Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Alawadhi

5 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Been following this for years. So I don't buy this "science" BS that David is selling. How do we know that some of his bends are not real? Is there video showing when he purchased the stock, or opened the package from wherever he purchased it? Where does it end? It doesn't.

Now you’re starting to get it! The bends which I’ve only done on video are just that - bends that were done on video. They don’t carry as much weight as if they were done in front of one/several people who actually know steel bending and can verify the authenticity! That’s why I tried to connect with several steel benders in Sweden just to get some sort of verification. Unfortunately not all my bends were objectively verified. The hardest horseshoe I bent in front of an experienced horseshoe bender was a Kerckhaert SSP 000, an elite bend (world record at the time) but still much weaker than what I would eventually bend. Even though I would later I go on and win the european grip strength championships in 2017 and also win several national titles in other sports. Do human flags with people standing on me, lift people over my head with one arm etc. Those feats are impressive in and of themselves. But they do not objectively prove that I bent the hard horseshoes I did on video. They were just bends done on video, they could have been faked.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Okay, so doing something in 2019 or 2020 that has never been done before, means nothing. Age is just a number, and grip strength does not fall off after roughly 20 years of no training. Got it. I would do it just for a bet/challenge for me, was wondering if there was a byproduct to it in causing a current nonbeliever into  believing Kinney was the best crusher in the world in 1998.  No, there would not be that byproduct, at least for two people.

Six inches off the ground is not what was floating around on the M Bell.  The story I heard was picking it up and putting it in the back of a truck. This was not true, nor was it ever represented as such by K or J Wood. I believe six inches off the ground, absolutely. Apparently you had not heard the Urban Myth that I had, or some of the guys in England had.  It may have been in a strength newsletter that got repeated on the Internet.

I would speculate that, in making the original (1998) Get A Grip video, there would be other footage done about that time. I will ask. I doubt if that was a one-take shot.

Why does this matter to me? Because with no proof, someone started a whisper campaign that Joe Kinney's Number 4 gripper was cooked. And, the only witness was his wife. And, the only witness for IM purposes was his wife. And, then this stuff all began. And, I am one of the few people who has seen one of the "Secret Letters" in the possession of someone, the letters supposedly discrediting Joe Kinney, but was proven to be a nothing-burger. Been following this for years. So I don't buy this "science" BS that David is selling. How do we know that some of his bends are not real? Is there video showing when he purchased the stock, or opened the package from wherever he purchased it? Where does it end? It doesn't.

Because he has done it in front of people and when he videos his bends, he goes to extreme lengths to document what he is bending by showing all markings and using calipers to confirm the size.  How do we know I bent an insane bastard? Because I got close to one in front of 40 people at Gripmas and actually bent my cert bar in front of another bender using his stock.  How do we know I bent one of the shortest pieces of 5/8" stock ever bent? Because I did it at a contest, using contest stock, in front of some of the best benders in the world. How do we know I can lift the things I video? Because I've replicated or come close on almost all of them in a contest or in front of experienced gripsters.

That's how.  See the difference? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

The story put out by Kim was John unloaded it from the truck one handed and walked it.  At least that's what I recall from the cyberpump article.  Again, I'm old and the link to the article doesn't work.  Maybe @Wannagrip could pull it up from the archives. He posted this pic up as proof.  Notice the shirt pull and it resting on his thigh.  My avatar on here for years was me holding the Inch like this as a tribute to the foolishness.

00000 Screenshot_20190626-155504_Samsung Internet.jpg

Haha, that picture always made me laugh! I also did a similar lift/hold with a Blob50 with 40 kg added to the blob. Lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Now you’re starting to get it! The bends which I’ve only done on video are just that - bends that were done on video. They don’t carry as much weight as if they were done in front of one/several people who actually know steel bending and can verify the authenticity! That’s why I tried to connect with several steel benders in Sweden just to get some sort of verification. Unfortunately not all my bends were objectively verified. The hardest horseshoe I bent in front of an experienced horseshoe bender was a Kerckhaert SSP 000, an elite bend (world record at the time) but still much weaker than what I would eventually bend. Even though I would later I go on and win the european grip strength championships in 2017 and also win several national titles in other sports. Do human flags with people standing on me, lift people over my head with one arm etc. Those feats are impressive in and of themselves. But they do not objectively prove that I bent the hard horseshoes I did on video. They were just bends done on video, they could have been faked.

Now let's compare this to Joe.  The Swedish Fish performed world class bends in front of other benders that were only a little below what his biggest bend on video, which was highly documented.

Joe closed a number two and claimed a no set, handle grinding close on a #4 in a dark, grainy, edited video.

• Like 1

Haha, that picture always made me laugh! I also did a similar lift/hold with a Blob50 with 40 kg added to the blob. Lol 

I remember that.  It's what inspired my avatar.  I'm all outta likes today or that would have got one fish.

• Haha 2

Also, as I recall, the post from Kim on the 6 inch lift was locked because world class claim and no video evidence. 

Is there anyone with hard proof that the coc4 video is fake? I’m just curious I figured it was the real deal. 

Edited by Roger Roberson

15 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Is there anyone with hard proof that the coc4 video is fake? I’m just curious I figured it was the real deal. 

No, that’s what makes this funny. I mean I’ve seen a 16yr old at Sorinex pickup the inch his first try, but a guy who was doing 100lbs on the TTK , and driving his thumb through cans doesn’t have the strength to lift it, then maybe roll it into his other hand. But this topic does bring life to this forum. 

17 minutes ago, slazbob said:

No, that’s what makes this funny. I mean I’ve seen a 16yr old at Sorinex pickup the inch his first try, but a guy who was doing 100lbs on the TTK , and driving his thumb through cans doesn’t have the strength to lift it, then maybe roll it into his other hand. But this topic does bring life to this forum. 

