Unofficial world record double sledgehammer lever

29 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Are you talking about this device? From arm assassin?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eaccad71ea3acba1

28951241-A211-4F84-B40B-87209CA6DFB1.png

Yepper,  that is it. Does it feel the same or close to the same in action as 2 wooden hammers feel pinned together.? And do you like this rig?

15 minutes ago, Rick Browne said:

Yepper,  that is it. Does it feel the same or close to the same in action as 2 wooden hammers feel pinned together.? And do you like this rig?

This definitely does not feel the same but the closest you will get to actual double hammers pinned outside of having them . The handles are tubular as opposed to oval on the wooden handles . Also feels different being that it had the handle in the center and not connected to the 2 handles directly  . I have used this device once and the wooden handles double device once, for face levers . I myself, prefer the wooden handles and their oval shape on actual sledges than tubular Handles. But for practice and getting your wrists stronger, the steel device is sufficient as well. 

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the helpful information...and I understand about the weight displacement being over a single main body tube would feel different from seperate weight loads on two handles ( good point there).  

• Like 1

I know it’ll probably never happen but just imagine how awesome it would be to perform a record attempt live in between two matches at one of the future WAL events. Using similar slick looking sledges with the chome heads and shiny wooden handles. With Slim present in the crowd tipping his hat in respect to the next generation of strongman. I’m sure if it’s done right it could be presented in a way where it would really capture the interest of the armwrestling crowd.

I would jizz in my pants.

• Like 3

Just now, David_wigren said:

I know it’ll probably never happen but just imagine how awesome it would be to perform a record attempt live in between two matches at one of the future WAL events. Using similar slick looking sledges with the chome heads and shiny wooden handles. With Slim present in the crowd tipping his hat in respect to the next generation of strongman. I’m sure if it’s done right it could be presented in a way where it would really capture the interest of the armwrestling crowd.

I would jizz in my pants.

Dave,

I actually may get the opportunity to lever his actual hammers, if Dennis Rogers is able to arrange that. He has been really helping me behind the scenes in trying to arrange something big and we have had quite a few discussions this past week or so for over an hour at a time . I would love to be able to do it with slim present if he is well enough and willing to give me the honor to lever them. The double hammer device I used has nearly 36 inch total handle length. Should be quite the experience if I get blessed enough to try it. Dennis has been wonderful and really putting himself out there for me. 

Thanks Dennis

Joe