Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hubgeezer

Another Teen Captain of Crush (Well, sort of)

Recommended Posts

AdamTGlass

That’s potential right there💪💪💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tycoon
2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

That’s potential right there💪💪💪

Well, hopefully I can take advantage of it!  And I initially planned on making an attempt on the 3.5 before I turned 20. Unfortunately some minor wrist tweaks set me back a bit and I had to take it slow from there, but the 3.5 is in my sights!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
50 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

Well, hopefully I can take advantage of it!  And I initially planned on making an attempt on the 3.5 before I turned 20. Unfortunately some minor wrist tweaks set me back a bit and I had to take it slow from there, but the 3.5 is in my sights!

Run down each goal piece by piece. Don’t get stuck on doing X fear by X age, it just doesn’t work that way. I think if you stick with it for a few years you will be a tremendous lifter 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tycoon
Posted (edited)
Quote

 "Run down each goal piece by piece. Don’t get stuck on doing X fear by X age, it just doesn’t work that way. I think if you stick with it for a few years you will be a tremendous lifter" 

 

That seems like some solid advice! My rush to the 3.5 wound up setting me back, and my nervousness on going for the 3 long after I could close it took me right up to the day before my birthday to get certified. I'll try just focusing on the feats themselves, and with no real "deadlines" coming up, I think that will make for some more enjoyable performances!

 

For now I'll keep trying the monthly challenges on r/GripTraining to keep myself trying new things, and finding what I like. I really enjoyed the block style lifts of wide plate pinches and blobs, and will probably be making some new attempts on those lifts since its been a while.

 

Edit: I somehow screwed up quoting and cant add the quote correctly, bear with me - Im not familiar with forums!

Edited by Tycoon
Forgot Quote and the Edit option doesn't seem to have a way to add in a mention
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
Posted (edited)

Well done. Keep at it and you will be amazing. You remind me of Wes Peart who was almost same height but 17 when he certed. He vanished from the grip field. He had the capabilities to cert on the #4 if he was training for it and was injury free. Point is, keep at it and stay injury free.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarcoBuhl

good job and a bright future. But now train wisely and don't try to Cert 3.5 too soon. Buy some rated grippers from cannonpowerworks. 3.5 could be 170 or 190 RGC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond
9 hours ago, Tycoon said:

Well, hopefully I can take advantage of it!  And I initially planned on making an attempt on the 3.5 before I turned 20. Unfortunately some minor wrist tweaks set me back a bit and I had to take it slow from there, but the 3.5 is in my sights!

Congrats man...you are more than welcome to come up and train with Jedd and I anytime (referring to your post on reddit). Just contact us and we can figure something out

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

I see you are in pre-med and  looking to become a neurosurgeon someday.  The last thing you need is a debilitating injury to your hands or wrists.  Slow and steady sir. 

Great job!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tycoon
17 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Congrats man...you are more than welcome to come up and train with Jedd and I anytime (referring to your post on reddit). Just contact us and we can figure something out

Much appreciated! Sorry I didn't respond promptly, and if you want to get a hold of me quickly Reddit is the way to go since it pings my phone. On here I'll try to check in when I can, but I cant really promise to be on daily, but Ill try. For now Im trying to catch your attempt on the Vertical bar (which Im sure was just you giving us a chance with that 2.5 inch implement). We'll figure something out soon, or when I get back to school and have more free time. Thanks again, and I look forward to meeting you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tycoon
19 hours ago, MarcoBuhl said:

good job and a bright future. But now train wisely and don't try to Cert 3.5 too soon. Buy some rated grippers from cannonpowerworks. 3.5 could be 170 or 190 RGC

Absolutely! I already have 3 #3's (my first one from Ironmind directly, second from cannon, third from the cert) and a 3.5 that Im making a ccs attempt on in the upcoming days. I dont expect to make it, but if I come close Ill reach out to cannon powerworks to procure an especially difficult 3.5 for training purposes! 

15 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I see you are in pre-med and  looking to become a neurosurgeon someday.  The last thing you need is a debilitating injury to your hands or wrists.  Slow and steady sir. 

Great job!

Yessir! Steady is the name of the game in my intended field, and I spend plenty of time relaxing my wrist and grip on off days! Once a month I do rock climbing and proceed to take a week off grip to work on other, more fine hobbies. If 1 week per month isn't enough rest I could make changes, but for the time being it seems to be alright. Im no expert tho, and I happily take criticism on my routine!

21 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Well done. Keep at it and you will be amazing. You remind me of Wes Peart who was almost same height but 17 when he certed. He vanished from the grip field. He had the capabilities to cert on the #4 if he was training for it and was injury free. Point is, keep at it and stay injury free.

huh, odd that I have never heard of Wes. For a while I was pretty consistently looking over the list of teens and never saw him, and now im surprised at the length of article he got. Interesting that he dropped off the face of the earth after such an oddly brief stint in grip. Were all the certs back then covered like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tycoon said:

Were all the certs back then covered like that?

Mostly yes. Even now it's same but not on BB.com but here. You have grip profiles here too. @acorn Do you still contact Wes Peart?

Edited by Alawadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acorn
6 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Mostly yes. Even now it's same but not on BB.com but here. You have grip profiles here too. @acorn Do you still contact Wes Peart?

I am friends with him on Facebook still though he is not using that name on there. Haven't talked to him in a long time and he hasn't done any grip work in years as far as I can tell.

- Aaron

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.