New rated grippers 150 and 154 NS Closes

Crush it Joe

Edited by NealB

Just now, NealB said:

Crush it Joe. Happy to help. Fellow brother out. 

You the MAN, NEAL! Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, let me know and come over and TRAIN BRUTHAAAAA!

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You the MAN, NEAL! Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, let me know and come over and TRAIN BRUTHAAAAA!

Sounds good brother, I will definitely take you up on that deal. 

Very strong💪💪💪

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m not ready, I don’t think. I’d probably choke.

Would they make you pass the credit card through even if you TNS it?  Would be silly to, but they might, and that might actually be harder for you because of the disruption in your style.  But you definitely are "ready" as far as likely to be physically able to close the gripper they would send with a credit card set.  Might just have to practice the mechanics of it a coupla times.

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Would they make you pass the credit card through even if you TNS it?  Would be silly to, but they might, and that might actually be harder for you because of the disruption in your style.  But you definitely are "ready" as far as likely to be physically able to close the gripper they would send with a credit card set.  Might just have to practice the mechanics of it a coupla times.

Pretty sure you have to pass the card through even with a TNS. Think I've seen Paul Knight do it that way in a video before too. 

You always have to use the card but that wouldn’t hinder my style at all. Just like I did with the block at NAGS and Gripmas with the 20mm block . It’s the same thing as I’m doing here. 

Great closes Joseph.

You can of course use a TNS, put the gripper down on a table then swipe the card, pick it up with one hand and close it :D

Also, if you don't feel like certifying, definitely don't do it just because other people want you to.

And if you decide to do it. We all know the only thing that is going to choke is the gripper in your hand :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

Great closes Joseph.

You can of course use a TNS, put the gripper down on a table then swipe the card, pick it up with one hand and close it :D

Also, if you don't feel like certifying, definitely don't do it just because other people want you to.

And if you decide to do it. We all know the only thing that is going to choke is the gripper in your hand :D

Yea, gripper certs don’t really strike my fancy too much. It’s not on my list of to do’s....  I just Get great satisfaction out of being able to close a number three in this fashion anytime on demand. 😊

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

When you can do something, and it is quite an easy task for you, 'proving' it isn't all that interesting. 

I totally agree, brother! This is a lot of fun. I don’t need a certificate to tell me I can do it, but it’s nice!

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I totally agree, brother! This is a lot of fun. I don’t need a certificate to tell me I can do it, but it’s nice!

That's pretty much how I feel. Especially since the rules changed so it lost the little prestige it had. A couple years ago I was thinking of double certing the red nail, which I was demolishing in 13sec, and the coc 3 but didnt want the hassle of finding time to meet someone to do all that 

59 minutes ago, king crusher said:

That's pretty much how I feel. Especially since the rules changed so it lost the little prestige it had. A couple years ago I was thinking of double certing the red nail, which I was demolishing in 13sec, and the coc 3 but didnt want the hassle of finding time to meet someone to do all that 

Yea, I don’t need a cert to remind me I am a strong guy, it is just nice to have on record and as a momento.

7 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yea, gripper certs don’t really strike my fancy too much. It’s not on my list of to do’s....  I just Get great satisfaction out of being able to close a number three in this fashion anytime on demand. 😊

Bastardo!  I'd give my left arm to do it with my right one!

I'm not terribly far from certing the 3 but not close enough to be sure I will get there.  However, it makes me wonder:  I wonder how many people on the list could do the cert today.  Some may have certed when it used to be easier, others may have gotten lucky with a light gripper, others may have just stopped working out that event and lost the edge.

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I'm not terribly far from certing the 3 but not close enough to be sure I will get there.  However, it makes me wonder:  I wonder how many people on the list could do the cert today.  Some may have certed when it used to be easier, others may have gotten lucky with a light gripper, others may have just stopped working out that event and lost the edge.

The lines have been so blurred with the different cert rules. Gets quite confusing.

55 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

It's not confusing they switched in like 04. So anyone who certed pre 04 basically did only a MMS cert,  or the MM0. You didnt even need to use a new out of package gripper if I remember correctly. 

I know some re certed I'm pretty sure but I'm very positive plenty could not do it with new rules. 

So for those reasons, I'm out. Lol /shark tank

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, king crusher said:

It's not confusing they switched in like 04. So anyone who certed pre 04 basically did only a MMS cert,  or the MM0. You didnt even need to use a new out of package gripper if I remember correctly. 

I know some re certed I'm pretty sure but I'm very positive plenty could not do it with new rules. 

So for those reasons, I'm out. Lol /shark tank

Looking at the list of MM0, then comparing it to the list of MM2. I would say that is a fair comparison. Of course not everyone that is MM0 has tried the MM1 or MM2 certs but I think it's mostly because it's hard not because they don't want to.

21 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m not ready, I don’t think. I’d probably choke.

From what I've seen, you are ahead of me in strength when it comes to grippers. And I've done the COC#3 certification.
I'd be real surprised if you'd fail a #3 certification.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Looking at the list of MM0, then comparing it to the list of MM2. I would say that is a fair comparison. Of course not everyone that is MM0 has tried the MM1 or MM2 certs but I think it's mostly because it's hard not because they don't want to.

Part of it is that they dont want to, like me. I'm too busy to have a gripper sent out to my house and all that. The MM0 can be done easily with your own gripper so I said what they hay and did it. Also I'm pretty sure there is money involved with anything over the mm0, meaning you have to pay if I remember 

When i was at my strongest on grippers I could get my 172 mm3 replica down to a frog hair.  So I know I could have done the mm2 for sure. But I never really train for anything consistent. 

Edited by king crusher