Functional strength article

Guest Combat Student

great artical, except Brooks Kubik is the real Dino King.

Who is this other guy and where do they get off calling him something he is not!  Dinosaur training is where it's at for sure!!!

Guest SUPERGRIP

great article on odd object lifting , but what's it got to do with grip training ? remember that this is the gripboard , no disrespect intended .

I have to agree.  Also, why do you think the barbell was invented? ;)

I guess I agree too.  Nothing specific about grip work mentioned, however we can all find inspiration in the kind of grip required to be successful with odd object lifting.

BC.

Guest Combat Student

The article made me think off how much grip strength is required for lifting rocks, sandbags, etc. So I thought it would be of interest.

Jim

Combat Student is right, after my sandbag workout on Friday, my wrists and grip were fried.  Steve Jeck also notes how important grip strength is to lifting rocks.  Mr. Black reinforces this point on his webpage also.  Just one more good reason to have a strong grip.

JD