New rated grippers 150 and 154 NS Closes

45 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Part of it is that they dont want to, like me. I'm too busy to have a gripper sent out to my house and all that. The MM0 can be done easily with your own gripper so I said what they hay and did it. Also I'm pretty sure there is money involved with anything over the mm0, meaning you have to pay if I remember 

When i was at my strongest on grippers I could get my 172 mm3 replica down to a frog hair.  So I know I could have done the mm2 for sure. But I never really train for anything consistent. 

Yes for sure but I still think that most people at MM0 can't close the MM2. I also think that a lot of the people who certed COC before 04 can't or have not CCS a hard #3.

It's one thing to get to the #3 (with parallel set) and getting past that is much harder. Getting to MM2 level, or to CCS any #3 any day on demand is a very difficult level to reach.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes for sure but I still think that most people at MM0 can't close the MM2. I also think that a lot of the people who certed COC before 04 can't or have not CCS a hard #3.

It's one thing to get to the #3 (with parallel set) and getting past that is much harder. Getting to MM2 level, or to CCS any #3 any day on demand is a very difficult level to reach.

I think this about sums it up.  I hope to take a shot at MM1 this year but I suspect that I will either just miss or just make it, and probably end there.  I haven't given up, but I am close to capacity on this and I'm 50.  Not gonna suddenly jump ahead like the first few months with grippers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think this about sums it up.  I hope to take a shot at MM1 this year but I suspect that I will either just miss or just make it, and probably end there.  I haven't given up, but I am close to capacity on this and I'm 50.  Not gonna suddenly jump ahead like the first few months with grippers.

You'll get the MM1 no doubt Vinnie. I've read that it has an easy sweep so once your crush is good enough it shouldn't be difficult to close it. I quit grippers mostly because I can't set them (at the level my crush was at). If you get a gripper with a spongy sweep it will be no problem for you if you have the crush strength.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

You'll get the MM1 no doubt Vinnie. I've read that it has an easy sweep so once your crush is good enough it shouldn't be difficult to close it. I quit grippers mostly because I can't set them (at the level my crush was at). If you get a gripper with a spongy sweep it will be no problem for you if you have the crush strength.

I have better crush than set as well.  I want to close my 153 COC 3 or my 155 Spectrum before I sign up for MM1.  They are probably harder sets but about same RGC, so if I can do them, I'd think it was time to try.  I closed Chez's 153 COC 3 once on a good day, but I think he has worn it down a bit and it might not really be 153.

Edited by Vinnie

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I have better crush than set as well.  I want to close my 153 COC 3 or my 155 Spectrum before I sign up for MM1.  They are probably harder sets but about same RGC, so if I can do them, I'd think it was time to try.  I closed Chez's 153 COC 3 once on a good day, but I think he has worn it down a bit and it might not really be 153.

(HIghest I feel confident I can do on any given day is 145-148.  Not quite there for MM1.)

edit

Edited by Mikael Siversson