Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
omarlaik

please help me

Recommended Posts

omarlaik

HELLO IM 15 YEARS OLD BOY FROM MOROCCO, I HAVE BOUGHT MASTERY OF HAND STRENGTH BY JOHN BROOKFIELD, AND HE TALKS ABOUT BLOCKWEIGHTS IN CHAPTER 4, AND I WANTED TO MAKE THEM, today morning i went to many  stores that SELLS sport equipement here in my city in morocco, and i asked them for  iron hex dumbells for making blockweights, but they says that there is only rubber hex dumbells, and when i grapped the end of the dumbell its slippery , and then i thought that for making blockweights you should use only iron hex dumbells because rubber dumbells are slippery please help me what to do because i want to make those blockweights, dont give alternatives, please i want a solution please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass

What about bricks? Cinder blocks? Paving tiles? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik

hello adam first you re my inspirations and thanks adam i want to make blockweights from hex dumbells because there are the best for that that why do you have something to do it to resole this problem

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

Rocks, cement, bricks, logs, old car parts, anvils, scrap metal. There's odd objects available in the entire world if you have a good imagination. Most of those are free or close to it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankSobotka

I would imagine the rubber dumbbells are expensive but if you have the money can you buy them and peel the rubber off? 

And on the other hand, if they are as slippery as you say they may be harder? 

Edited by FrankSobotka
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

There are no rules that say it has to be half of a dumbbell to get stronger.  For years, I used various sized blocks of wood with an eye bolt screwed into them to hold weight.  At your age and stage of training, your main goal is to get stronger hands.  That can be done with half of a hex dumbbell or with any of the great suggestions listed above.  Just find some heavy objects of different widths and weights and start training.  When you can lift those easy, add weight or find something heavier or bigger to lift.  Just keep at it and you will be amazed at your progress no matter what you use.

Best of luck to you young man!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
3 hours ago, omarlaik said:

hello adam first you re my inspirations and thanks adam i want to make blockweights from hex dumbells because there are the best for that that why do you have something to do it to resole this problem

It is true metal dumbbells are useful- best is not the word I would choose. 

two If the best methods of building hand strength require no weights - climbing & arm wrestling. 

A towel or think rug thrown over a tree branch can build a stronger grip. 

Levering things like hammers, shovels, pieces of pipe can build strength...

very few of of us here had block weights at 15- you don’t need it to now to make fantastic gains...

 

that said if you have the coin you can get them. Check your shipping and delivery options- I have absolutely no clue what it would look like to have anything heavy sent to Northern Africa other then “expensive “ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John McCarter
3 hours ago, omarlaik said:

 

Please make sure you hit the quote button and not the report button. Reports are for issues with threads or comments that don't contribute to a thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
On 5/25/2019 at 10:42 PM, Climber028 said:

Rocks, cement, bricks, logs, old car parts, anvils, scrap metal. There's odd objects available in the entire world if you have a good imagination. Most of those are free or close to it. 

 

20 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

It is true metal dumbbells are useful- best is not the word I would choose. 

two If the best methods of building hand strength require no weights - climbing & arm wrestling. 

A towel or think rug thrown over a tree branch can build a stronger grip. 

Levering things like hammers, shovels, pieces of pipe can build strength...

very few of of us here had block weights at 15- you don’t need it to now to make fantastic gains...

 

that said if you have the coin you can get them. Check your shipping and delivery options- I have absolutely no clue what it would look like to have anything heavy sent to Northern Africa other then “expensive “ 

ADAM THANKS FOR ALL THE EFFORTS HERE IN MOROCCO I HAVNT FOUND SOME METAL HEX DUMBELLS DO YOU THINK RUBBER WILL WORK BECAUSE THE ENDS OF THE HEX DUMBELLS IS VERY SLIPPERY I THINK IT WONT BE GOOD I WANT OT BUY A METAL HEX DUMBELL FROM AMAZON BUT THE SHIPPING IS 366 DOLLAR PLEASE SEE THE PIC  

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 10.59.13 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass

I won’t buy those either- so expensive!

