Isometric based program

db2000

Does anyone have any guidelines or a program based around isometrics for short steel bending?

I know nothing will substitute actually bending

From all the searching I have done the only recommendation I can find is keeping them under 10 seconds, no information of how many attempts, how many positions etc

Any guidance would be appreciated 

Not long enough! Only a few weeks. I can bend a ironmind yellow nail.

My plan was to only go about 50% for a couple months. I don't think I have enough tendon and ligament strength for 80%+ 

39 minutes ago, db2000 said:

Not long enough! Only a few weeks. I can bend a ironmind yellow nail.

My plan was to only go about 50% for a couple months. I don't think I have enough tendon and ligament strength for 80%+ 

Your body is most likely not ready for isometrics. ISOs are great, but should be used more as a last step when you are not making gains with regular bending. You are going to make great gains over the next six months just bending regularly.

• Like 4

I agree - make sure you have good recovery between sessions and get those bends in! Really focus on technique and flexibility and lock in that movement pattern.

• Like 4

Make sure you bend in ironmind pads only it will help establish tremendous wrist strength on top of conditioning your hands

• Like 1

What the guys above said!