in important question

omarlaik

first i live in morocco things that are in usa arent  in my contry hello please i have bought mastery of hand strength by john brookfield and he recommend wire cutting exercice to build crushing grip, he says The best wire to use is regular fence wire that you see around most farms. This size wire has the right strength and thickness to give your grip a workout.

please, but i didnt understand which type of wire should i use is it metal wire, and what about the thickness , and it is barbered wire or just simple wire , and where can i find it please 

• Like 1

Hello 

this wire is the common wire used on farms and in animal ranching to build fences. 

I do know the gauge but it is similar to barb wire in thickness. 

Try the plier lifting described in the book as it only requires you to get a few items easy to find. 

4 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Hello 

this wire is the common wire used on farms and in animal ranching to build fences. 

I do know the gauge but it is similar to barb wire in thickness. 

Try the plier lifting described in the book as it only requires you to get a few items easy to find. 

WHAT IS THE GAUGE AND WHAT ABOUT THE THICKNESS OF THE WIRE  SHOULD USE BARBERED WIRE OR JUST SINGLE PIECE WIRE

• Like 1

Gauge of wire = thicknesses  

I think barb wire is thicker because it’s 3 wires wrapped. 

Single piece wire 

10 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Gauge of wire = thicknesses  

I think barb wire is thicker because it’s 3 wires wrapped. 

Single piece wire 

THANKS ADAM FOR ALL THE EFFORTS THAT YOU RE MAKING FOR THE GRIP COMMUNITY PLEASE EXCUSE ME I QUESTION A LOT john in his book MOHS MENTIONEED TIMBER LIFTING FOR TRAIN THE WIDE GRIP PINCH GRIPPING HE SAYS 

Another object you can perform wide-grip lifting with is a wide wooden timber. You can find these timbers in any lumber yard, or even lying around a farm somewhere.

PLEASE WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE TIMBERS AND WHAT ARE THOSE TIMBER AND WHAT HE MEANS BY WIDE DID HE MEANS BY IT THE THICKNESS OF THE WOOD OR WHAT AND CAN I USE THEM AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO BLOCK WEIGHTS

• Like 1

In that paragraph

timber = wood, branch, log, beam

1 minute ago, AdamTGlass said:

In that paragraph

this is thewhole paragraph please say to me is timber a plank of wood or what because he says also lumber 

I realize that most of you don’t have access to an anvil for lifting. Another object you can perform wide-grip lifting with is a wide wooden timber. You can find these timbers in any lumber yard, or even lying around a farm somewhere. If the timber is too heavy, all you have to do is cut the timber to the right size for you to lift. I like a longer wooden timber so I can perform exercises using both hands. It is amazing how useful these timbers can be: you can perform a whole program of exercises using the timber. Just pinch grip it with both hands and you are ready to do bent-over rows, clean and jerks, deadlifts, and even curls. Just imagine how much your grip will develop if you perform these exercises using a pinch grip. Be careful when pinch gripping any wooden objects. You can pick up large splinters if you’re not careful. You may also want to blunt the edge of the timber so it won’t be so sharp. Exercises with anvils and timbers and the like may seem a little strange. However, if you do regular exercises, you will develop a regular grip; so it goes without saying that if you want a unique level of grip strength, you will need to perform unique exercises for your grip. I will very briefly touch on one more exercise that will develop wide-grip hand strength. If you have weights at home or if you train at a gym, you can take about four 10-lb. discs and put them together and pinch grip them. If your hands and wrists are strong enough, you can perform curls with them. One-arm rows are also a great grip developer. You can probably find a lot of other objects that can be pinch gripped in the same manner as the exercises we have mentioned.

Brookfield, John. Mastery of Hand Strength . IronMind Enterprises, Inc. . Kindle Edition. 

12 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

In that paragraph

hello again Adam i have sent you the full text

22 minutes ago, omarlaik said:

this is thewhole paragraph please say to me is timber a plank of wood or what because he says also lumber 

I realize that most of you don’t have access to an anvil for lifting. Another object you can perform wide-grip lifting with is a wide wooden timber. You can find these timbers in any lumber yard, or even lying around a farm somewhere. If the timber is too heavy, all you have to do is cut the timber to the right size for you to lift. I like a longer wooden timber so I can perform exercises using both hands. It is amazing how useful these timbers can be: you can perform a whole program of exercises using the timber. Just pinch grip it with both hands and you are ready to do bent-over rows, clean and jerks, deadlifts, and even curls. Just imagine how much your grip will develop if you perform these exercises using a pinch grip. Be careful when pinch gripping any wooden objects. You can pick up large splinters if you’re not careful. You may also want to blunt the edge of the timber so it won’t be so sharp. Exercises with anvils and timbers and the like may seem a little strange. However, if you do regular exercises, you will develop a regular grip; so it goes without saying that if you want a unique level of grip strength, you will need to perform unique exercises for your grip. I will very briefly touch on one more exercise that will develop wide-grip hand strength. If you have weights at home or if you train at a gym, you can take about four 10-lb. discs and put them together and pinch grip them. If your hands and wrists are strong enough, you can perform curls with them. One-arm rows are also a great grip developer. You can probably find a lot of other objects that can be pinch gripped in the same manner as the exercises we have mentioned.

Brookfield, John. Mastery of Hand Strength . IronMind Enterprises, Inc. . Kindle Edition. 

Here is what Brookfield spoke of as timber- beams- posts 4"x 4"  8 ft long and up. This wood size is referred to by all the names Brookfield spoke of.. (after this reply, he is now all yours Adam 😏)

images (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rick Browne said:

Here is what Brookfield spoke of as timber- beams- posts 4"x 4"  8 ft long and up. This wood size is referred to by all the names Brookfield spoke of.. (after this reply, he is now all yours Adam 😏)

images (1).jpg

thanks bro can i find it here in morocco and can i pinch it without over extending my thumb because i think 4 inch thick is wide and how do you know the information thanks veryyyyy much bro

11 minutes ago, omarlaik said:

thanks bro can i find it here in morocco and can i pinch it without over extending my thumb because i think 4 inch thick is wide and how do you know the information thanks veryyyyy much bro

In the USA these are called 4x4s. But they actually measure 3.5 inches wide on all 4 sides. I do not know if you have them in Morocco.. Get out and hunt and ask around. If you know guys that are builders  of houses , buildings etc. try them...Good luck with your search... I'm out

Edited by Rick Browne

I doubt anyone on the GB can really answer your question as we simply are not aware of what you have available in Morocco.  Don't over think all of this - buy some wire - if it's easy - buy some thicker wire  or cut 2 at a time etc.  Buy (or find) some lumber - buy some different sizes - see what works for you.  You do not need the exact block weights etc that you read about - be creative and find common building materials that fit your need.  Long before Brookfield wrote his book men were building uncommon grips with materials found laying around.  

• Like 5

Omar

Don't take everything in that book too literal. Like the exact thickness of the wire and so on. Just cut a wire. If it was too easy add another wire to it; or do thicker wires. Pinch anything and add weights to it. Look at the concept not the exact wording. 

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Omar

Don't take everything in that book too literal. Like the exact thickness of the wire and so on. Just cut a wire. If it was too easy add another wire to it to do thicker. Pinch anything and add weights to it. Look at the concept not the exact wording. 

THANKS YOU BRO IM ALSO MUSLIM