 

i think you can make excellent progress with Calisthenics, with sandbags, with bricks, pipes, tree limbs, stones, don’t limit yourself to any tool and instead measure and improve- chase the PRs wherever they come💪💪👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
5 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

I won’t buy those either- so expensive!

 

i think you can make excellent progress with Calisthenics, with sandbags, with bricks, pipes, tree limbs, stones, don’t limit yourself to any tool and instead measure and improve- chase the PRs wherever they come💪💪👍👍

THANKS YOU ADAM I WILL TRAIN THIS OPEN HAND STRENGTH A WIDE WOODEN TIMBER A JOHN SAYS IT CAN BE AN ALTERNATIVE THANKS SO MUCH BUT YOU WHAT KIND OF DUMBELLS YOU USE FOR MAKING BLOCKWEIGHTS WHAT BRAND OF DUMBELL IS MOST USED FOR BLOCKWEIGHTS I KNOW THE BLOB AND YORK IS USED FOR MAKING BLOB AND WHY YOU I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THOSE WORDS BECAUSE MY ENGLISH IS BAD 

Quote

It is true metal dumbbells are useful- best is not the word I would choose. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
21 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

There are no rules that say it has to be half of a dumbbell to get stronger.  For years, I used various sized blocks of wood with an eye bolt screwed into them to hold weight.  At your age and stage of training, your main goal is to get stronger hands.  That can be done with half of a hex dumbbell or with any of the great suggestions listed above.  Just find some heavy objects of different widths and weights and start training.  When you can lift those easy, add weight or find something heavier or bigger to lift.  Just keep at it and you will be amazed at your progress no matter what you use.

Best of luck to you young man!

THANKS I WATCH ALL OF YOUR VIDEOS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Browne

Google scrap metal yards in Morocco. I saw there were about 30 scrap metal yards in and around Casablanca.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
1 minute ago, Rick Browne said:

Google scrap metal yards in Morocco. I saw there were about 30 scrap metal yards in and around Casablanca.

 

THANKS BRO PLEASE CAN YOU CHECK THIS TOPIC AND HELP ME 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
20 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Please make sure you hit the quote button and not the report button. Reports are for issues with threads or comments that don't contribute to a thread.

 

OK THANKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
33 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

I won’t buy those either- so expensive!

 

i think you can make excellent progress with Calisthenics, with sandbags, with bricks, pipes, tree limbs, stones, don’t limit yourself to any tool and instead measure and improve- chase the PRs wherever they come💪💪👍👍

HELLO ADAM CAN U ANSWER MY LAST MESSAGE 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Browne
15 minutes ago, omarlaik said:

THANKS BRO PLEASE CAN YOU CHECK THIS TOPIC AND HELP ME 

 

Since you live in Morocco, there must be plenty of earthen jars to be had. Use sand for your weight medium. This is a martial arts method of hand training. It can be brutal too and humbling.

Go to a scrap yard and talk to the man who operates the place and ask him if he can help you out with some steel or iron to hand lift

nigiri-game-kamikaze.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
5 minutes ago, Rick Browne said:

Since you live in Morocco, there must be plenty of earthen jars to be had. Use sand for your weight medium. This is a martial arts method of hand training. It can be brutal too and humbling.

Go to a scrap yard and talk to the man who operates the place and ask him if he can help you out with some steel or iron to hand lift

nigiri-game-kamikaze.jpg

i have those in my home please can you reply to this topic please https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/50219-in-important-question/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Browne
1 hour ago, omarlaik said:

i have those in my home please can you reply to this topic please https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/50219-in-important-question/

 

Brookfield is suggesting a single strand type wire . Barbed wire is a double or more strands of wire. Very strong stuff but can be used as well.You can use cable wire used for  television . 3-4 strand electrical wiring is good also. If these are hard to get, do you have access to wire coat hangers? If you do, cut them into strands and double the strands and cut them together. Imagination man, use it

Edited by Rick Browne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
55 minutes ago, omarlaik said:

