Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

When one has some degree of knowledge on a subject, and something seemingly ridiculous occurs, we immediately reject it as fake, and then move on with our lives. 

I believe that is exactly what happened with Kinney.  Honestly her video, while being way more entertaining than JK's, is actually closer to what the strongest women on the planet can do than the bigfoot video close was to what the strongest gripsters in the world (including WSM Magnus) have been able to accomplish with a legit #4.

Why would you believe 1 and doubt the other?  I haven't texted with her, but she seems like a very nice girl.  I understand that she is also fond of saying, "word is bond."

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

There are many other videos of her squatting.

Yes, I'm currently studying them closely to check their veracity.  Be back in about 30 minutes...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I believe that is exactly what happened with Kinney.  Honestly her video, while being way more entertaining than JK's, is actually closer to what the strongest women on the planet can do than the bigfoot video close was to what the strongest gripsters in the world (including WSM Magnus) have been able to accomplish with a legit #4.

Why would you believe 1 and doubt the other?  I haven't texted with her, but she seems like a very nice girl.  I understand that she is also fond of saying, "word is bond."

She’s also been lifting and posting her training for longer than what Joe did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

There are many other videos of her squatting. The heaviest I’ve seen is a set of 495 lbs for 10 reps, using plates that actually look more realistic than the ones in the clip I posted. 

Personally. I would say she’s obviously using fake plates. If she wants her lifts to be taken serious she needs to go to a powerlifting or strongman competition or in the very least meet up and train with some serious lifters. But according to the logic that have been presented by some of the guys in this thread, it’s not up to her to prove to us that the weights are real, it’s up to us to prove that they are fake. And if we can’t prove that they are fake, we have to accept it as truth.

It’s like all the people nowadays that say they are something they aren’t, and you must comply to the delusion, or be labeled hateful  or sued. How dare you say the obvious and call someone out on a delusion....  but I digress.... so, any others we think can close the gripper like Ronnie “light weight, BABY” Coleman?? 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It’s like all the people nowadays that say they are something they aren’t, and you must comply to the delusion, or be labeled hateful  or sued. How dare you say the obvious and call someone out on a delusion....  but I digress.... so, any others we think can close the gripper like Ronnie “light weight, BABY” Coleman?? 

I can.

Signed: Brad Castleberry 

• Haha 1

it’s kinda like the whole Paul Anderson thing. Where ppl started doubting his weight cause no one else could do what he was doin. Before the steroid era that is.

he did squats through the day, think it was sets of 2-3 reps with insane amounts of weight. 

I don’t have all the facts though,  I’m sure someone on here does but.

anyhow I can’t prove joe did what he did but I can’t replicate his exact training either though,  I get injured a lot trying to do so. So I’ve tweaked it alittle and seeing some results slowly here and there. It’s something to try to reach for anyhow 😁

24 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

it’s kinda like the whole Paul Anderson thing. Where ppl started doubting his weight cause no one else could do what he was doin. Before the steroid era that is.

he did squats through the day, think it was sets of 2-3 reps with insane amounts of weight. 

anyhow I can’t prove joe did what he did but I can’t replicate his exact training either though,  I get injured a lot trying to do so. So I’ve tweaked it alittle and seeing some results slowly here and there. It’s something to try to reach for anyhow 😁

@Roark did a great investigation on Paul's backlift claim.  He pretty much proved it couldn't have been what he claimed.  Joe Roark, if you are unfamiliar with him, is the preeminent iron historian on the planet.

Note: he was also the one who set up getting Kinney's gripper calibrated by PDA so he could get rid of the naysayers.  Sadly, JK "lost" the gripper.  I guess he must have "found" it so he could show it to Heath a few years later.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

You just aren't squatting enough.  If you're not doing at least 400 lb Hatfield squats for 60 reps every day, there is no way your body can make enough steroids to handle the rigors of Kinney's training program.   You have to squat every day for over a year.  Anything less and you have only yourself to blame. 😉

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You just aren't squatting enough.  If you're not doing at least 400 lb Hatfield squats for 60 reps every day, there is no way your body can make enough steroids to handle the rigors of Kinney's training program.   You have to squat every day for over a year.  Anything less and you have only yourself to blame. 😉

Yeah I Tryed the squatting , Sadly I don’t have a good form for it all . Had to stop was killing my back I tend to lean forward when I get in the hole . 

So I just went to vertical leg press quarter reps 😁.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Yeah I Tryed the squatting , Sadly I don’t have a good form for it all . Had to stop was killing my back I tend to lean forward when I get in the hole . 

So I just went to vertical leg press quarter reps 😁.  

Stack them plates on!  

