Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That definitely would not have been necessary.  But it would have been nice if he had done it once in front of someone who knew grippers.  Just once.  Or even put out an unedited video where the gripper is shown to open back up.  He never shows a #4 open after closing it.  Why would you edit it out?  Just a musing from a cynical old man.  Lol

I don’t know...I don’t see an edit ; he says “that’s good” and the video was shut off...there wasn’t a fade to black...only after he busts a can two-hands style, do they fade to the thumb in the can. 

Ive had some videos of my golf swing taken by my niece cut off before the ball hits the ground haha. So I don’t read too much into the video stopping when he says that’s good. I’ve had the wrist pain that he was in, and it affects you the most when you release that squeeze tension. He probably didn’t want to look bad. IMO

Edited by slazbob

Just one person. One time.  Lol

Agree to disagree.  Reasonable point on the video though. I wish I could talk in a normal voice like that when I'm doing a max close.  That's his biggest feat.  Lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Just one person. One time.  Lol

Agree to disagree.  Reasonable point on the video though. I wish I could talk in a normal voice like that when I'm doing a max close.  That's his biggest feat.  Lol

He’s a pro dude! Ha

6 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

Anyone have a picture of his otherworldly forearms?

In the video with John W. they show one of him trying the No.4 with his left hand...he was about an inch away ... but it was only his arm from his biceps down and his wrist and forearm was thick and bumpy...odd yet impressive looking. There’s one with him just in shorts and sandals wrist rolling some big stack of weights also. He took a lot of photos back when he was training. Hoaxers wouldn’t do that imo 

Skip to 13:26 to see The World's Strongest man get a Squat PR of 505 X 20.  This man is twice the size of Joe, only 25 years old, training about 5 X as long as Joe, and not "natty".  Joe had handles though, so he could do 3 times this many reps with only 65 lbs less... every day... for months on end... in dress shoes and jeans.  I gotta get me a pair of those handles.  Magic freakin handles.  Unicorn dust encrusted handles. 

Thanks to the person who messaged me to remind me about this video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Skip to 13:26 to see The World's Strongest man get a Squat PR of 505 X 20.  This man is twice the size of Joe, only 25 years old, training about 5 X as long as Joe, and not "natty".  Joe had handles though, so he could do 3 times this many reps with only 65 lbs less... every day... for months on end... in dress shoes and jeans.  I gotta get me a pair of those handles.  Magic freakin handles.  Unicorn dust encrusted handles. 

Imagine what that guy could do with Joe’s set up! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Imagine what that guy could do with Joe’s set up! 

😂

000000000 0 youre-killin-me-smalls-7287873.png

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Joe mentioned in his video that he took a vitamin and mineral supplement made for horses 🐎 because it was cheap. Maybe something in there made the magic click! Just saying....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Joe mentioned in his video that he took a vitamin and mineral supplement made for horses 🐎 because it was cheap. Maybe something in there made the magic click! Just saying....

Winstrol?  😂🤣

• Haha 1

That’s from an old thread where Joe was answering any questions for a pretty long time

9 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

BFCE7E5C-7AD2-47DD-9A51-66DD7F94C587.png

So he either lied to Heath (and one other CoC) on multiple occasions or Heath and the other gentlemen are liars.  Which is it?

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

So he either lied to Heath (and one other CoC) on multiple occasions or Heath and the other gentlemen are liars.  Which is it?

No idea. I just stumbled across that while I was looking for a picture of his apparently crazy looking forearms lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

He never said he couldn’t pass it from one hand to the other...he probably did it just above the ground. Standing up with it was probably what he meant was good at it. Seems reasonable, eh? 😄

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Also, as I recall, the post from Kim on the 6 inch lift was locked because world class claim and no video evidence. 

That would make sense. So?

Amazing thread 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿as all JK threads will eventually go. 🦞👍🧹🇱🇷

My question - can we try a few years of giving this level attention to documented, verifiable, authentic beyond doubt real accomplishments? 

I have been a member of this whole thing for 15 years. The bar has continued to rise. I would ask you to consider all strength sports- show me another where such a diverse group of disciplines has sharply climbed as seen in grip sport?

The condition of “grip” is that bending reds and closing 3s is not actually interesting to hear about. Even though no one in your life system can easily in number do those things —- it’s just not interesting. The bar has raised so high over the last 20 years- lifting the inch is just a starting point in greatness. 

