Kettlebell pinch deadlift

Lennix

So I saw on community feats and records that there was something called kettlebell deadlift and I saw that my mainstream gym actually had something I could play with gripwise! I managed to lift the 14kgs and could press it over my head. So I continued and tried the 16kg (movie) and it went up smooth aswell. Tried the 18kg and it was more of a hassle but got that aswell forgot to push record -.-! So, did I do the lift correctly? Are the kettlebells I'm using ok? 

Edited by Lennix
Spelling
  • Like 4

Looked good to me.  I think you could do even more if you got all 4 fingers on the opposite side of your thumb.  Great stuff!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Looked good to me.  I think you could do even more if you got all 4 fingers on the opposite side of your thumb.  Great stuff!

That's great news. Thanks for the tip! This was my first time trying, so hopefully i got room to improve. Only pinch I did previous is 80mm and 40mm blockholds. 

I think that's a legit lift. There used to be something about keeping the fingers off the numbers, etc.  But I think Jedd took that out.

17 minutes ago, bwwm said:

I think that's a legit lift. There used to be something about keeping the fingers off the numbers, etc.  But I think Jedd took that out.

Perfect! Btw, do you guys know if bracing towards the knee with the offhand is ok or not? would prefer to have it there.. 

I would try not to do that.  The rules don't explicitly state it, but in other feats of strength sometimes the rules say no assistance/bracing with the off hand.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, Lennix said:

Perfect! Btw, do you guys know if bracing towards the knee with the offhand is ok or not? would prefer to have it there.. 

I always brace off hand unless the rules say otherwise.  

• Like 2

18kg today was pritty easy with both hands, tried 20kg but couldnt even get it off the floor! 

18kg + 16kg deadlift! Third set since first was bad lockout and seconds dropped the 18kg 30 cm from the ground on the way down. 

• Like 1