 6/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, David_wigren said:

Ok, so if she seems intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic - then the weights were real? Got it.

LOL!!!

On 6/29/2019 at 12:10 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

Good catch. But hole or not this did NOT happen. Period. He only closed a #2 in front of someone. Couldn't even close a #3.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:28 AM, Cannon said:

That palm handle position looks like Ronnie's. 

[goes and hides]

There you are!!! LOL

On 6/29/2019 at 5:51 AM, Chez said:

all I know is no one has gotten close to doing that with a #4 since and lots of guys have trained hard for it. as someone who has closed a couple 4s, I would need to see it to believe it

I would love to see someone doing that to a #3.5. No shaking. Gripper not really under the thumb. Talking casually and grinding it to dusk. A 70KG man who claimed to be the strongest athlEAT$$$ in recorded history (yes his 200KG squat alone is up there).

On 6/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, David_wigren said:

Exactly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Kinney story will only make sense to you...(if you’re open to it) when you focus on the Monster Gripper. I’m here doing it and low on the handles and barely, if at all, get them to touch. I was probably around 210lbs. Here. This was also around the time of my easy no.3 close. And getting the 3.5 down very close. I only did negatives - with closes as warmups and to test my progress.

Joe told me I was a bit too far down the handles- and to stay away from the sharp end. Now, going up an inch or two made it impossible to touch the handles. 

Now, Joe got to where he could force it shut and pull it out of the wall and confirm it being shut. If/ or when he got to that point, the no.4 close you see on the video would have happened exactly that way. He would have melted it...as you recall- he did. 

So don’t focus on the no.4 close, try and figure out if he did the shut and hold of the Monster. Then it would all make sense to you....or some of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

The Kinney story will only make sense to you...(if you’re open to it) when you focus on the Monster Gripper. I’m here doing it and low on the handles and barely, if at all, get them to touch. I was probably around 210lbs. Here. This was also around the time of my easy no.3 close. And getting the 3.5 down very close. I only did negatives - with closes as warmups and to test my progress.

Joe told me I was a bit too far down the handles- and to stay away from the sharp end. Now, going up an inch or two made it impossible to touch the handles. 

Now, Joe got to where he could force it shut and pull it out of the wall and confirm it being shut. If/ or when he got to that point, the no.4 close you see on the video would have happened exactly that way. He would have melted it...as you recall- he did. 

So don’t focus on the no.4 close, try and figure out if he did the shut and hold of the Monster. Then it would all make sense to you....or some of you.

I wish someone would rate one of those ! Not one like@Alawadhi has either, said his isn’t hard at all..

Edited by Roger Roberson

27 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

I wish someone would rate one of those ! Not one like@Alawadhi has either said his isn’t hard at all..

He might have the smaller one which is pretty strong itself. Mine is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, slazbob said:

284E8512-A5AB-4A03-87B3-50BECBA58404.MOV

Look at me, still able to close a #3 using a wide set and make a Ronnie Coleman attempt 😎

4 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

I wish someone would rate one of those ! Not one like@Alawadhi has either, said his isn’t hard at all..

Do you know what's funny? In the recent video on my CoC #3 you can see both behind me. Yeah maybe you didn't know this about me, but you will find most grip thing around the world is with me here in Dubai 😎 I am a collector too. Yep even bought both if Joe Kinney monster and little minster gripper. There is almost no grip implement not within my reach. And if I don't have it, yet I want it, I wish and it comes 😎

52 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Hm, I thought my point was quite clear given the context. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Although a proper education is necessary for the most part if you want to have a good career, seeing as that is the norm (and of course, an effective way to learn) having one doesn't automatically mean that you are good at what you do. You can be a lousy psychiatrist for example, even though you have spent a decade in school. Or a bad carpenter compared to a hobbyist, even though you are 'educated'.

Granted, graduating from Harward most likely mean that you have half a brain, but it still doesn't automatically mean that you are competent. That would be quite naive imo. 

If I were to hire someone I would look for the most competent applicant, not the one with the most prestigious education. They don't, necessarily, go hand in hand. I realize this perhaps isn't the norm in the states for example where what school you went to seem to be a very important variable. 

So if I were to rephrase (as I should after re-reading what I wrote) I would say that education, by itself, doesn't mean much. 

Doesn't mean much? Wow. Which company are you leading now? Apple Inc? A hobbyist carpenter is better than a professional one? Boy stay on Kinney's subject. Don't beat around the bush. Show us your Coleman style close on a #3 after doing a MMS. That's within this subject.

• Like 1