Braced Bend of a LEVIATHAN - 0.5"x2.375"x47.2"

camz

LEVIATHAN
12mm x 60mm x 120cm (0.5" x 2 3/8" x 47.2")
6,8kg / 15lbs

BY FAR my hardest bend up to now.

IMG_2280.thumb.jpg.b67428093000fb4ab767416a9ea2df0e.jpg

I managed to bend a "Goliath" (12x40mm x 120cm - originated by Eric Vining - left one in the pic) after just a few sessions of longbar bending on March 2nd 2018. 

My next goal was a 12x50mm x 120cm flatbar (the one in the middle), which I was able to bend in August 2018. As I was the first man to bend such a bar I named it "Carl's Colossus", because it is so much bigger than a Goliath.

Now, more than 8 months later, I am here:
LEVIATHAN 12x60mm x 120cm
I named it Leviathan, because it's exactly this: A MONSTER! Pretty proud of this one!

Go bend some steel!

IMG_2276.jpg

• Like 6

Even when it seems impossible, this buddy will bend it.

Great job as always, Kalli!

For all other long bar benders out there: there is more to come!

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, Horrido said:

Even when it seems impossible, this buddy will bend it.

Great job as always, Kalli!

For all other long bar benders out there: there is more to come!

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! Hope to see you bend more long bars too in the future!

• Like 3

I just saw this now - amazing Carl, huge congrats! The SECOND bar that you are the first man recorded bending it - really inspirational and straight awesome! Keep killing it man!

• Like 3

On 5/18/2019 at 6:32 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

I just saw this now - amazing Carl, huge congrats! The SECOND bar that you are the first man recorded bending it - really inspirational and straight awesome! Keep killing it man!

Thank you very much! The support from you guys over here is highly appreciated! Especially as noone else seems to care about bending these days, let alone braced bending.

There is an even bigger bar on my list, so I will keep on working on some weak points and hope that it will pay off some day... 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, camz said:

Thank you very much! The support from you guys over here is highly appreciated! Especially as noone else seems to care about bending these days, let alone braced bending.

There is an even bigger bar on my list, so I will keep on working on some weak points and hope that it will pay off some day... 

You may want to consider writing a book. Aside from Ruben I dont think anyone hax the ability to bend like you. The information you have is invaluable. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, camz said:

Look forward to seeing it fall!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

Look forward to seeing it fall!

Thanks man!

Got two other hard bends last friday 😄  Will make a new thread as soon as the videos are up...

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 3:11 AM, KapMan said:

You may want to consider writing a book. Aside from Ruben I dont think anyone hax the ability to bend like you. The information you have is invaluable. 

If I had the time, I think I really would write a book. Not sure, if you can get rich with a book about braced bending 😄 lol

But if you or anyone else needs help, feel free to ask! I think I learned A LOT the last 1.5 years and it would be cool to see more guys bend big steel!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, camz said:

If I had the time, I think I really would write a book. Not sure, if you can get rich with a book about braced bending 😄 lol

But if you or anyone else needs help, feel free to ask! I think I learned A LOT the last 1.5 years and it would be cool to see more guys bend big steel!

Haha, no, probably not rich - maybe enough to buy a few cups of coffee though - 

yea, you were the first I saw to to pull/deadlift those long bars up from under your hamstring to start it - after watching a couple of your videos, I was able to get the best movement I ever achieved so far on a 3/4"x40" a36 doing it that way - only a few degrees but definitely progress - definitely felt it in the hip and traps like crazy too - felt like a max isometric deadlift - or like a giant was trying to rip my head off and I resisted haha - really cool movement and thanks as always for sharing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

Haha, no, probably not rich - maybe enough to buy a few cups of coffee though - 

yea, you were the first I saw to to pull/deadlift those long bars up from under your hamstring to start it - after watching a couple of your videos, I was able to get the best movement I ever achieved so far on a 3/4"x40" a36 doing it that way - only a few degrees but definitely progress - definitely felt it in the hip and traps like crazy too - felt like a max isometric deadlift - or like a giant was trying to rip my head off and I resisted haha - really cool movement and thanks as always for sharing

Haha! That's pretty cool! Thanks for the feedback! Happy that it works for you!

I started to use this on longer bars on my limit. I noticed that I ran out of gas on the knee-kink on a certain maximum bar and couldn't finish the bar, because I couldn't kink it far enough. With this Jefferson/Straddle-DL-Pull I could kink it a few degrees before the knee-kink and eventually finish the bar.

It's also useful on really LOOONG bars (>47") to start the kink at all!

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, camz said:

Haha! That's pretty cool! Thanks for the feedback! Happy that it works for you!

I started to use this on longer bars on my limit. I noticed that I ran out of gas on the knee-kink on a certain maximum bar and couldn't finish the bar, because I couldn't kink it far enough. With this Jefferson/Straddle-DL-Pull I could kink it a few degrees before the knee-kink and eventually finish the bar.

It's also useful on really LOOONG bars (>47") to start the kink at all!

I can definitely see that - thanks again for sharing the experience - I really gotta work on my knee kink though - I've always had success starting 5/8" bars 36" and shorter by pushing down over my upper thigh, so I haven't had to train the knee kink, but I've been getting nothing yet with a 3/4" that way - gotta put the time in on the knee - its also the length of course, 40" just seems to be too wide for me to start with a press down - that Jefferson/Straddle-DL-Pull gave great hope! Hah

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 11:31 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

I've always had success starting 5/8" bars 36" and shorter by pushing down over my upper thigh, so I haven't had to train the knee kink, but I've been getting nothing yet with a 3/4" that way - gotta put the time in on the knee - its also the length of course, 40" just seems to be too wide for me to start with a press down

...same over here! I had a pretty decent level on horseshoes before I started with long bars. So I always opted for the thigh-push. But for very long or harder bars, the knee/shin-pull works way better! (Despite having bent around 800 horseshoes at that time...)

And as said before, it is always good, to have a variety of techniques to use!

• Like 2