If this makes no sense; you are too early in your journey. One day you’ll get it. 👍

It’s so easy to make fun of the many frauds, and liars, and fakers. Instead, I wonder what if this zeal for exposing the fakers was applied to exposing the achievers?  

This in no means stop this nail biter. I’m still waiting for the 🧹🧹🧹 twist to be explained 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What's funny about this to me is that this topic still comes up on the board every few years it seems. :)  

In February of this year,  this forum will be 19 years old. Needless to say, there have been a lot of repeats of this thread and discussion. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

What's funny about this to me is that this topic still comes up on the board every few years it seems. :)  

In February of this year,  this forum will be 19 years old. Needless to say, there have been a lot of repeats of this thread and discussion. :)

And it's a hoot every time.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Mike (R), you seemed to be satisfied back in 2011 on the IM Forum on the clarification of Kinney's "squats". You had many words on that. I am not going to parse what you said then and draw conclusions from them.

What you are saying now is not consistent with what you said in 2011. Could you go back and read them? I could give you Post Numbers. I am curious what has caused you to do a 180.

On the subject of Joe Roark. Joe Roark and my brother are friends. His matter of fact description of what Joe Kinney could do with the Inch in 2001 caused me to ask "What is his source?" He had to hear it from someone. I am curious about that as well.

Yes he was happy back then. When I was young I used to believe the ancient legends of Shaolin who could break rocks without touching them, pointing their fingers at clouds to disperse them. Wong Kiew Kit nowadays claims that and even his student here. Mas Oyama who killed bulls with one punch. Anceint masters who could break tens of bricks with a gentle palm slap. Give me a break. That is all monkey business. everyone wants to believe extraordinary strength when he or she was naive and new. But now when we get older, we age and get wisdom, we mix with world strongest men too, this all is a man made fiction monkey business. Same goes Kinney. You know what the funny thing is? and no offense to anyone, is the weaker people who in general didn't did something strong will always believe the likes of timmy, Kinney, Wood, Mas Oyama, Kiew Kit, Masters of legends and so on.

16 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I was a strength world noob in 2011.  I grew up.  I learned more. I talked to people that were among the 10 strongest men in the world who told me no way.  I heard about other outlandish claims Joe made. He got connected with the Woods.  I looked at the bigfoot video more closely, instead of as a fan boy.  I got burned defending the Joe Kinney of bending.  When he turned out to be a complete fraud, it made me look at others with a more scientific eye vs. an I really want this to be true eye.

There.  I answered yours.  You going to answer mine?  Do you believe Joe could toss the Inch back and forth?  

If so, and you believe his other claims, do you believe he was the greatest strength athlete in history?  Those 3 claimed feats alone after only 1 or 2 years of training makes that an undeniable fact.  He was by far, the greatest strength athlete of all time.  Hell, the squats alone put him up there. And he did it all natty, if you don't count the steroids his body was making doing the squats.

Well said!

15 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Absolutely not. But do I believe that he could have been bent over, passing it back and forth, dropping it, yes. So I don't know what he said to who. I suspect it is similar to the John Wood Millennium dumbbell. JW did something with it, somehow it got expanded by others to the point where it was an impossible feat that he never claimed. I say suspect. But I saw, with my own eyes, someone at the 2007 British Grip Championships mocking JW as they stood over Gardener's M Bell.  I know he nor his father ever said what others said that he did.  I would never believe that Joe Kinney was one of the top thick bar fellows in history. He certainly never said that he was, and I never saw R Strossen bragging on JK's thick bar prowess.

So you think Heath and the other is lying about Joe Kinney telling what can he do to a Inch?

15 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

The way he manhandled and played with that #4, he should be able to cert a 3.5 now.  I mean, he made it look like a number 1.  Slow close.  Way wider than CCS. Talked casually and ground the handles back and forth like it was a toy.  What he did with the lost gripper that was supposedly a bear, was comperable to a ccs with a number 5.  

On the Millennium, you may want to check your archives on that.  At one point, I believe someone on here posted a website with Kim stating John did it.  Been a while, so I don't recall exactly.  But there was some sort of "proof" floating around at one time.  Crazy enough, that's not even the most outlandish claims I've heard people mention. 

But hey... how bout that Ronnie Coleman. 

No one is doing it to a #3.5. I mean the best and that guy back in 1998 with only a year or two training he did it with a #4.

15 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Correct. It would only prove that he certed on the #3 at age 62. 

This is not how the “Wigren world” works, it’s how the serious scientific community works, period. You either understand it, or you don’t.