THANKS YOU ADAM I WILL TRAIN THIS OPEN HAND STRENGTH A WIDE WOODEN TIMBER A JOHN SAYS IT CAN BE AN ALTERNATIVE THANKS SO MUCH BUT YOU WHAT KIND OF DUMBELLS YOU USE FOR MAKING BLOCKWEIGHTS WHAT BRAND OF DUMBELL IS MOST USED FOR BLOCKWEIGHTS I KNOW THE BLOB AND YORK IS USED FOR MAKING BLOB AND WHY YOU I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THOSE WORDS BECAUSE MY ENGLISH IS BAD 

 

Excuse me, I don’t want you to think your English is bad/ your English is good. 

So in North America there is a common design of Dumbbell which is 8 sided- hex head dumbbells. In the USA they are so common you can find them in probably 30% of the houses and apartments coast to coast. 

The York Dumbbell became famous due to the success of early pioneers of grip strength- but in its self it’s just another block of weight. It became a thing because of the men who lifted it not because it was the perfect test. 

 

In your city - do you have access to a gym with barbells , dumbbells, maybe kettlebells? 

In your city can you find a few people who also lift weights? It would be great for you to link up with some experienced lifters and make new friends. 

Take time and look around the grip board. No where at any time has this amount of knowledge on this strength been documented. 

It takes a long time to build a true strong hand. Don’t rush. There are no short cuts. Time and iron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
19 minutes ago, Rick Browne said:

Brookfield is suggesting a single strand type wire . Barbed wire is a double strand wire. Very strong stuff but can be used as well.You can use cable wire used for  television . 3-4 strand electrical wiring is good also. If these are hard to get, do you have access to wire coat hangers? If you do, cut them into strands and double the strands and cut them together. Imagination man, use it

PLEASE I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS A SIGNEL STRAND TYPE WIRE AND WHAT ABOUT THE THICKNESS OF IT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
35 minutes ago, Rick Browne said:

Since you live in Morocco, there must be plenty of earthen jars to be had. Use sand for your weight medium. This is a martial arts method of hand training. It can be brutal too and humbling.

Go to a scrap yard and talk to the man who operates the place and ask him if he can help you out with some steel or iron to hand lift

nigiri-game-kamikaze.jpg

Rick that’s a great recommendation 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
1 minute ago, AdamTGlass said:

Excuse me, I don’t want you to think your English is bad/ your English is good. 

So in North America there is a common design of Dumbbell which is 8 sided- hex head dumbbells. In the USA they are so common you can find them in probably 30% of the houses and apartments coast to coast. 

The York Dumbbell became famous due to the success of early pioneers of grip strength- but in its self it’s just another block of weight. It became a thing because of the men who lifted it not because it was the perfect test. 

 

In your city - do you have access to a gym with barbells , dumbbells, maybe kettlebells? 

In your city can you find a few people who also lift weights? It would be great for you to link up with some experienced lifters and make new friends. 

Take time and look around the grip board. No where at any time has this amount of knowledge on this strength been documented. 

It takes a long time to build a true strong hand. Don’t rush. There are no short cuts. Time and iron. 

THANKS YOU ADAM BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THIS SENTENCE It is true metal dumbbells are useful- best is not the word I would choose. 

AND BLOCKWEIGHTS SHOULD BE MADE JUST FROM IRON DUMBELLS OR RUBBER ALSO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
Just now, omarlaik said:

THANKS YOU ADAM BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THIS SENTENCE It is true metal dumbbells are useful- best is not the word I would choose. 

AND BLOCKWEIGHTS SHOULD BE MADE JUST FROM IRON DUMBELLS OR RUBBER ALSO

Blocks can be made from metal, rubber, wood, sand, clay, glass, bone, ice, —- for building strong hands- anything that is hard to lift seems to be of some use. 

Rubber Dumbbell is ok 👍

i dont think the cost of shipping is good— if I lived in Africa I would probably start with lifting stones and climbing things. 

John Brookfield wrote a very good book- but there are millions of other things not in the book that are very good for strength as well. 

Do what you can, with what you got. 💪👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.