Wrist roller

Shal9097

I’ve heard that thick bar work will negatively impact gripper strength. In general, will thick wrist roller work negatively impact gripper strength? I’ve thought about adding it at the end of my gripper workouts to get some extra blood pumped to my forearm muscles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Yes, after gripper workout. Don't expect PR after thick bar work, even after 2 days rest.

2 hours ago, Joefrey said:

Hi! Yes, after gripper workout. Don't expect PR after thick bar work, even after 2 days rest.

Lol yeah I got some experience with thick work messing up my gripper workout over the weekend. Last Saturday I roped my dad clear a patch of woods on his property. I spent all day picking up and dragging thick branches and logs and my gripper workout was garbage on Monday and my thumb is still sore. Thanks for the reply

• 2 months later...

Inch dumbbell deadlift. Wrist strength is very important to deadlift it as you need to keep your wrist straigth at the beginning of the lift else the dumbbell rotate. Wrist curls palms up are also a good alternative.