Yep

14 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Okay, so doing something in 2019 or 2020 that has never been done before, means nothing. Age is just a number, and grip strength does not fall off after roughly 20 years of no training. Got it. I would do it just for a bet/challenge for me, was wondering if there was a byproduct to it in causing a current nonbeliever into  believing Kinney was the best crusher in the world in 1998.  No, there would not be that byproduct, at least for two people.

Six inches off the ground is not what was floating around on the M Bell.  The story I heard was picking it up and putting it in the back of a truck. This was not true, nor was it ever represented as such by K or J Wood. I believe six inches off the ground, absolutely. Apparently you had not heard the Urban Myth that I had, or some of the guys in England had.  It may have been in a strength newsletter that got repeated on the Internet.

I would speculate that, in making the original (1998) Get A Grip video, there would be other footage done about that time. I will ask. I doubt if that was a one-take shot.

Why does this matter to me? Because with no proof, someone started a whisper campaign that Joe Kinney's Number 4 gripper was cooked. And, the only witness was his wife. And, the only witness for IM purposes was his wife. And, then this stuff all began. And, I am one of the few people who has seen one of the "Secret Letters" in the possession of someone, the letters supposedly discrediting Joe Kinney, but was proven to be a nothing-burger. Been following this for years. So I don't buy this "science" BS that David is selling. How do we know that some of his bends are not real? Is there video showing when he purchased the stock, or opened the package from wherever he purchased it? Where does it end? It doesn't.

Nope he did claim not only the truck thing but walked up the stairs (few steps) on two Millennium bells. Mike, you're taking it way too personally. Any link between you guys besides friendship? It's like you want to convince us superman is real.

David's science isn't "his" science. They are just facts in the world.

14 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Joe Kinney Official "#4" close - He grinded the handles for 8 seconds.  Name one man in the world that can do that no set and grinding nonsense with a #3.5 gripper... Take a poll and 85-90% would say the #4 close in video is NOT legit. What a grip on that guy, LMAO.

This.

14 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

The story put out by Kim was John unloaded it from the truck one handed and walked it.  At least that's what I recall from the cyberpump article.  Again, I'm old and the link to the article doesn't work.  Maybe @Wannagrip could pull it up from the archives. He posted this pic up as proof.  Notice the shirt pull and it resting on his thigh.  My avatar on here for years was me holding the Inch like this as a tribute to the foolishness.

00000 Screenshot_20190626-155504_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice! You forgot the part where he had one in each hand and walked few steps up the stairs. 

14 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Now you’re starting to get it! The bends which I’ve only done on video are just that - bends that were done on video. They don’t carry as much weight as if they were done in front of one/several people who actually know steel bending and can verify the authenticity! That’s why I tried to connect with several steel benders in Sweden just to get some sort of verification. Unfortunately not all my bends were objectively verified. The hardest horseshoe I bent in front of an experienced horseshoe bender was a Kerckhaert SSP 000, an elite bend (world record at the time) but still much weaker than what I would eventually bend. Even though I would later I go on and win the european grip strength championships in 2017 and also win several national titles in other sports. Do human flags with people standing on me, lift people over my head with one arm etc. Those feats are impressive in and of themselves. But they do not objectively prove that I bent the hard horseshoes I did on video. They were just bends done on video, they could have been faked.

Yep lol. 

14 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Is there anyone with hard proof that the coc4 video is fake? I’m just curious I figured it was the real deal. 

What the??! Read the thread again using God's given gift, the brains. Word by word. Then judge.

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

No, that’s what makes this funny. I mean I’ve seen a 16yr old at Sorinex pickup the inch his first try, but a guy who was doing 100lbs on the TTK , and driving his thumb through cans doesn’t have the strength to lift it, then maybe roll it into his other hand. But this topic does bring life to this forum. 

Oh boy another Kinney lover?

13 hours ago, David_wigren said:

There is also no proof that I haven’t deadlifted 600 kg. That doesn’t make it true.

As was mentioned earlier. The person making the claim is the one who has to provide the evidence. Not the other way around. Otherwise you are forced by your own logic to accept my claim of a 600 kg deadlift as true.

Lol.

I'll repeat again. Generally the weaker thinks these superman strength feat is possible while the people who have done a thing or two knowledge on things doesn't believe the BS because it's just a BS. I have yet to see a Ronnie Coleman attempt.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Good catch

9 hours ago, slazbob said:

Now I don't know if you are just be sarcastic. 

