Sign in to follow this  
Hubgeezer

June 6, Thank You For Your Service

Hubgeezer

75 years ago today, hundreds of thousands of young men risked their lives for the betterment of the world in a bold, risky and historic mission unparalleled in military history.

I wanted to take the time to thank all living veterans for their service to their country. If you are reading this, it does not matter what country you served, or when you served, Your courage and generosity, although rarely acknowledged, are appreciated by millions.

Thank you France for expressing gratitude and respect so many years later, at a time when the world’s collective memory seems to be getting shorter and shorter, We can all learn something from your show of support.

• Like 4

climber511

Thank you Mike.  I well remember the time when service to one's country was almost mandatory to be elected to public office - no more is that true and I for one think the selflessness that military service shows seems to be missing in todays group of politicians.  It saddens me.  

• Like 2