You witnessed Joe do 100 lbs on the TTK in person or know someone who did?  Or is this a word is bond deal?  Because that's an otherwordly amount on a TTK.  I believe that's almost twice as much as anyone else ever did.

• Like 1

There is also no proof that I haven’t deadlifted 600 kg. That doesn’t make it true.

As was mentioned earlier. The person making the claim is the one who has to provide the evidence. Not the other way around. Otherwise you are forced by your own logic to accept my claim of a 600 kg deadlift as true.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That explanation might work except he wasn't done.  He went on to make a bunch of money selling two different videos and, I believe, selling a grip machine (or licensing his name to a GM).   Who knows what his motivation was to do it, but I don't think you can discount the fact that the guy definitely profited off it.   

He did offer some good stuff...if his ideas helped motivate someone his profits are justified. If you believed you’d get to his level with his products and failed, that’s not his fault.

• Confused 1

Just now, slazbob said:

He did offer some good stuff...if his ideas helped motivate someone his profits are justified. If you believed you’d get to his level with his products and failed, that’s not his fault.

For just $20 I’ll give you a program to reach 600 kg on the deadlift. If you fail, it’s your own fault.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You witnessed Joe do 100 lbs on the TTK in person or know someone who did?  Or is this a word is bond deal?  Because that's an otherwordly amount on a TTK.  I believe that's almost twice as much as anyone else ever did.

It’s Kinney, Mike...you have to expect it to be better. All jokes aside, he never mentioned it in his original video but pointed to it and it had his two block weight thingys that he mentioned in another part of the video as being around 50 to 55 lbs. they were on there from training I’m sure.

Edited by slazbob

For just $20 I’ll give you a program to reach 600 kg on the deadlift. If you fail, it’s your own fault.

Prove it! 😏

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Prove it! 😏

Word is bond

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, slazbob said:

It’s Kinney, Mike...you have to expect it to be better. All jokes aside, he never mentioned it in his original video but pointed to it and it had his two block weight thingys that he mentioned in another part of the video as being around 50 to 55 lbs. they were on there from training I’m sure.

Was it an IM TTK that multiplied the weight or a homemade job that had the fulcrum in a different place?  If it was the real deal, then he was lifting about 400 lbs with his thumb.  😳

9 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Was it an IM TTK that multiplied the weight or a homemade job that had the fulcrum in a different place?  If it was the real deal, then he was lifting about 400 lbs with his thumb.  😳

No...his was shorter for sure. And his had the two flat spots meeting instead of the TTK type gripping surface. If you turned the top arm upside down on a TTK with the loading pin down, that’s how it was. He even mentioned in the newer video that his was different...didn’t have as much leverage. 

AE86E7AF-3FD4-40FC-901D-0A075DBF8A81.jpeg

Edited by slazbob

14 minutes ago, slazbob said:

No...his was shorter for sure. And his had the two flat spots meeting instead of the TTK type gripping surface. If you turned the top arm upside down on a TTK with the loading pin down, that’s how it was. He even mentioned in the newer video that his was different...didn’t have as much leverage. 

AE86E7AF-3FD4-40FC-901D-0A075DBF8A81.jpeg

Gotcha.  Thanks.  That's a horse of a different color.  I thought he was claiming 100 on a real ttk, which would be more impressive than his other 3 claims.  Wiggy's head was probably going to explode.  🤯😂

Here’s Joe with the bar loaded up. He wasn’t all the way down, but I have a feeling he was sorta the real deal. C’mon,  dudes he was a freak blessed with great thick hands and forearms capable of things the “best of the best” weren’t. You all read what Heath said about the muscles in his forearms past his training phase .now imagine magnified with the crazy training he did, and all of a sudden that dumpster spring did blast him past the no.4. But I’m sure he was happy it was over when it was. And certified under Iron minds rules was the end of the road...not some years long road trip showing everyone.

491DAC19-7D42-471A-8178-BB7CFF76B4B3.jpeg

Edited by slazbob

On 6/24/2019 at 5:59 AM, Chez said:

Will do but it will be a while. I won’t be able to start really start training until end of August. Doing basic physical therapy stuff right now 

*Red Wine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

The story put out by Kim was John unloaded it from the truck one handed and walked it.  At least that's what I recall from the cyberpump article.  Again, I'm old and the link to the article doesn't work.  Maybe @Wannagrip could pull it up from the archives. He posted this pic up as proof.  Notice the shirt pull and it resting on his thigh.  My avatar on here for years was me holding the Inch like this as a tribute to the foolishness.

00000 Screenshot_20190626-155504_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is that what you were doing in that AVATAR?? Hahahahaha I was wondering about that!!!

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Gotcha.  Thanks.  That's a horse of a different color.  I thought he was claiming 100 on a real ttk, which would be more impressive than his other 3 claims.  Wiggy's head was probably going to explode.  🤯😂

Actually, like I said he just kinda touched it and mentioned it while he was talking to the camera about nutrition. Never demonstrated it. But he had the weight on there I’m sure from training. Makes a gesture to the can he blew out with his thumb and said “and this is the results.” And he talked about guys faking bursting cans and a real one sounds like a gun going off.

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

And lasers coming out of your eyes if I remember correctly

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slazbob said:

But I’m sure he was happy it was over when it was. And certified under Iron minds rules was the end of the road...not some years long road trip showing everyone.

That definitely would not have been necessary.  But it would have been nice if he had done it once in front of someone who knew grippers.  Just once.  Or even put out an unedited video where the gripper is shown to open back up.  He never shows a #4 open after closing it.  Why would you edit it out?  Just a musing from a cynical old man.  Lol