9 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hmmm thats what word is bond will do. But he say he did it and he didn't think it was great. What was he expecting to throw it 10 meters in the sky? On the squats it is clear too and in IM books. Heath and other man won't lie. We know who lie's. Please read this page. Kim Wood was saying his bengal people occasionally and regularly TNSing with no warmup and no chalk a #4. Please read that pade carefully. Bojast there says:-

"Kim Wood has claimed numerous times (often on the IM forum) that he had several guys on his football team close the #4 with no set and no chalk. We can only assume they did all this while grip training was not even their top priority. So with this in mind, what Joe did would not have been a massive amount ahead of anyone else."

And here on another topic we see Jordan Rechsteiner says:-

"Kim Wood also has on at least two occasions stated that his bengal players aka the weakest and slowest team in NFL history (11 consecutive losing seasons) TNS closed the #3 and the #4 "regularly". Buwahahhaha just keep in mind the source: fictional hand strength. The way Kim talks you'd think he has both hands and thumbs full of superbowel rings and has had to start putting two rings on some fingers. Tell you the truth I don't see why he ever even bought the original Thomas Inch DB= he can't lift it and I doubt John can either. My conclusion is that he has the Thomas Inch DB to prevent other men from lifting it as it collects dust and rust in his house."

Why am I saying this? Mike believes these guys who claim these extraordinary feat. I mean he has his mind set on supermen power. Why convince him and the others? Wannagrip is right. This topic will again come up next year. Let's go back to Ronnie shall we guys?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

And here we go again. I don't believe the one who posts in IM forum is Joe Kinney himself. He is involved yesss. But he DOES NOT post them. From many sources here and I hope Heath @Bearcat 74 can confirm, Joe had a very bad grammar and spelling back then in his 40's. There are hand written letters by him to confirm it. What made him write like a university English professor all of a sudden? The human brains is a gift from God. We should think.

Yep it weird. I don't believe Mike will lie. But that person who claims to be Joe Kinney is obviously a member here too. I once heard a tale (not kidding) that Joe Kinney is Paul Savage. Other's were saying he is timmy. Now that is far-fetched, but I understand where all of this comes from.

I was on the road yesterday afternoon, driving to a small town for a lengthy meeting with a client. I was thinking about this thread, and decided to call Joe Kinney to apologize for getting involved in this thread once his name was brought up. I didn’t put any thought in advance as to what I would say, I just wanted to apologize and move on.

i had never spoken to him before. I think originally, he may have PM’d me on the IM Forum years ago, we moved on to emails, later moved to texting. Ninety percent of our texts have been polite exchanges on personal stuff. My daughter has a baby, I text him. I see my grandkids on my birthday, I text. His texts tend to be more interesting than mine, as he is a more interesting guy than I.

Mr. Kinney had not read the thread at that point (5 pm Eastern Time) for new postings since Tuesday, so his reaction was to chuckle and wonder aloud “apologize for what”. I said “Oh it’s still going, new stuff on different pieces, talking about the Inch, Titan’s Telegraph, who is a liar, all kinds of stuff”. He was pretty relaxed, matter of fact, and told me there was no reason to apologize.We ended up speaking for 30 minutes plus.

He came off as someone very sure of who he was and very comfortable with who he was. He is an impressive fellow.

i mentioned to him a subject that had nothing to do with personal matters, nothing to do with strength. Years ago, I was reading on a shall I say Conservative website as to removing a tax lien from your property, and my goodness it was Joe Kinney from Tennessee, “our” Joe Kinney being discussed, and his story told by a third party as to how he successfully had one removed. I told him that I accidentally came across that, knew it was him, and still didn’t understand how he did it, even after it was explained on the website.

He then proceeded to clinically and matter of factly explain, in a concise manner, the steps he took, the agencies and people involved, the IRS, County Recorders, UCC filings, Secretary of State of Tennessee, etc. I understood what he said, and told him there was some luck involved. Some would be insulted by my saying that, but he humbly conceded that was the case.

I have sat through thousands of hours of lectures over the last 40 years in hundreds of continuing education classes by over 100 professionals on tax and business matters. Authors, professors, lawyers , CPAs, PhDs, consultants, etc. Can’t say I ever heard a complex matter explained in such an understandable manner in as few minutes as he did.

