Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

@Bearcat 74 did the #4 Joe showed you have holes in it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Isn't it just the stamped number 4 that looks like a hole because of bad resolution and shadows? 

Could be.  

I just marvel at his patience.  I mean the guy could obviously close the #4 for a looooong time before he was able to do a no set close with an 8 second hold, while grinding the grippers.  Man I would have been worried I might get hurt and never close one again or someone might submit a close before me.  I would have sent a vid the first time I touched those handles.  But not ol Joe.  He waited until he could do things no human before or since has gotten within 80 miles of.  That's bawls right there.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Good ole Kinney fun, Good stuff. Poor guy

How much money did Poor ol Joe "the tax man" Kinney make off of that close.  I'm sure he made a lot more than I made off Hammering Horseshoes and I did alright.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

That palm handle position looks like Ronnie's. 

[goes and hides]

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That palm handle position looks like Ronnie's. 

[goes and hides]

Joe literally Ronnie Coleman'd that #4 and ground the handles for several seconds.

I blame you for all this Matt.  Bwahaha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

@Bearcat 74 did the #4 Joe showed you have holes in it?

None that I saw.  

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed but I think I would have noticed holes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

None that I saw.  

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed but I think I would have noticed holes.  

Thanks Heath.  Thought so.  Lol

My #4 close didn’t have any holes on the bottom of the handles. That’s how you know it is legit!

AB76BB00-F85F-4036-B332-BE6D4828BA6B.png

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

The “INB4 steroids” thing was at the bottom of the picture and I did not realize it was there when I posted it. Not claiming roids. I just google image searched Ronnie Coleman 

1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

My #4 close didn’t ha e any holes on the bottom of the handles. That’s how you know it is legit!

You’re gonna poke an eye out playing like that 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shal9097 said:

The “INB4 steroids” thing was at the bottom of the picture and I did not realize it was there when I posted it. Not claiming roids. I just google image searched Ronnie Coleman 

S Word 

795DAF17-DEEC-4415-AA3B-1A1FE4C16B60.png

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

You don’t have to claim them... we all know what’s what 

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

You don’t have to claim them... we all know what’s what 

I mean I don’t claim Joe was juicing. He made his own juice 😉

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Kool aid flavor?

Epic!!

44 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

My #4 close didn’t have any holes on the bottom of the handles. That’s how you know it is legit!

You win the innerwebs. 

40 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Here’s mine from the same year, it’s a dot that probably stood out in the lowlight of the shed

6F79A266-24AB-4A9A-8EEF-638B85335D53.jpeg

0C5C515F-10D8-4A49-AFDA-817907AA11DB.jpeg

Could be for sure but they look about 10X bigger in the video.  I guess that could be due to the extremely low light and the grey scale editing.  I am no video genius, that's for sure.

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Kool aid flavor?

Tropicana!

0 a 9db0bd151a652bbb345a411cb17c1ca60191c4b6ae39.jpg

19 hours ago, db2000 said:

using his systems? same reps and sets?

No, not really....I did in the beginning, just like a lot of guys. I’d do 60 negatives.

Joe told me he was doing around 10 or 15 with the Monster. I really believe when he was working with the no.3 he would cheat it shut for all the reps he mentioned. Same with the grip machine, Secret weapon. He mentioned in the video that for those who just have the spring loaded grippers this was the workout he did before he started making his own equipment. So, lost in translation:  he didn’t mention the Monster so he had to tell you what he was doing when he first started. Add to that he dropped the volume using the Monster ...and he didn’t mention it, so he couldn’t tell us less volume. and a lot of guys got burned out doing that volume. Pure speculation on my part but it fits in my head 🤓

and from what I can recall about the gripper being stolen from his truck...it was after he’d sent the pictures so Randall sent him a new one, and that’s the one in the video.

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Could be for sure but they look about 10X bigger in the video.  I guess that could be due to the extremely low light and the grey scale editing.  I am no video genius, that's for sure.

So does the gripper and his hand...just one of them old camcorders