Nobody:

Joe Kinney: The bones in my fingers bent from closing grippers.

13 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Nobody:

I mean hes not really wrong, everything is a spring and can bend. Whether you can perceive it or not is another question tho I have heard high level bench presses mention feeling their arms bend, no way to know if that's real or not. 

15 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I mean hes not really wrong, everything is a spring and can bend. Whether you can perceive it or not is another question tho I have heard high level bench presses mention feeling their arms bend, no way to know if that's real or not. 

At my age, my bone bends slightly more than it used to.  Oh.  Wait.  Different conversation.  Thought this was the EDBoard.  You should see the arguments about world class claims on that forum!  😳  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, David_wigren said:

What are some of your opinions on this girl? Squatting in different gyms, using different types of weights. Doing 455 lbs for reps with little to no strain at a bodyweight of maybe around 150 lbs? No belt, no wraps or chalk. Yeah sure, the spotter is helping her a bit but I still reckon her to be the strongest female lifter of all time. I mean what could potentially be her max. 550-650 lbs?  She also has 7.8 million followers so she’s inspired countless people to train and make gains. According to the logic presented in the thread, having inspired people makes it more likely that the weights are real.

If you don’t believe her, YOU have to provide evidence that the weights are fake! 

One thing is for sure, I have chosen the wrong career.  Are their any self-study courses on how to become a fitness model spotter?

• Like 1

For the record, I never used the word "nice" to describe Joe Kinney. That was Heath. 

Intelligent, intense, observant, pragmatic...yes

5 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

For the record, I never used the word "nice" to describe Joe Kinney. That was Heath. 

Intelligent, intense, observant, pragmatic...yes

Ok, so if she seems intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic - then the weights were real? Got it.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Ok, so if she seems intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic - then the weights were real? Got it.

Just like dem tig ol bitties! 

I volunteer to verify their veracity.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

I am flattered you guys are stalking me as much as you are. 

42 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

EQ David, EQ. 

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Nobody:

Is he talking about the number 4 giving him that feeling?

13 minutes ago, Chez said:

Is he talking about the number 4 giving him that feeling?

No he said his bone structure was permanently changed from heavy grippers 

In a room full of people.

Nobody: ...

Joe Kinney: I can burst beer cans with my hands!

Joe Kinney: ... you could hear the pop echoing over the hills!

Joe Kinney: ...

• Haha 2

Serious question:  did Ironmind ever sell grippers that had a hole in the bottom of each handle where the numbers would have been stamped?

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Before everyone runs to look up the video on YouTube.  What are those holes?  Were holes in the bottom of the handles standard?  I don't know enough about grippers back then to know for sure.

Screenshot_20190628-155036_YouTube.jpg

I’ve never seen one like that in the older pictures. Never noticed that hole in the video either but it’s there when you watch it

• Like 1

0:50 - 1:02 during the 12 second hold and grind to see they are there no matter how he moves the gripper.  

I've asked a couple people who know about these things and I'm told IM didn't typically ship grippers with holes tapped in the bottom.  Whether this was a special gripper with holes that they sent Joe, I don't know. 

The reason I posted this, is because another member who is a nice guy and didn't want to get on anybody's bad side sent me this message (since I'm not encumbered by these things since I'm universally hated here's the message):

Hey Mike, i was looking through the J.K. #4 video and noticed two holes on the bottom of the handles at the 52 sec mark of the video clip. What do you make those out to be? A.) Grippers back then came with holes on the handles. B.) He just wanted to tap holes in his favorite gripper. C.) An access point made by drilling a holes to the spring to pour some kind of liquid acetone or acid to soften the epoxy to then heat the handles and pull and punch said spring out? To then treat the "fat" spring by heat to damage its integrity and place said spring back in handles prepping it for an easy close that wont even put no visible pressure upon thumbpad during close. Or the 4s came with holes back then? Theres no hole? Honestly a fun mystery.

Im not sure about this but logically he wouldnt even need to take the spring out if he just drilled up the legs of the spring with a 1/16-1/8 bit. Hallowing the springs would do enough to damage the spring and alter the integrity. Possibly making the gripper be able to perform multiple closes.

End quote.

I don't know what to make of it.  The holes seem to be there.  Maybe when he added grey scale to the video it created the holes. ( what country gent puts greyscale in his training vids?)  If they are there, which seems to be the case, maybe he just liked to drill holes in stuff.

As for the no deformation of the thumb pad, there was no deformation of anything.  Man had hands of titanium!

Of course, maybe the holes aren't there at all.  The Russians could have possibly hacked the video with a bot that throws things in the grip community into turmoil.  😂🤣😂🤣