I spoke about the hand written note accompanying my purchase of his VHS Get a Grip video 18 or 19 years ago, which began with “Thanks fer yer order”. He freely conceded he was illiterate (his word, not mine, repeated a time or two) then, but no longer. How did he do that? I asked about Community College classes maybe? Nope, self study, books, etc.

Was this really Joe Kinney I was speaking to? Well, it was the same voice as on the videos, it was someone who immediately knew of the IRS matter I had read of, and it was someone who had insightful comments on the discussions on this thread. Less than an hour after we spoke, he sent, via text, a government issue ID regarding something we had discussed, i suspect just in case I had the Wigren Gene in me, which I have to some extent. The photo ID was of course our Joe Kinney.

What is the point to this post? It is in response to Alawahi’s being absolutely certain that whoever was posting on the IronMind Forum was not in fact Joe Kinney. It most certainly was, and I am certain that no one speaks for this man other than Joe Kinney.

Edited by Hubgeezer

33 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I was on the road yesterday afternoon, driving to a small town for a lengthy meeting with a client. I was thinking about this thread, and decided to call Joe Kinney to apologize for getting involved in this thread once his name was brought up. I didn’t put any thought in advance as to what I would say, I just wanted to apologize and move on.

i had never spoken to him before. I think originally, he may have PM’d me on the IM Forum years ago, we moved on to emails, later moved to texting. Ninety percent of our texts have been polite exchanges on personal stuff. My daughter has a baby, I text him. I see my grandkids on my birthday, I text. His texts tend to be more interesting than mine, as he is a more interesting guy than I.

Mr. Kinney had not read the thread at that point (5 pm Eastern Time) for new postings since Tuesday, so his reaction was to chuckle and wonder aloud “apologize for what”. I said “Oh it’s still going, new stuff on different pieces, talking about the Inch, Titan’s Telegraph, who is a liar, all kinds of stuff”. He was pretty relaxed, matter of fact, and told me there was no reason to apologize.We ended up speaking for 30 minutes plus.

He came off as someone very sure of who he was and very comfortable with who he was. He is an impressive fellow.

i mentioned to him a subject that had nothing to do with personal matters, nothing to do with strength. Years ago, I was reading on a shall I say Conservative website as to removing a tax lien from your property, and my goodness it was Joe Kinney from Tennessee, “our” Joe Kinney being discussed, and his story told by a third party as to how he successfully had one removed. I told him that I accidentally came across that, knew it was him, and still didn’t understand how he did it, even after it was explained on the website.

He then proceeded to clinically and matter of factly explain, in a concise manner, the steps he took, the agencies and people involved, the IRS, County Recorders, UCC filings, Secretary of State of Tennessee, etc. I understood what he said, and told him there was some luck involved. Some would be insulted by my saying that, but he humbly conceded that was the case.

I have sat through thousands of hours of lectures over the last 40 years in hundreds of continuing education classes by over 100 professionals on tax and business matters. Authors, professors, lawyers , CPAs, PhDs, consultants, etc. Can’t say I ever heard a complex matter explained in such an understandable manner in as few minutes as he did.

I spoke about the hand written note accompanying my purchase of his VHS Get a Grip video 18 or 19 years ago, which began with “Thanks fer yer order”. He freely conceded he was illiterate (his word, not mine, repeated a time or two) then, but no longer. How did he do that? I asked about Community College classes maybe? Nope, self study, books, etc.

Was this really Joe Kinney I was speaking to? Well, it was the same voice as on the videos, it was someone who immediately knew of the IRS matter I had read of, and it was someone who had insightful comments on the discussions on this thread. Less than an hour after we spoke, he sent, via text, a government issue ID regarding something we had discussed, i suspect just in case I had the Wigren Gene in me, which I have to some extent. The photo ID was of course our Joe Kinney.

What is the point to this post? It is in response to Alawahi’s being absolutely certain that whoever was posting on the IronMind Forum was not in fact Joe Kinney. It most certainly was, and I am certain that no one speaks for this man other than Joe Kinney.

Whaaat?! :s Someone who at in his 40's couldn't spell as good as a person who write's English as a third (not even second) language could self educate himself better than a university professor in his late 50's in matter of few month? Good story Mike on Mr. Kinney being a secret CIA undercover agent for the IRS. But how can this prove him doing what no one else could? TTK? #4? Squats? Still though, Joe only closed a #2 in front of a reliable witness. The Wigren Gene is a bless it seems.

Edit: On a side note, is it true that Bigfoot once took a picture of Joe Kinney?

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Haha 2