Anyone ever try the “grease the groove” method with grip

FrankSobotka

Specifically implements not grippers? 

Been struggling lately to make any progress and thought about bringing my 2.5” Trilobite to work with about 110# (PR was 150, so about 75%). I’d probably do 3 reps 5 times a day each hand. Then increase reps or weight weekly 

Edited by FrankSobotka

11 hours ago, svr said:

Yep.

It works.

Depending on how you implement KTA, it is greasing the groove.

Have you done it with a rolling handle? 

Yea this is exactly how laborers develop strong grip without any structured training. 

• Like 2

Not GTG but I had great success using a right/left ladders program. 1/1+2/2+3/3 for three sets on day 1, four sets on day 2, and five sets on day 3. Then I'd add weight and start over. That's 72 reps/hand per week. Given the small size of the muscles involved I think any program that emphasizes volume and frequency (at an appropriate intensity) will work great. Something like the Doug Hepburn routine though maybe 3 or 4 days a week, or any of Steve Justa's singles routines come to mind. 

• Like 1

@Andrew Dube I like that, I’ve always enjoyed ladders for other stuff but never thought about it for grip through 

3 hours ago, acorn said:

Yes, yes we have

Care to share details? 

I remember Ben years ago doing a gtg type training with the rolling thunder where (I think) he set it outside the washroom and would do lifts every time he went to and left. I did something similar years ago where I left one at the foot of my stairs with the same intent. Spouse would limit such things now though. 

On 6/6/2019 at 8:35 PM, svr said:

Yep.

It works.

Depending on how you implement KTA, it is greasing the groove.

Yup. :)