a question to gripsters

omarlaik

hello, please in mastery of hand strength john mentionned wide wooden timber lifitng for wide grip pinch gripping training, my question is what is a timber, where can i find it here in morocco and what he means by wide wooden timber heres the paragraph where he talks about this please check out the paragraph and answer me note that i live in north africa morocco

I realize that most of you don’t have access to an anvil for lifting. Another object you can perform wide-grip lifting with is a wide wooden timber. You can find these timbers in any lumber yard, or even lying around a farm somewhere. If the timber is too heavy, all you have to do is cut the timber to the right size for you to lift. I like a longer wooden timber so I can perform exercises using both hands. It is amazing how useful these timbers can be: you can perform a whole program of exercises using the timber. Just pinch grip it with both hands and you are ready to do bent-over rows, clean and jerks, deadlifts, and even curls. Just imagine how much your grip will develop if you perform these exercises using a pinch grip. Be careful when pinch gripping any wooden objects. You can pick up large splinters if you’re not careful. You may also want to blunt the edge of the timber so it won’t be so sharp. Exercises with anvils and timbers and the like may seem a little strange. However, if you do regular exercises, you will develop a regular grip; so it goes without saying that if you want a unique level of grip strength, you will need to perform unique exercises for your grip and thanks 

If you can't find timber you can just buy plywood and glue the pieces together. Then cut and sand it to the dimensions you want and put a screw hook in it.

13 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

If you can't find timber you can just buy plywood and glue the pieces together. Then cut and sand it to the dimensions you want and put a screw hook in it.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE IDEAS

Stack 3-5 10lb plates together, that's a good start.

• Like 1

Again I'll advise you the same thing. Don't follow every word literally. Take the concept and do the same. You live in Morocco, everything is available there. I've been there I know. If you don't find a IronMind pinch block use a wooden one. Be smart about it. Not any wood which will rip your hands. Or steel, or use iron. Be creative.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, omarlaik said:

HELLO BRO CAN YOU ANSWER THIS TOPIC 

Omar, relax. You are not taking advice of the people. I've been your age once, you are less than half of my age. Don't flood the board with too many questions. Searching is better trust me there are way more info here than you think you know. Again, and again, I'll tell you this. Don't look at the micro details. Look at the Macro. Don't use broken boards as a pinch tool. Be sure the wood is smooth and not rough. Take it easy.

Edit: Oh yeah and Eid Mubarak!

Edited by Alawadhi

6 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Omar, relax. You are not taking advice of the people. I've been your age once, you are less than half of my age. Don't flood the board with too many questions. Searching is better trust me there are way more info here than you think you know. Again, and again, I'll tell you this. Don't look at the micro details. Look at the Macro. Don't use broken boards as a pinch tool. Be sure the wood is smooth and not rough. Take it easy.

Edit: Oh yeah and Eid Mubarak!

thanks very much, Eid Mubarak to you also, thanks