2019 Europa Games Arm Lifting Championship, Dallas TX

AdamTGlass

The Europa Games this year was fairly well run. I don’t know how many people attended the expo, it was never too crowded compared to what you see in Ohio or California. 

Clay and Mike crashed at my house Friday evening after they drive up from Austin. Saturday I was at the contest booth demonstrating the Thomas Inch Dumbbell and speaking with passerby’s. Clay ran a challenge to lift the bell. Only 7 total through the day could lift it- as you would predict all 120+ strongmen competitors. 

Sunday was the event. The events were last man standing Rolling Thunder, lms Double thumb blaster, lms little big horn, silver bullet hold, lms 3” Saxon bar lift.

rolling thunder went even better than I projected. I’ve been consistent with 100 kg on my hardest handle and was thinking I would see 100-102 kg. I ended up with a easy 105 kg but could not lift 107.5. PR for contest for me.  Tanner made the best lift with 115 kg. He stopped there to save for other events- in my view he was good for another 5-7.5 kg. 

Thumb blaster is new to me. I like it, it reminds me of pinching on a euro with a thin set up. I was successful with 105 kg. Tanner took first with 110 kg. 

Little big horn has always been a good event for me. I have not used the handle much this year but tend to be consistent between 98-102 kg. I had a very easy lift on 105 kg and considered a WR attempt of 109.3 kg. I had lifts both left and right but couldn’t stand all the way up. The 105 kg was the top lift for the event. PR for contest for me.  

Silver bullet has been my most improved event this year. At the Arnold I had a 2 second hold with a 4 to secure 2nd place- that was the number to surpass. I had a 6.8 #4 hold which I was happy with. Robert in the 60 kg class made a 2.5 hold, Danny Faulkner in 80 kg a 3.5 hold. I need to see the score sheet for their times.  Steve in the 125+ class had a 8.9 hold with the #4 I believe it was his first go at it in a contest. Tanner ran away with 1st place making a 32 second hold on the #4. 

3” Saxon bar was the last event. This was a brand spanking new Sorinex bar. I had a successful 112.5 kg lift the week before the event so I was feeling good. Tanner and I both lifted 110 kg. 

I was very close to my predicted numbers in all events. I feel the report card for the meet is how close I’m able to understand where I can be on game day. 

Clay set up a monitor at the score table so everyone could see results. I think that really helped the crowd get in to the game as they could understand what was going on. Throughout the event spectators watched and spoke with lifters. Well executed from start to finish. 

PS Clay had his recorder so I would imagine soon the film of all events will be posted

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 7

Adam,  Congrats on sensational all-around World Class performance!!

• Thanks 1

Here is a snap of the score card. I don’t know how to convert the file from a pdf hopefully you can zoom to see 

F97BB900-EFF9-4A39-88B7-0FCE9FAA7B83.png

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome day, Adam! Would love to make it out to one, someday!

Joe I would very much enjoy having you out to sunny Fort Worth. DFW is a more affordable airport to travel to and there are tens of thousands of things to do here for a weekend 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Joe I would very much enjoy having you out to sunny Fort Worth. DFW is a more affordable airport to travel to and there are tens of thousands of things to do here for a weekend 

Thanks, Man! My uncle lives in Arlington!

17 minutes down the road 👍 and only 8 from the Airport 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:11 PM, AdamTGlass said:

I'm gonna be at the one later this month Joe - c'mon - CHICKEN?  lol

16 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I'm gonna be at the one later this month Joe - c'mon - CHICKEN?  lol

I’m gonna be in Aruba for almost 2 weeks😊

5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m gonna be in Aruba for almost 2 weeks😊

Oh for that you get a pass.  Enjoy.